first week

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 denoffsinger

denoffsinger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

Whats everyones thoughts on the first week at Waynesfield?

Derrick Noffsinger

#2 1 Fast 83

1 Fast 83

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

I didn't go, but my dad was there. He said there was a lot of cars.....which he liked He also said it was dusty.......which he didn't like, he even left early because of the dust. Forgot to say.............I would have been there too, but I didn't know dad was going to Waynesfield.....I went to Shadybowl instead. [This message has been edited by 1 Fast 83 (edited 05-09-2005).]

#3 OGRE

OGRE

• Members
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:Anything that goes fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:01 AM

I didn't think it was too dusty, but I was in my truck when the sprints were running so maybe I didn't get a good perspective. Hey denoffsinger, are you the driver of the 81 truck? If so, good run man!

Danny Kelly

#4 denoffsinger

denoffsinger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:36 AM

Yes I do drive the 81 truck. Not too bad for the first night out. Making a couple of more changes this week. We busted two shocks on the right front because of the rough track and not having a stiff enough spring. Will see what happens this coming weekend.

Derrick Noffsinger

#5 OGRE

OGRE

• Members
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:55 AM

Yea, you'll have to do something then, because that track wasn't that rough. There was one hole in four but other than that pretty smooth. Where did you finish......top three.......correct. I had to start on the tail due to not running in the heat race, but we ended up ok I guess. We'll see what happens the next time we race, hopefully a better starting place in the A. Good luck the rest of the year to you and keep up the good work.

Originally posted by denoffsinger:
Yes I do drive the 81 truck.  Not too bad for the first night out.  Making a couple of more changes this week.  We busted two shocks on the right front because of the rough track and not having a stiff enough spring.  Will see what happens this coming weekend.

Danny Kelly

#6 denoffsinger

denoffsinger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

do you drive the blue s-10? Seen you couldnt get it fired up when we were staging if that is your truck. Where did you end up in the feature?

Derrick Noffsinger

#7 OGRE

OGRE

• Members
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:33 AM

Well it's red with blue streaks down the side and #31, but yea we didn't make to the heat due to fuel delivery problems. I started on the tail and ended up 4th....just ran out of laps because I was still coming. I hope we have some of the smaller things worked out now. Where did you end up and where did you start? I know the pole sitter won. Stop down and talk sometime, we're pretty easy to get along with.

Originally posted by denoffsinger:
do you drive the blue s-10?  Seen you couldnt get it fired up when we were staging if that is your truck.  Where did you end up in the feature?

Danny Kelly

#8 denoffsinger

denoffsinger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

I started 3rd and ended up third. I took second from the start but couldnt get through 3 and 4 due to my spring on the right front. I will stop down this weekend if we get to race.

Derrick Noffsinger

#9 injunear

injunear

Early, Tenured Member

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:FAST race cars.... ummm,, errrr, really FAST 4 cylinder trucks!;

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:28 PM

Great turnout last saturday. I'm impressed with the # of competitive trucks! Be prepared. We will be next Saturday. Let it rain!

The WildWon

#10 Highside

Highside

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:58 PM

I just looked at waynesfield results. I thought they docked Frankie a couple spots for a jump start in the MODS. Guess they DQd him. I guess he did jump but when they start racing on the back stretch. When the guy in front of you is sleeping. I dont know of any driver that is going to follow and let the leaders get a half lap on them. Need to make the rule when the leader crosses the line you can pass. Cause Frankie did jump twice both times the guy in front of him was sleeping at the start.Or make on restarts you can only start comming off turn 4.Only thing I can say if the guy in front of me aint going to go im going to jump every time.

#11 1 Fast 83

1 Fast 83

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:27 AM

Originally posted by Highside:
I just looked at waynesfield results. I thought they docked Frankie a couple spots for a jump start in the MODS. Guess they DQd him. I guess he did jump but when they start racing on the back stretch. When the guy in front of you is sleeping. I dont know of any driver that is going to follow and let the leaders get a half lap on them.
 Need to make the rule when the leader crosses the line you can pass. Cause Frankie did jump twice both times the guy in front of him was sleeping at the start.Or make on restarts you can only start comming off turn 4.Only thing I can say if the guy in front of me aint going to go im going to jump every time.

It is frustrating when the guy in front of you is sleeping..........but at all the tracks I have been to, you are not allowed to PASS until you have crossed 'the line', or passed 'the cone'.

#12 Highside

Highside

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:03 AM

Originally posted by 1 Fast 83:
It is frustrating when the guy in front of you is sleeping..........but at all the tracks I have been to, you are not allowed to PASS until you have crossed 'the line', or passed 'the cone'.

thats for sure but I have never seen a track just let you race then after its over say you was DQd they do have a black flag out there dont they
First off Frankie jumped twice. I wont deny that. It was obvious as heck. All Im saying they need to take care of the problem rite away. You can bet If Frankie would have passed those 2 cars in front of him victory lane wouldnt have been a pretty sight.Most tracks throw the yellow warn you or dock you spots. Twice and your gone or tail. It doesnt matter I dont think Hooker will race there again. Thats a shame cause I like the place.

#13 skinnykenny

skinnykenny

• Members
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:49 AM

Official word is this: Frankie was penalized but he was NOT disqualified! Official point standings show him only 20 points out of 1st place. He will still definately be a contender for the points championship this year at Waynesfield Motorsports Park if the team chooses to race. As a racefan....I hope to see him there every week!

Your Friendy Photographer!! Multi Time Champion of Limaland "Pick Em Fantasy League"

#14 denoffsinger

denoffsinger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:41 PM

Are they going to post pics? They have pics of the karts but none from the 1/4 mile track.

Derrick Noffsinger

#15 skinnykenny

skinnykenny

• Members
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:34 AM

I am still waiting to gain control of the Waynesfield Motorsports Park website. As soon as they turn it over to me...I will be updating the website on a regular basis. I hope to add some photos to the website as I become familiar with it. Thanx for your question!!

Your Friendy Photographer!! Multi Time Champion of Limaland "Pick Em Fantasy League"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users