• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:10 PM

Location for Tri-City sprint car results?

#2 racefan62

racefan62

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:15 PM

410 Sprint Cars: Jack Sodeman, Jr., Max Stambaugh, Sye Lynch, George Hobaugh, Jr., Brandon Matus, Dan Kuriger, Jeremy Kornbaugh, Brent Matus, Bryan Salisbury, Jimmy Morris, Bob Lime, Gale Ruth, Sr., Dan Shetler, Andy Cavanaugh, Gerald Hairhoger, Paul Kish, Vinny Daugherty, and Russ Sansosti.

#3 racefan62

racefan62

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:18 PM

From Tri-City's Facebook page:

RUSH Late Models: Mike Pegehr, Jr., Damon Bidwell, Brady Wonderling, Christian Schneider, Jason Genco, Darrell Bossard, Eric Wilson, Nico Dabecco, Jeremy Wonderling, Colby Beighey, Scott Gurdak, Matt Latta, Bruce Hordusky, Jr., Dennis Lunger, Khole Wanzer, Mike Franklin, Chad Sines, J.J. Mazur, Tommy Schirnhofer, Jr., Andy Proper, Adam Ferri, Al Brewer, Kyle Murray, Jason Fosnaught, John Mollick.

RUSH Non-qualifiers Race: Logan Zarin, Jakob Piper, Brian Knowles, Bob Mitcham, III, Tony Iarrapina.
DNS: Jacob Peterson, Robby Marhefka, Matt Dobnak, Gary Troyer, Steve LeBarron, Andy Michael, Bob Schwartzmiller, Bill Kessler, Ward Schell, Paul Norman, Zach Gunn, Joe Chamberlain, Tony White, Jamie Wrightsman.

e-Mods: Mike Potosky, Mike Mcgee, Mike Kinney, Shawn Shingledecker, Kurt Thorpe, Randy Hall, and Joe Betz.

Vintage Mods: Dave Myers, Jim Kirkwood, Rick Hall, Dale Zimmer, Jeff Manners, Jeff Mitchell.

"Please stay tuned for announcements regarding the 2019 season at Tri-City Raceway Park. Thanks to all of the fans and competitors for the exciting 2018 season."

Edited by racefan62, 22 August 2018 - 02:20 PM.

#4 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

Thank you for the sprint car results.

#5 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 2,984 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:49 AM

Congrats to Geislers and Pegher!
You dont really believe that about the 1z just piling on
And remember like I said about Colton Flinner hit everything but the Pace car but look at him now !!
Featured on Lernerville Podcast !
The kid knows how to race and Intimidation is part of racing !
So if some are afraid to race
Then they already are losers before they get on the track
And thats a BIG Loser
Anybody ever heard of Slaming Sammy swindell ?
A wrecking ball with no fenders !

Edited by DavyLee2, 24 August 2018 - 09:49 AM.

#6 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

Have you ever heard a wrecking ball whine?

#7 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,491 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:13 PM

HUH ? 2 posts up...

WHAT ? 1 post up...

#8 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:46 AM

Looks like he will be a contender for the annual "Western PA Rookie of the Year" award this year!!!  Right now the list is pretty short!!   And I can think of several drivers who started their careers at Tri-City and were good for a caution or two every night but are now winning races!!!

GOOD RACING!!!!

Walt

#9 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:08 PM

Have you ever heard a wrecking ball whine?

Yeah, Slammy! Biggest whiner in racing, and he pretty much caused all of the things he cries about. Gotta give him credit, though, he took the "hit everything but the pace truck" so literally that he wrecked a push truck--idiot. Yeah, if you can't out drive 'em, wreck 'em, He's made a lot of money junking cars he couldn't pass. 

Edited by FanJim24, 25 August 2018 - 02:06 PM.

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#10 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:14 PM

In my often disputed opinion, there's a huge difference between hard racing and dirty racing. Bob and Bobby Wearing used to beat the snot out of each other going for the same real estate, but they didn't take each other out, and no matter how hard they raced anyone they weren't known for wrecking people. Want to name a better driver in this area than Bob Wearing? How many cars did Lou Blaney take out? Geisler? I could go on. 

Edited by FanJim24, 25 August 2018 - 02:08 PM.

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#11 Don88

Don88

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Riding Motorcycles.

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:30 AM

If you think that Sammy was at fault when he hit the push truck, you are dumber than a pile of rocks!!!

Howe many races did you win??? Sammy has well over 500 feature wins!!

#12 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:11 AM

If you think that Sammy was at fault when he hit the push truck, you are dumber than a pile of rocks!!!

Howe many races did you win??? Sammy has well over 500 feature wins!!

I cited the push truck incident as humor, Don. That one wasn't really his fault, so many others were. In his day he was dirty, and I'm not of fan of dirty driving, especially in sprint cars. Hard racing is different, as far as I am concerned. I know that there have been a lot of drivers who won a bunch of races taking the other guy out, Earnhardt is a nascrap hero for it.

Your opinion is usually more respected than mine, and I acknowledge that. 

Edited by FanJim24, 26 August 2018 - 11:13 AM.

#13 notrk

notrk

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:32 PM

Well he was looking at the scoreboard when he hit the push truck.
If he would of been looking ahead of him and not trying to see his lap time he would of easily missed the truck.

#14 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

Sammy gave no one an inch. He raced everyone hard, I for one enjoyed watching him greatly. He was so very lucky that night at lernerville. That easily could have been so much worse. The blame on that deal was shared between both parties involved. For many years guys took a look at that scoreboard. Lou Blaney taking out cars ? WOW, you got me on that one. You sure you weren't watching Blackie Watt ? Maybe Walt can help on how he got the name Blackie. I've heard 2 stories back in the day, his on track activities and the second that in his day he had a tendency to get into a few fights. Not sure if either is true.

#15 rocket21

rocket21

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

Sammy gave no one an inch. He raced everyone hard, I for one enjoyed watching him greatly. He was so very lucky that night at lernerville. That easily could have been so much worse. The blame on that deal was shared between both parties involved. For many years guys took a look at that scoreboard. Lou Blaney taking out cars ? WOW, you got me on that one. You sure you weren't watching Blackie Watt ? Maybe Walt can help on how he got the name Blackie. I've heard 2 stories back in the day, his on track activities and the second that in his day he had a tendency to get into a few fights. Not sure if either is true.

#16 rocket21

rocket21

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:01 PM

I read one time it was because he worked in the grease pit in a garage when he was young and looked the part, hence the nickname "Blackie" (always covered in grease & grime)

#17 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:32 PM

http://speedwayprodu...lackie_Watt.pdf

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#18 brad hibbard

brad hibbard

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:59 PM

very impressed by the research  done by scruffy

thank you for sharing with us

Brad

#19 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:41 AM

Thanks for posting that. Good read.

#20 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:08 PM

My point was that those guys, the best drivers in the area, weren't known for wrecking people, yeah run you hard, some maybe lean on you a little, but never intentionally wreck you. I didn't like Blackie either, because he was dirty. He took drivers out. Drove one guy down the whole front wall at Lernerville, and never lifted or turned left until the end of the straight away. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users