Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

#42 3799

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:19 PM

Wow! Considering all the criticsm on here you would have thought the surface was total junk. This basically amounted to a day time show because they were hurrying to beat the weather. I have to say the track looks pretty darn good. Throw in other factors like the hot sunny weather, I would have to say the criticism is not warranted at all.

#43 champ10

champ10

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:20 PM

I think what bothers me most about Sharon Speedway is each time there is a big race they seem surprised Willoughby didn't cancel. The speakers never work on the back stretch and can't hear from half the ones on the front. For a track that's partially owned by Kirila Construction (as we are reminded St the end of every press release) the parking is the worst of any track around. Now I know it has rained a lot but no effort has ever been put into improving it.
The swamp in the infield is very classy!

#44 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:41 PM

They try pretty damn hard to get the big shows and sprint shows in, not so much for the rest of the normal programming. The track is smooth as can be but there's very little grip to be found. That's the issue, rubbers ul fast when it's that slick and smooth because the surface can't be penetrated because of the roller packing it so tight. If it was a 1 off there wouldn't be much fuss but that's what dave wants every week and the majority of drivers absolutely hate it.

#45 weinerdog

weinerdog

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:14 PM

After the Lou Blaney race I would like to retract my previous statement.

#46 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

Which part and/or why? Saw the big blocks were running 19's in the feature. Those 100 practice laps Blaney put on the track a month or so back finally paid off

Edited by sicario, 08 July 2018 - 01:24 PM.

#47 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:38 PM

Wow! Considering all the criticsm on here you would have thought the surface was total junk. This basically amounted to a day time show because they were hurrying to beat the weather. I have to say the track looks pretty darn good. Throw in other factors like the hot sunny weather, I would have to say the criticism is not warranted at all.

You need to get out more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users