• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:38 AM

The Ultimate Northeast Super Late Model Series will open up their 2019 season on March 23rd at the Hagerstown Speedway in Hagerstown, Md.  The event will pay $3,000-to-win, and $400-to-start.  

Last season in the inaugural season for Ultimate Northeast, Trever Feathers of Winchester, Va., picked up the victory in the season opener at Hagerstown over Matt Cosner, Kenny Moreland, Mason Zeigler and Jason Covert in an event that drew 31 cars to the famous 1/2 mile oval.

The winner of the event, or the highest finishing driver who does not qualify for the Lucas Oil-sanctioned Stanley Schetrompf Memorial on April 13 at Hagerstown will be a guaranteed starter for the event making the Ultimate Northeast season opener all that more special.

Pure Stocks and U-Cars will join the Ultimate Northeast Super Late Model Series for this event.  General Admission is $16, Student/Senior/Military admission is $12, and pit admission is $30.  The event is slated to begin at 6PM.

#2 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,115 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:26 PM

What are U-Cars?????   Another new class???  Don't we have enough already??

GOOD RACING TO ALL

Walt

#3 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

I did a web search on ucars for you Walt:   https://bleacherrepo...-what-are-ucars

#4 WRT Web Designs

WRT Web Designs

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:16 PM

Ucars (FWD 4 cylinders) are nothing new in our area... but they have only been an occasional visitor to Hagerstown over the years... They problem... as is often the case... is there are 3-4 different sets of rules that are not overly competitive with each other... and Hagerstown often runs "home track rules" so as not to alienate anyone and get as much back gate as possible... so those from the tracks with the most outrageous rules clean everyone else's clocks...

#5 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:54 PM

4 bangers are the new entry level class. You/they don't have to do much to be competitive. As I have said many times, promotors are the worst enemy to themselves. As WRT mentioned, home track rules, is all about back gate dollars.

During speedweeks they used to have promotors workshops? I would like to know how they are attended today compared to 20 yrs ago ? It would not surprise me if they don't have them any longer.

#6 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 3,980 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:09 PM

The U-Cars have been running for years at Winchester (VA) Speedway, and of course, they also run  a modified 4-Cylinder division down there which are much faster than the U-Cars.  I guess you could describe a U-Car as a Pure Stock 4-Cylinder.

Edited by flash49, 14 March 2019 - 07:09 PM.

#7 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,115 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:47 PM

Just another Mini-stock class from the sounds of it!!

Walt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users