• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:16 PM

Wife mailed her ban in from pitts 100 and never got a refund yet. No one ever returns calls or answers phone. anyone have luck yet?

#2 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

At first I thought this post was just someone looking to stir the pot, but I asked someone I know who was there Saturday that couldn't be back Sunday and they have not gotten a refund yet either. It's going on 3 weeks, surely it shouldn't take this long to get your money back?

#3 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:54 PM

Maybe they did not send a self-addressed stamped envelope so they won't get their money back now 😂

#4 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:05 PM

Wife mailed her ban in from pitts 100 and never got a refund yet. No one ever returns calls or answers phone. anyone have luck yet?

U B in her BAN??

#5 3799

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:37 PM

Not to stir the pot either, but why would they give refunds for a race they ran? Yes they had to use a raindate, but they did get the show in. Virtually every track, doesn't give refunds for a rescheduled race that gets run.

#6 old man d

old man d

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:56 PM

My question is did they say if you can not make the rain date you could get a refund?

#7 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:59 PM

My question is did they say if you can not make the rain date you could get a refund?

I was told that they posted the address to mail your band to for a refund but it didn't stay up too long before it was removed.

#8 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 05:52 AM

I know for a fact Lucas Oil said full refunds would be given and information would be available at a later date on how to obtain it if you could not make it on Sunday.

#9 weinerdog

weinerdog

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:01 AM

Ive never heard of any track giving a refund for a race they got in or one they didnt get in for that matter.

#10 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:56 AM

Maybe they did not send a self-addressed stamped envelope so they won't get their money back now

That's an interesting possibility.  Send your band in without a return envelope and there surely not going to spring for the price of the envelope and time to address it.  And it would also mean your totally out because you no longer have a band to send in with a properly addressed and stamped return envelope.  Also sounds like it means every envelope they open with a band in it and no return envelope is at least 20 bucks in their pockets.  Heck, i'd open envelopes all all day long for 20 bucks or more each.  :)

Band sent in no envelope and you just screwed yourself out of the return money.  Maybe you could send in the envelope late and they will take the time to match it up to one in the pile of envelopes that came in without a return envelope..... fat chance on that maybe?  :)

#11 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,899 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:19 AM

Since they made up the show they shouldn't have offered refunds anyhow. Most tracks wouldn't have.

#12 DirtxxxRacing

DirtxxxRacing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:36 AM

That's an interesting possibility.  Send your band in without a return envelope and there surely not going to spring for the price of the envelope and time to address it.  And it would also mean your totally out because you no longer have a band to send in with a properly addressed and stamped return envelope.  Also sounds like it means every envelope they open with a band in it and no return envelope is at least 20 bucks in their pockets.  Heck, i'd open envelopes all all day long for 20 bucks or more each.  :)

Band sent in no envelope and you just screwed yourself out of the return money.  Maybe you could send in the envelope late and they will take the time to match it up to one in the pile of envelopes that came in without a return envelope..... fat chance on that maybe?  :)

You're the kind of person that sits alone in a room and just keeps talking because you like the sound of your own voice, aren't you?

#13 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:14 PM

You're the kind of person that sits alone in a room and just keeps talking because you like the sound of your own voice, aren't you?

It would depend on the acoustics.

#14 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 3,970 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Why would anyone think they would be entitled to a refund?  As mentioned above, there race was run on the rain date.  I doubt Eldora gave refunds for fans who couldn't make it back to the World 100 on the rain date.

#15 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:46 PM

Attached File  ppms.jpg   45.27KB   7 downloads

Well here it is!

#16 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:13 PM

Well if it was posted, then it should be honored. All of you saying there are never refunds, keep in mind this race was supposed to be Saturday, not Sunday. So if you couldn't go Sunday, you still were forced to get a 2 day pass since they do not sell 1 day passes. This all could have been avoided if they would have called it early on Saturday. After Imperial was hammered with over an inch of rain after 2 pm, they had to know they weren't going to be able to race. Another bad move was letting people pay to come in, nobody ever touched the track yet they could buy food and drink then at 6:30 they decide to call it a day. Yes I am aware that the track cannot predict the weather or control certain things. Last week the DTWC was postponed to Sunday. Lucas Oil made the broadcast stream available to all as a goodwill gesture for those who could not come back. I applaud them for that.

#17 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:17 PM

Well if it was posted, then it should be honored. All of you saying there are never refunds, keep in mind this race was supposed to be Saturday, not Sunday. So if you couldn't go Sunday, you still were forced to get a 2 day pass since they do not sell 1 day passes. This all could have been avoided if they would have called it early on Saturday. After Imperial was hammered with over an inch of rain after 2 pm, they had to know they weren't going to be able to race. Another bad move was letting people pay to come in, nobody ever touched the track yet they could buy food and drink then at 6:30 they decide to call it a day. Yes I am aware that the track cannot predict the weather or control certain things. Last week the DTWC was postponed to Sunday. Lucas Oil made the broadcast stream available to all as a goodwill gesture for those who could not come back. I applaud them for that.

Eldora offered everyone who could not come back to send their ticket in and they could watch FREE on their tv program for the Dream. Those 2 tracks get it. Keep your customers happy and they will come back.

#18 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,526 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:11 AM

Well I've heard of some stupid statements but this one takes it. Posting that then taking it down ? Another in a long line of moves made that don't make a bit of sense. Everyone of us has taken that chance of going to a race with a bad weather forecast looming. I have bought tickets only to let them sit on my table because I could not make the rain date. Wonder if I can still get refunded ?

#19 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,899 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:57 PM

Well I've heard of some stupid statements but this one takes it. Posting that then taking it down ? Another in a long line of moves made that don't make a bit of sense. Everyone of us has taken that chance of going to a race with a bad weather forecast looming. I have bought tickets only to let them sit on my table because I could not make the rain date. Wonder if I can still get refunded ?

I stil have 3 rainchecks from Summernationals races in Illinois that I obviously won't get to use, I would never expect to get refunded for those.

#20 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

I stil have 3 rainchecks from Summernationals races in Illinois that I obviously won't get to use, I would never expect to get refunded for those.

If the tracks from Summernationals races in Illinois stated in writing that they would provide you a refund, would you expect to be refunded if you followed their directions to receive said refund?

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users