• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kk19

kk19

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

are they letting cars with big tires and 406 run their now? would like to bring my lernerville car down there

#2 Fastbydesign

Fastbydesign

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

7-21 2012 results showed Jamie Kohan, Jim Saylor, Billy McClellan, and Bill Pluta. All Big tire semi lates from TVR/Bedford. All shown as receiving 0 points.

#3 ToddW45

ToddW45

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

No I'm pretty sure they are still on the 8 inch tires.. maybe some day they will get with the times...
Weldon Racing

#4 zero hero

zero hero

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

They let them race with the big tires but no points given to them. But they still got paid for there positions. Don't understand why they would screw the guys that race there by the rules every week .

#5 Fastbydesign

Fastbydesign

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

So Bedford, Rock, and TVR street stocks/ semi lates are legal there now?

#6 superdirt

superdirt

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Last Saturday they let them run with the regular RK street stocks. They got no points. They got paid for where they finished. For example, 96 finished 3rd and got paid for 3rd. However, the RK cars got paid their regular payoff as if those cars weren't on the track. The RK car that finished 4th also got paid for 3rd and all the RK cars behind 96 got paid for a position ahead of where they finished, etc. That's how they handled it last Saturday. Don't know if it was just ok for that night. The TVR cars could easily be evened out with the RK cars with a spoiler or weight difference IMO and they could run together.

Edited by superdirt, 23 July 2012 - 02:48 PM.

Doug Ferrell

#7 6tixride

6tixride

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

I would love RK to be our second option. We only live an hour away, but never thought we could race there because of the tire rule. We were wanting to go there Saturday too because PPMS cancelled. I had no clue that we could of raced with you guys with big tires. Was this a one time thing? How did the other regulars feel about the invaders coming to play with you guys with big tires? And do you ever think that they will open up the tire rule in the future? I know we always liked racing & spectating at the knob!

#8 fastmatt44

fastmatt44

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:RACING and Building race winning Street stocks & Pro stocks.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

The four cars that had big tires also had to run their 358's with a two barrel. All of the big tire cars had to start last no matter where the qualified. If you plan on going down their i would call, and make sure they will let you run.

#9 1k sportsman

1k sportsman

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Sure would be nice to see all these tracks carry the same rules for us street stock racers.

#10 fastmatt44

fastmatt44

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:RACING and Building race winning Street stocks & Pro stocks.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

It would be nice. But most tracks don't want the same rules because their afraid they will lose cars if the outsiders come in woop em... who races for points anymore we race to win... "WE REALLY NEED UNIFIED RULES SO WE CAN TRAVEL WITH OUT A PROBLEM"

#11 pabandit

pabandit

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

They allowed the Knob street stocks to go with a 10" wheel this year. maybe the plan is to ( just my guess) eventually go with the bigger tire in the future.

#12 Rusty_Nuts

Rusty_Nuts

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

They let them race with the big tires but no points given to them. But they still got paid for there positions. Don't understand why they would screw the guys that race there by the rules every week .

Exactly, thats the same thing lernerville did with that #55 last year in the sportsman. I agree with you. Why hurt the guys that support you every week...? Tracks just dont care anymore. I guess they are all just so focused on padding their own pockets.

#13 W.O.T 3 WIDE

W.O.T 3 WIDE

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Interests:DIRT RACING

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:22 AM

My honest opinion is I dont think that the big tires make a real big difference, The big difference for me is the cost savings. I haven't bought a new tire yet this year, I buy the used ones from the late model guys, buff them up and get a few weeks out of them.

#14 pabandit

pabandit

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

Exactly, thats the same thing lernerville did with that #55 last year in the sportsman. I agree with you. Why hurt the guys that support you every week...? Tracks just dont care anymore. I guess they are all just so focused on padding their own pockets.

None of the knob street stock regulars got screwed. They were paid by position, just as if the Thunder valley cars were not there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users