Photo

What's the super late car count today at PPMS?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Don88

Don88

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Riding Motorcycles.

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:38 PM

Hey ds2, didja catch the score of the Steeler game??? LOL How about them browns???

Shoulda gone to the race!!

#22 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:01 PM

yep ended up watching both games

watched the browns mostly.  it sure was a fun game to watch

ain't sure I'm well enough yet.  Would have been there last night was almost there when the rainout message came in, but today ain't so easy

Edited by dirtstudent2, 07 October 2018 - 04:04 PM.

#23 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:29 PM

yep ended up watching both games

watched the browns mostly.  it sure was a fun game to watch

ain't sure I'm well enough yet.  Would have been there last night was almost there when the rainout message came in, but today ain't so easy

Be happy you didn't spend the $50! Been watching on Facebook and it is B&O train racing at its best.

#24 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

The track was incredible. One of the best Pittsburghers ever. What a race! Race of the year candidate?

#25 Vigoda Motorsports

Vigoda Motorsports

Race Fan

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Young movie starlets, acting in big budget Hollywood films, and Western Pennsylvania dirt track racing

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:02 PM

Where was Miley today?

Who wants an autograph?

#26 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:03 PM

Be happy you didn't spend the $50! Been watching on Facebook and it is B&O train racing at its best.

The track was incredible. One of the best Pittsburghers ever. What a race! Race of the year candidate?

Thanks for the reports. I figured it would be fast after the rain but from the b and o report top and bottom probably didn't both become usable 

#27 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:04 PM

Where was Miley today?

Church and Church doings, it is Sunday ya know.  :)

#28 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the reports. I figured it would be fast after the rain but from the b and o report top and bottom probably didn't both become usable 

They were running all over the place. Far from a freight train, I don't know what that dude was smoking. That's the most passing I've seen all year.

#29 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

The winner pitted to change tires and won from the tail. How is that a train race? One of the top 5 Pittsburghers ever? Id say so.

The Mileys had a family emergency this weekend. Thats why Jared left. Major appreciation for the family even getting the race in given the circumstances and limited staff on a Sunday. Prayers for the Mileys.

#30 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:06 PM

Racer17 l., that is the most Vehicles I've ever seen on the track trying to get the top side run in with all that water still pouring out. They even made the tow trucks in other vehicles go out and help. Who do they think they are Eldora LOL.

#31 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:23 PM

Haha that is true!! Smokey was even driving a run in vehicle to help! That water was what made Lucas cancel last night and 20 hours later it was still coming across the track. It was crazy. They also sheeps footed it for 3 hours last night. Track really came along as the night went too. Kudos to all.

#32 Hans Solo

Hans Solo

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:10 PM

statements like this are why you can't  have a lot of faith in message boards!!   Marler,  Pierce Mcready, Lanigan Norris,  and almost everyone else raced thru the field the whole 100 laps!!  I don't know what race this guy was watching.  track was a little dusty but super race top to bottom.  people just get stuck on this $50 dollar two day show thing.  And in the POPS race, Schneider came from the tail to second in the third excellent feature of the day.  No problem paying $50 for a weekend of racing like this.  

#33 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:24 AM

You can't be so superior to come from the tail to top 3 unless your racing against inferior.  Doing so speaks more toward the inferiority of your competition on a given race night then anything else.   A stellar field of cars and drivers might mean all but one or two missed the setup or used up their tires.  Didn't I read on here somewhere that the winner came from the back after pitting to change tires?  If that's the case you did not watch a fantastic race with a lot of passing you watched the obvious through biased eyes.

Edited by dirtstudent2, 08 October 2018 - 08:27 AM.

#34 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:42 AM

statements like this are why you can't  have a lot of faith in message boards!!   Marler,  Pierce Mcready, Lanigan Norris,  and almost everyone else raced thru the field the whole 100 laps!!  I don't know what race this guy was watching.  track was a little dusty but super race top to bottom.  people just get stuck on this $50 dollar two day show thing.  And in the POPS race, Schneider came from the tail to second in the third excellent feature of the day.  No problem paying $50 for a weekend of racing like this.  

...and that's why I read on. Always someone with an agenda, and sometimes it's me, but then others give more accurate reports. Sounds like a great effort put in by the staff, and great racing as a result. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#35 Vigoda Motorsports

Vigoda Motorsports

Race Fan

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Young movie starlets, acting in big budget Hollywood films, and Western Pennsylvania dirt track racing

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:35 AM

You can't be so superior to come from the tail to top 3 unless your racing against inferior.  Doing so speaks more toward the inferiority of your competition on a given race night then anything else.   A stellar field of cars and drivers might mean all but one or two missed the setup or used up their tires.  Didn't I read on here somewhere that the winner came from the back after pitting to change tires?  If that's the case you did not watch a fantastic race with a lot of passing you watched the obvious through biased eyes.

It was a 100 lap race. Not one car didnt use up their tires. Owens didnt change his tires but parked his car for the podium interview with a flat. In every big late model race you watch anymore with the Lucas or Outlaw series over 50 laps, you will see the drivers pit and change tires during the race.

Who wants an autograph?

#36 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:01 AM

Yep, Pierce was the only good car there. The rest was junk.

#37 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:03 AM

You arent intelligent enough to have the opinions you have.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#38 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

It was a 100 lap race. 

Thinking back about the dirt bigblock 100 lap race at Sharon.  I didn't know when I went how long the race would be.  Almost left before it was over because I got tired of watching it.  I'm glad I didn't go because I'd have gotten tired of watching.  100 laps of anything is too much.  I guess I have to take that back I went to Le Mans in France and didn't think it was too long.  Short track racing even 40 laps is stretching it to the limit. 

Thanks I'd have never thought they would plan on changing tires during a dirt oval race. How can they do it without going at least 2 laps down?  Would they change tires early or does maybe only the top 10 or so do it after putting the rest of the field 4 or 5 laps down?

#39 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:16 AM

You aren't intelligent enough to have the opinions you have.

Must be pin point accurate dumb founded luck then.  :)

ps... hope you don't mind I correctd the spelling error in your post.   :)

#40 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,314 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

No, it was a fantastic race any way you look at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users