24 replies to this topic

#1 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:26 PM

October 4th, 2019 per Facebook.
The First Annual Great Lakes 50

Edited by D1RT, 29 October 2018 - 02:28 PM.

#2 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:02 PM

Just got a Lucas 2019 schedule today and the Raceway 7 date is listed. Therefore there will be three Lucas races in the area next year, Sharon, Pittsburgh and Raceway 7.

GOOD RACING!!!

Walt

#3 racefan62

racefan62

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

I caught my mistake after posting.

Edited by racefan62, 29 October 2018 - 06:39 PM.

#4 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:53 PM

Funny Pittsburgher is one day now :) Karma?

#5 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:10 PM

Still will be a two day show, but Lucas portion will only be Saturday.

#6 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:15 PM

Still will be a two day show, but Lucas portion will only be Saturday.

Do you actually think people will go there with no late models on Friday? Real fans will be at Raceway 7 Friday for the lucas showing. I bet some even skip it this year after the rain check fiasco. 

#7 JSTLateModelFan

JSTLateModelFan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:14 PM

Do you actually think people will go there with no late models on Friday? Real fans will be at Raceway 7 Friday for the lucas showing. I bet some even skip it this year after the rain check fiasco. 

Not sure what they'll run on Friday, but the Saturday show should draw a bigger field with Raceway 7 running a 12k show the night before..

#8 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

29 cars was pathetic for a 20,000 to Win race. A lot of guys don't like the big tracks and don't have fresh equipment to turn 100 laps at a half-mile track is what I was always told from guys like Carpenters.

#9 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,899 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:15 AM

29 cars was pathetic for a 20,000 to Win race. A lot of guys don't like the big tracks and don't have fresh equipment to turn 100 laps at a half-mile track is what I was always told from guys like Carpenters.

That doesn't stop them from going to Eldora, which is just as hard on motors.

#10 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:00 AM

That doesn't stop them from going to Eldora, which is just as hard on motors.

Gearhead, are you high on glue. Your actually comparing Eldora (one of the greatest tracks of all time) to ppms where your lucky if you don’t fall through the bleachers?

#11 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,011 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

Your comparing Eldora one of the greatest tracks to Ppms Bleachers ?? Whos on crack ??
Ppms has week in and week out one of the best racing surfaces ever anywhere !
They have this new thing called GEARS! You change those when you leave Sharon and you put Smaller ones of those Gears and you turn the same rpms on a 5/8 mile track as a 3/8 mike track
You better call the carpenters and let them know !
I have heard the big track is hard on Motors but dont believe that anymore because Racing ISHard in motors at every track !
Ppms press says Pro stock Friday night and Rush pro stock Saturday night so there will be more clarification to come by year end 2018

#12 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,099 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:14 PM

The weather played a huge role in keeping cars away from the Pittsburgher.
Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#13 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:45 PM

Ive heard the motor argument about PPMS for many years. Im going to speak only about a slick P100 feature surface and not a hammer down heat race.

To me, theres just as much stress on a motor on a short track due to the momentum and relatively stable speed you carry from the middle off at Pittsburgh. Youre usually geared down to not break the tires loose.

On a short track youre going to be geared up for acceleration off the corners and experience more of an RPM drop and then another acceleration going through the corners. You also tend to have more restarts on short tracks and have to beat on the motor more there too.

I definitely twisted the motor more at Roaring Knob or Lernerville my limited trips there (and changed the MSD chip) compared to an average night at PPMS because you twist the motor harder (albeit for a shorter period of time).

Not an engine builder by any means but just my two cents racing there most of my career.

#14 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,899 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:47 PM

Gearhead, are you high on glue. Your actually comparing Eldora (one of the greatest tracks of all time) to ppms where your lucky if you dont fall through the bleachers?

Apparently you're high on glue because that's not even close to my point. The statement was made that guys like the Carpenters don't run PPMS because the track is too big, which is obviously not the case because they go to Eldora. There's absolutely no comparing going on there except for the fact that the tracks are both big. Bleachers were never part of the conversation.

Edited by GEARHEAD, 30 October 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#15 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 3,970 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:11 PM

Gearhead, are you high on glue. Your actually comparing Eldora (one of the greatest tracks of all time) to ppms where your lucky if you don’t fall through the bleachers?

You did miss Gearhead's point, however, while the facility at Pittsburgh in no way compares to Eldora, the racing and racing surface at Pittsburgh compares favorably to Eldora or any other track you can name.  I've seen some real snoozers at Eldora over the years (especially near the end of the Baltes era).

#16 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,099 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:37 PM

Tyler Carpenter ran the Pittsburgher like 5 or 6 years ago and was awful. I tend to think that plays into them not coming.
Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#17 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:37 PM

Tyler Carpenter ran the Pittsburgher like 5 or 6 years ago and was awful. I tend to think that plays into them not coming.

It's funny how that works

#18 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

I asked Freddie last year at Tyler County if he was planning on coming to the pittsburgher. His exact words were that track is very hard on Motors and Equipment. When you wreck there you're bending a chassis up big time.

I believe the last time the Carpenters were at PMS the kid put it into turn three and four wall and bent the car up if I'm not mistaken.

#19 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,530 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:15 PM

I bet you wind a motor just as hard at ppms as you do at eldora. I would also say with the speeds at each venue you don't want to meet the concrete of eldora or the steel at ppms.

#20 old man d

old man d

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:29 PM

And you don"t want to hit those big tires at PPMS either. Seen some pretty messed up equipment and some drivers getting hurt after hitting those tires.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users