Might be the real reason Fastrack and Rush engine rules will never be the same

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:04 AM

Might the reason for a difference be to determine who gets sales commission from GM on crate engines sold?

Might Fastrack and Rush engine builders reporting which venue they prepared an engine for to GM determine which promoter gets a cut out of the engine sale?   I don't know just asking.  

#2 blue by you

blue by you

Race Fan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:27 AM

is there a difference beween the fastrack an rush engines? i thought you could run both series.....just asking.

#3 DirtxxxRacing

DirtxxxRacing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:39 PM

is there a difference beween the fastrack an rush engines? i thought you could run both series.....just asking.

You can run Fastrak with an engine sealed with either Rush or Fastrak seals, but Rush only allows Rush seals.

#4 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,491 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:24 PM

T

You can run Fastrak with an engine sealed with either Rush or Fastrak seals, but Rush only allows Rush seals.

There's a surprise. (sarcasm )

#5 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:27 AM

Ok got off my butt and looked at the rules:

Rush rules:

4. In the event of a repair or rebuild only a RUSH or Crate USA authorized rebuilder facility may install permitted seal tags on engine. RUSH and Crate USA Generation III (yellow) & Generation IV (green) seals allowed. NO RM bolts, FASTRAK, NDRA, DIRTcar (red or blue), Crate USA Generation I (silver) or Crate USA Generation II (blue) seals permitted. For any other sealing system, contact RUSH for approval.

5. Engines "must" be sealed in all of the above stated locations with either the "original" GM twist off bolt heads, RUSH seal tags, Crate USA seal tags, or a combination of the "original" GM twist off bolts and/or RUSH or Crate USA seal tags.

Fastrack rules:

ENGINE SEALS Original GM bolts and most series seals. FASTRAK DOES NOT honor seals of engine builders. If any doubt, call the FASTRAK office. Some series have changed to their seals only or new GM bolts. FASTRAK strongly advises you to use FASTRAK authorized builders only. Most series do not require contracts or bonds so beware of other engine builders. They have nothing to lose if they get caught. The penalties are too stiff to take a chance.

Any seal other than FASTRAK or GM must add 50 lbs.

The comparison reads to me if you use an engine builder who is both RUSH and FASTRAK approved add 50 pounds and you can race in Fastrak. 

RUSH as previously reported states RUSH only seals and engine builder.

Did I get it right if I did I think the info will help anyone thinking of racing in both series.  RUSH says we don't need ya unless you pay only us and Fastrak says we'll accept your RUSH sealed engine if you used a builder authorized by both and add 50 pounds. 

Brad, are you authorized to build and seal engines for both RUSH and FASTRAK?  It sure would be a feather in your cap if you are.  OR, if your not and did become authorized to also seal for FASTRAK and your engines could be used in both when 50 pounds are added for a FASTRAK race, .... I'd bet Vicky would drop you like a hot potatoe.  I can see Blackshear being ingrained exclusively with RUSH, but you and other builders may not be so locked in. 

Butt as I already said ugly takes many forms some not obvious to the naked eye.  And if you don't buy into my skivvies totally some ugly vomit is likely to spew on your forehead in the guise of business policy.  :)

... and for that sexually deviant young or old man who dumped on me recently here another definition:  :)

guise

ɡīz/
noun

1. an external form, appearance, or manner of presentation, typically concealing the true nature of something.

#6 brad hibbard

brad hibbard

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:21 AM

WOW DS2

you are thinking way too hard again

many engine builders are authorized for more than 1 sanction

race-1 is authorized for the ones you mentioned and several others 

I don't see where it is a conflict of interest

Brad

#7 sprntr2011

sprntr2011

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:37 AM

Ok got off my butt and looked at the rules:

Rush rules:

4. In the event of a repair or rebuild only a RUSH or Crate USA authorized rebuilder facility may install permitted seal tags on engine. RUSH and Crate USA Generation III (yellow) & Generation IV (green) seals allowed. NO RM bolts, FASTRAK, NDRA, DIRTcar (red or blue), Crate USA Generation I (silver) or Crate USA Generation II (blue) seals permitted. For any other sealing system, contact RUSH for approval.

5. Engines "must" be sealed in all of the above stated locations with either the "original" GM twist off bolt heads, RUSH seal tags, Crate USA seal tags, or a combination of the "original" GM twist off bolts and/or RUSH or Crate USA seal tags.

Fastrack rules:

ENGINE SEALS Original GM bolts and most series seals. FASTRAK DOES NOT honor seals of engine builders. If any doubt, call the FASTRAK office. Some series have changed to their seals only or new GM bolts. FASTRAK strongly advises you to use FASTRAK authorized builders only. Most series do not require contracts or bonds so beware of other engine builders. They have nothing to lose if they get caught. The penalties are too stiff to take a chance.

Any seal other than FASTRAK or GM must add 50 lbs.

The comparison reads to me if you use an engine builder who is both RUSH and FASTRAK approved add 50 pounds and you can race in Fastrak. 

RUSH as previously reported states RUSH only seals and engine builder.

Did I get it right if I did I think the info will help anyone thinking of racing in both series.  RUSH says we don't need ya unless you pay only us and Fastrak says we'll accept your RUSH sealed engine if you used a builder authorized by both and add 50 pounds. 

Brad, are you authorized to build and seal engines for both RUSH and FASTRAK?  It sure would be a feather in your cap if you are.  OR, if your not and did become authorized to also seal for FASTRAK and your engines could be used in both when 50 pounds are added for a FASTRAK race, .... I'd bet Vicky would drop you like a hot potatoe.  I can see Blackshear being ingrained exclusively with RUSH, but you and other builders may not be so locked in. 

Butt as I already said ugly takes many forms some not obvious to the naked eye.  And if you don't buy into my skivvies totally some ugly vomit is likely to spew on your forehead in the guise of business policy.  :)

... and for that sexually deviant young or old man who dumped on me recently here another definition:  :)

guise

ɡīz/
noun

1. an external form, appearance, or manner of presentation, typically concealing the true nature of something.

hmmm,,,,,i thought u was onto something before,,,y the dirty talk again,,,,we don,t need that filth here

#8 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:38 PM

The only time 50 lbs has to be added in FASTRAK is when an engine has aftermarket parts. This was allowed by NeSmith, they have changed their rules regarding this and are moving back to all stock. With this being the case, all cars should have the same weight in 2019. 

The aforementioned part of the 2018 FASTRAK Rulebook was corrected by a technical bulletin early in the season. All series seals are accepted by FASTRAK, and the only time 50 pounds must be added is when the engine has aftermarket parts. 

#9 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users