Great Lakes Crate Series 2020

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MichiganYOOPER

MichiganYOOPER

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Racing the 11S UMP Factory Stock at Winston Motor Speedway and Thunderbird Raceway with my younger brother Michael....

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:19 AM

New crate series formed with a trial run for some events in 2019 and a full season in 2020.

2020 payout per regular event...please note we have some events (season championship...mid season championship, and ???? we are working with several people to increase pay, points fund and some special events!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1st 800.00
2nd 400.00
3rd 250.00
4th 200.00
5th 190.00
6th 170.00
7th 150.00
8th 130.00
9th 120.00
10th 110.00
11th and back 100.00

Rules follow UMP pro late models, gm602 engines($3934.00 + tax), spec carb, spec fuel all must be bought through the series...

I talked to these guys and they seem pretty set in their ways..lots of tracks on board so far per their Facebook page...only thing is, how are they supposed to get cars in those areas that already have crate classes or have no cars at all with that rules package?? IMCA sealed, Fastrak, Rush, Durance lane, SECA or existing UMP pro crate seals are not legal per their rules. Engines are bought straight from their supplier and have factory seals that's it..and they say they last forever between rebuilds and they are cheap enough to toss out and buy another..

#2 blue by you

blue by you

Race Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

this is a 602 crate late series.?  where are they runing thoses.

#3 MichiganYOOPER

MichiganYOOPER

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Racing the 11S UMP Factory Stock at Winston Motor Speedway and Thunderbird Raceway with my younger brother Michael....

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:16 PM

Oak shade Ohio
Gas City I69 Ind.
Butler Mi.
Hartford Mi.
I-96 Mi.
Thunderbird Mi.
Shady Hill Ind.

This is all per their website..it is a strictly 602 series.

#4 MichiganYOOPER

MichiganYOOPER

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:17 PM

Www.greatlakescrateseries.com

#5 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

Miss vicky aint gonna approve!!!!!

#6 3 link

3 link

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:33 PM

here's a novel idea.....lets have crate engine car classes be legal at any track with anyone's seal listed above and run them all together... if it's sealed it's good .....

In the words of all these crate series promoters "it's good for racing".......

#7 DirtxxxRacing

DirtxxxRacing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:05 AM

here's a novel idea.....lets have crate engine car classes be legal at any track with anyone's seal listed above and run them all together... if it's sealed it's good .....

In the words of all these crate series promoters "it's good for racing".......

I have a feeling that may happen soon.  I believe Fastrak is changing their rules and parts in the engines are no longer going to be allowed to be aftermarket anymore after this year.  That would mean the 3 main crate series on the east coast would all have the same rules as far as engines go, so you'd think Fastrak, Rush, and SECA would all be allowed to run with each other engine wise.

#8 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

Dirtxxx, I hope your right, that would open it up some. But, as you know some of them have BIG EGOS that might stand in the way! They all need to be on the same page with the rules.

#9 DirtxxxRacing

DirtxxxRacing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

Dirtxxx, I hope your right, that would open it up some. But, as you know some of them have BIG EGOS that might stand in the way! They all need to be on the same page with the rules.

So far it seems to only be one person with a big ego.  Since the other 2 allow the others motors to run with them.  Only one seems to be saying ours only.  Be nice to see more races that allow both tire compounds around here.  I know Charlotte at the end of the year allows any of the tires, but not many run the Rush tires down there, so it'd be interesting to kinda see more mix of both tires to see how much difference there is in them.

#10 blue by you

blue by you

Race Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:30 AM

So far it seems to only be one person with a big ego.  Since the other 2 allow the others motors to run with them.  Only one seems to be saying ours only.  Be nice to see more races that allow both tire compounds around here.  I know Charlotte at the end of the year allows any of the tires, but not many run the Rush tires down there, so it'd be interesting to kinda see more mix of both tires to see how much difference there is in them.

why do they have to control the tires anyway.ain't they making enough on everything else......run what you brung. jmo

#11 DirtxxxRacing

DirtxxxRacing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:02 PM

why do they have to control the tires anyway.ain't they making enough on everything else......run what you brung. jmo

Who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users