• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:14 PM

If the tracks from Summernationals races in Illinois stated in writing that they would provide you a refund, would you expect to be refunded if you followed their directions to receive said refund?

No, I have common sense so I wouldn't have sent them back. If you're worried about getting a refund don't buy 2 day passes and don't buy a ticket right after it just rained a couple inches.

#22 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

How does the track know you didn't use your wrist band?

#23 dak55

dak55

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:32 PM

My wife was there on saturday and paid to get in...could not come back sunday...therefore we deserve a refund for an unused wristband, period.

It was never marked with an "X" and was at home all day while I was at the race.

www.dirttalkin.com

#24 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

My wife was there on saturday and paid to get in...could not come back sunday...therefore we deserve a refund for an unused wristband, period.
It was never marked with an "X" and was at home all day while I was at the race.

She doesn't "deserve" anything. Period. You don't buy a ticket if it's going to rain and you can't attend the makeup.

#25 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:03 PM

No, I have common sense so I wouldn't have sent them back. If you're worried about getting a refund don't buy 2 day passes and don't buy a ticket right after it just rained a couple inches.

Someone tells you that if you spend 50 cents and put out 30 seconds worth of effort they'll mail you a $20 bill, and you refuse?  Yeah, you ooze common sense.

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#26 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:46 PM

Maybe Gearheads parents give him money so he isn't worried about getting a refund like the rest of us hard-working Americans are. If someone is offering a refund for a service or product that I did not receive You Can Count On Me following their directions in order to obtain a refund. Not all of us were raised with a silver spoon in her mouth I guess.

#27 racefan62

racefan62

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:59 PM

I have no fight in this. I'm just passing a post, from the PPMS website:

Rain Check Policy

If heat races are not completed, your ticket stub will be honored at face value for the remainder of the season. No cash refunds. If all heat races are completed, no rain checks will be issued. Any remaining feature events will be rescheduled for future dates.

Miley Motor Sports has received inquiries about refunds for the 2018 Pittsburgher 100 being postponed until Sunday October 7. Although the event was completed, here is our rain check policy for all 30 seasons, which has been posted on our website for many years.

Rain Check Policy – Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway

If heat races are not completed, your ticket stub will be honored at face value for the remainder of the season. No cash refunds. If all heat races are completed, no rain checks will be issued. Any remaining feature events will be rescheduled for future dates.

We sincerely apologize if our written policy was misstated amidst many things going on around us not under our control. THE EVENT HAS TO RAIN OUT TO HAVE RAIN CHECKS. Our focus was to get the 2018 Pittsburgher 100 in the books, which occurred, despite some extremely difficult circumstances. In essence, there are no rain checks, the event was completed.

Despite having a no refund policy, Miley Motor Sports will give each valid unused Saturday 2018 Pittsburgher 100 GRANDSTAND wrist band a credit of $15 toward a 2019 regular Saturday night event at Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway. We are very sorry for the inconvenience Mother Nature created. 

Simply mail your valid unused Saturday October 6 Pittsburgher 100 GRANDSTAND wrist band (legible band number) to us with your name and you will be on a 2019 list at the main gate for the $15 credit.

Edited by racefan62, 26 October 2018 - 10:59 PM.

#28 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:32 PM

Maybe Gearheads parents give him money so he isn't worried about getting a refund like the rest of us hard-working Americans are. If someone is offering a refund for a service or product that I did not receive You Can Count On Me following their directions in order to obtain a refund. Not all of us were raised with a silver spoon in her mouth I guess.

You're high. If the track had a make-up date that I couldn't attend then it's my fault, not the track's fault. I also wouldn't be dumb enough to buy a ticket to a race during a driving rainstorm then expect a refund. I hold myself responsible for my decisions. I also personally don't see anything wrong with contributing to great racetracks that invest in their facilities, but to each their own.

Edited by GEARHEAD, 27 October 2018 - 02:11 PM.

#29 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 01:29 PM

Gearhead did I really just hear say You Don't Mind Investing in great race tracks that invest in their facilities??? You can't be talking about the legendary PMS?

Edited by Sparkler, 27 October 2018 - 01:33 PM.

#30 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:10 PM

Gearhead did I really just hear say You Don't Mind Investing in great race tracks that invest in their facilities??? You can't be talking about the legendary PMS?

I was obviously referring to the Illinois tracks that I still have rainchecks from. Lol They are all pretty incredible.

Edited by GEARHEAD, 27 October 2018 - 02:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users