• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:29 AM

The brand new FASTRAK Modified class is off to a strong start at Mercer Raceway in Mercer, PA. The new class features Northeast-style modifieds with a 602 engine. So far, the class has averaged 18 entries per race.

“The support so far has been tremendous,” said Edward Michaels, owner of Mercer Raceway, “We’ve had 18 FASTRAK modifieds at our show and it’s off to a great start.”

Shayne Izzo, of New Wilmington, PA, currently leads the points in the FASTRAK Modifieds at Mercer Raceway. Brian Schaffer is in second. Jerry Schagger, Erik Martin, and Steve Slater round out the current top five. Steve Slater and Garrett Krummert have both visited victory lane FASTRAK Modifieds at Mercer Raceway so far in 2019.

“It’s exciting to see this brand-new class taking off at Mercer,” said FASTRAK Vice President DJ Irvine, “We hope to continue to build this class not only at Mercer but in the surrounding area.”

Feature Results – May 11th – Mercer Raceway – FASTRAK Modifieds
1)  Steve Slater; 2) Erik Martin; 3) Jerry Schaffer; 4) Dave Murdick; 5) Shayne Izzo; 6) Michael Kristyak; 7) Jim Brice; 8) Jason Huffnagle; 9) Chad Gumpp; 10) Brian Sadler; 11) Josh Hinchberger; 12) Todd Gabriel; 13) Justin Halicki; 14) Todd Urey; DNS) Gage Priester

Feature Results – May 18th – Mercer Raceway – FASTRAK Modifieds
1) Garrett Krummert; 2) Brandon Ritchey; 3) Brian Schaffer; 4) Jerry Schaffer; 5) Shayne Izzo; 6) Brian Sadler; 7) Jason Huffnagle; 8) Dillon Barr; 9) Josh Hinchberger; 10) Clayton Deems; 11) Tom Urey; 12) Gage Priester; 13) Justin Halicki; 14) Erik Martin; 15) Lucas Degloat; 16) Steve Slater; 17) Jim Bryce; 18) Michael Kristyak

Check out the official website for the FASTRAK Racing Series at www.fastrakracing.com and continue to follow our social media networks for the FASTRAK Racing Series. Like and Follow our Fan Page on Facebook plus follow @FASTRAK_SE on Twitter to get up to the minute news and details as they become available. FASTRAK can be found on Instagram @fastrak_racing.

The 2019 marketing partners for the FASTRAK Racing Series are Chevrolet Performance, Hoosier Racing Tire, AFCO “The official shock of the FASTRAK Racing Series”,  VP Racing Fuels “The official fuel of FASTRAK”, VP Racing Lubricants “The official lubricant of FASTRAK”, Speed51.com “The official video home of FASTRAK”, TNT Race Cars, Arizona Sport Shirts, Simpson Performance Products, 
Rockauto.com, and Thomas Clarke Performance.

#2 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:03 PM

WHAT!!! no rush at mercer speedway.....can't belive it. went with fasttrak....wow!!! :o

#3 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:58 PM

How could Mercer run RUSH Modifieds on Saturday nights with Vickie's strong ties to Sharon??   Edward Michaels and Stan Lester made a good move here!!   Just hope that there are enough crate engine Modifieds for both to get decent fields!!!

GOOD RACING!!

Walt

#4 longtimeracefan101

longtimeracefan101

Race Fan

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:25 PM

How could Mercer run RUSH Modifieds on Saturday nights with Vickie's strong ties to Sharon??   Edward Michaels and Stan Lester made a good move here!!   Just hope that there are enough crate engine Modifieds for both to get decent fields!!!

GOOD RACING!!

Walt

Walt you need to pay attention to results a few weeks back there were almost 50 between the two tracks !!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:50 AM

longtime......You didn't read exactly what I said!!   I merely commented that "I hope there are enough crate engine Modifieds for both to get decent fields."  I didn't say they would or wouldn't!!  As for "paying attention", on May 11 Sharon had 32 cars and Mercer 15 and on May 18 Sharon had 22 and Mercer 18.  That's totals of 40 and 47, not quite "almost 50" in my book for the 18th  And on the 11th Sharon had an extra payoff race that was rained out last Fall!!  Maybe you should learn to count!!!  And remember, two races a season does not make, so I still "hope" both tracks get decent fields.  I also "hope" local tracks get enough Late Models weekly even though I know it isn't going to happen!!  

GOOD RACING!!!

Walt 

#6 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,661 posts
  • Interests:hunting,fishing,racing

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:10 PM

to many lm tracks......period

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users