Photo

Dog Hollow Speedway to host the Renegades of Dirt Modified Touring Series in 2019!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dog Hollow

Dog Hollow

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

To the awesome racing community of Dog Hollow Speedway and to all the great race fans who attend racing events throughout Central and Western Pennsylvania. You have asked for it over the last few years and we are pleased to announce that for the first time in the history of DHS, one of the premiere modified touring series in the United States will invade Dog Hollow Speedway on Saturday May 18th! The Renegades of Dirt Modified Touring Series! This series has produced some unbelievable drivers over the years such as Dirt Late Model Hall of Famer driver Rick Aukland, Kyle Strickler, New York’s Rick Michael Jr. with over 300 career victories and 7 track championships. These are just a few of the drivers that compete in this series. Also, some of our local talent will be competing in this awesome race! Local drivers include Drake ‘The Kid’ Troutman, Michael Altobelli, Alyssa Rowe and our own Dog Hollow Speedway Pure Stock class champion Amber Mills! We are very thrilled to be hosting this spectacular event and this is one event we highly recommend marking on your calendar! Sunday May 19th has been reserved for the Rain Date. To see the Renegades of Dirt Modified Touring Series in action, click on the following YouTube link to watch some footage at Tyler County Speedway from July of 2017: https://www.youtube....h?v=Cycy1bb00WQ. For more information pertaining to the Renegades of Dirt Modified Touring Series, visit their website http://renegadesofdirt.com/.

Renegades_Of_Dirt_Logo_2019.png

#2 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Maybe a Lucas Oil or World of Outlaws show is next on the schedule as the fans would like to see at your facility?

#3 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,566 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

Ya. The parking should be something everyone has a opportunity to experience.

#4 old man d

old man d

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:27 PM

jo73 Have you ever been to Dog Hollow. Im just asking.

#5 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,108 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:05 PM

Maybe a Lucas Oil or World of Outlaws show is next on the schedule as the fans would like to see at your facility?

They did have the WoO there a number of years ago. I dont remember the crowd being all that great.
Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#6 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,566 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:37 AM

jo73 Have you ever been to Dog Hollow. Im just asking.

Yes I have, the racing was good, dusty but that can be expected anywhere. I got out to my truck and the parking lot looked like a free for all. I couldn't get out and had to wait for cars to pull out of spaces so I could wind my way thru. Yes it was my first trip up there. Another car in the same situation mentioned it happens up there. My comment comes from if they draw a good crowd for a lucas or WoO show it could be a parking mess.

#7 old man d

old man d

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

jo73 glade the racing was good, I just hope they correct the parking problem. I have seen this problem at other tracks in the past so I see your concern.

#8 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:04 AM

They did have the WoO there a number of years ago. I dont remember the crowd being all that great.

It's been awhile but I seem to remember just the opposite on the crowd size.

#9 modracer30

modracer30

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

The only bad part about renegade series is they run a different tire rule then any other track around here. Locals will be forced to buy tires if they wanna compete.

#10 Dog Hollow

Dog Hollow

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:48 PM

To all the RaceStud Fans who have responded to our recent post. This is to inform two of the statements pertaining to the parking lot situation. We have heard your concerns which are justifiable and will be corrected for the 2019 season. In response to BaconBits, the attendance at the World of Outlaws show that took place in 2011 was close to 2,500 fans which at that time was pretty good for Dog Hollow. In response to modracer30, just want to inform that the Renegades will be racing on Friday May 17th at Bedford Speedway the day before the race at Dog Hollow. With two races running back to back, any additional cost for tires will hopefully be a little easier to justify. I would suggest looking at the Renegades 2019 tire rules as it allows both Hoosier and American Racer brand tires.

#11 old man d

old man d

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Thanks for coming on here and telling us you hear the concerns of your race fans and racers and getting things fixed. Hope to make it to your track this year.

#12 racefan62

racefan62

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:15 PM

From the Renegade facebook page:

The Renegades of Dirt Modified Tour is also proud to announce that it will run under the UMP DirtCar banner for the 2019 season. The tour will adopt the UMP DirtCar rulebook which will allow all events to be weekly point nights for the national UMP sanction in addition to points for the Renegades of Dirt championship standings. The current UMP tire rule states that drivers must run the UMP M30s or M60 tires with no grooving of the tire. Siping is permitted. The tire rule aids in containing driver tire costs, equalizing the playing field and unifying the regions tracks within not only the East but the Midwest. For UMP DirtCar rules visit: http://www.dirtcarum...modified-rules/.

Edited by racefan62, 06 January 2019 - 11:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users