• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 6tixride

6tixride

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

Congrats Bob on your big win!! Couldnt have happen to a nicer guy!! Well deserved!! Nice to see you back and flying around Ppms!! I guess we'll see you back soon??!! Tough luck goes to Pat Weldon. He had the field covered, but got a flat tire on lap 14:(... He said that was the first flat he's had in over 4-5 years. That's racing though. Jake Simmons was fast too in second place, but he had problems too. Not sure what happened?? Big wreck on the last lap sucked really bad, it destroyed a lot of good cars. Not sure what happened there either, but we could of done without that big mess. Hate to see cars go home torn up like that. Congrats again Bob!! We were soo happy for you!!

#2 mayorand1stladyofturn4

mayorand1stladyofturn4

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

Yes Bob congratulations on a big win. We are glad you came for The Ed Laboon 17 hope you come back for more. Thanks to Vince for helping put on a Great Show, It was a really good show to watch nice to see more than 10 cars in that division! : B)

#3 mcmillen61m

mcmillen61m

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

congrats 28s

#4 racerxcrewchief

racerxcrewchief

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Racing Racing Racing Did I mention racing

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Congrats! Dan and Colton 1*

There's always more speed!And you don't have to cheat to find it!

#5 MROA Chaplain Bill

MROA Chaplain Bill

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

Congratulations Bob ,God is good. You were missed at Mercer last night. Chaplain Bill

#6 Bink2807

Bink2807

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

WAY TO GO BOB!!!!!!

#7 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

WAY TO GO BOB!!!!!!

Nice win Bob ! Ya thats what i meant when i was pretending to count money to you as you went to lineup ! LOL
Vince what a great job you did !
tough luck Pat .. thought you would take the money after the way you ran the dash !
wayne .. you were flyin too ! made it a really good race !

#8 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support of this race. I couldn't be happier with how it ended up- 27 cars, great racing, and met a lot of great people. I would have loved to see it go green with Bob and Wayne side by side going into 3 on that last lap but that 25 spun and lead to more cautions. Also hated to see the wreck after that but glad everyone was okay. Was talking to Bob before the races and he told me it wasn't about the money, he (and his gang of cars) were there to support my Dad and the racing family in general. Couldn't have said it any better. It was awesome to see that many cars on the track again. The open pole position on the pace lap was very touching to my family. There wasn't a dry eye in our section. Hopefully everyone had fun and would come back for the next one!

#9 Paul55

Paul55

The MAN!!!

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support of this race. I couldn't be happier with how it ended up- 27 cars, great racing, and met a lot of great people. I would have loved to see it go green with Bob and Wayne side by side going into 3 on that last lap but that 25 spun and lead to more cautions. Also hated to see the wreck after that but glad everyone was okay.

Was talking to Bob before the races and he told me it wasn't about the money, he (and his gang of cars) were there to support my Dad and the racing family in general. Couldn't have said it any better.

It was awesome to see that many cars on the track again. The open pole position on the pace lap was very touching to my family. There wasn't a dry eye in our section.

Hopefully everyone had fun and would come back for the next one!

Was an awesome show Vince Congrats! Was nice to see bob come back to pms and win it. Pat did have the car to beat sucked seeing him get a flat!

(TEAM 14g/CAMPING-Paul Duratz)

#10 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

Oh before I forget- hard charger was Bill Slade. Hard luck was Pat Weldon. Lap money was 14 laps Pat 4 laps Bob. Highest finisher on Hoosiers was Carbo, and he also took home the Route 6 Racing package. Jake was 7th and got the second trophy and second case of oil. Area Auto Racing News subscriptions went to the 3rd and 4th place cars. Bob, we also have a set of Mechanix gloves for your crew chief as winner of the race at Kurt's trailer.

#11 BRYAN

BRYAN

World's Greatest

• Members
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

Oh before I forget- hard charger was Bill Slade. Hard luck was Pat Weldon. Lap money was 14 laps Pat 4 laps Bob. Highest finisher on Hoosiers was Carbo, and he also took home the Route 6 Racing package. Jake was 7th and got the second trophy and second case of oil. Area Auto Racing News subscriptions went to the 3rd and 4th place cars.

Bob, we also have a set of Mechanix gloves for your crew chief as winner of the race at Kurt's trailer.

Great job vince, great to see so many cars for the race!
Area Auto Racing News subscriptions went to Bob Heim and Pat Hanley.

#12 bezerker

bezerker

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

I am wondering if PMS addded any of the increased pit fee to your race? It seems like every week the pit fee is different, and since the only plausible reason was your race for your Dad, I was hoping the increase in the pit fee was for your event!? Also hats off to the track crew, they really got the red flag incident cleaned up and off the track in no time. Good Job guys!

Edited by bezerker, 26 August 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#13 sundance

sundance

• Members
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

congrats Bob. Nice to leave a track with a straight body for a change.

#14 galloomp

galloomp

• Members
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

I am wondering if PMS addded any of the increased pit fee to your race?
It seems like every week the pit fee is different, and since the only plausible reason was your race for your Dad, I was hoping the increase in the pit fee was for your event!?
Also hats off to the track crew, they really got the red flag incident cleaned up and off the track in no time. Good Job guys!

The extra 5 dollars was to make the sportsman a sportsman showdown payout to help vinces cause out which worked great

#15 RmiT

RmiT

Race Fan

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I am wondering if PMS addded any of the increased pit fee to your race?
It seems like every week the pit fee is different, and since the only plausible reason was your race for your Dad, I was hoping the increase in the pit fee was for your event!?
Also hats off to the track crew, they really got the red flag incident cleaned up and off the track in no time. Good Job guys!

This was answered previously. Last night was NAPA Night, but Matt and The Miley's STILL made it a Premium Race, increasing the standard payout to a special format of $700 to win, allowing the purse raised by Vince to be applied heavy to the rear and preliminaries.

Racin', It's "Burgh" Thing...

Truth, Justice, and the American Way...
Wait, who the luck am I kidding???
This is RaceStud, ANYTHING goes, unless it fills Rick's INBOX... Then, POOF, you're gone!

TimR

#16 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

This was answered previously. Last night was NAPA Night, but Matt and The Miley's STILL made it a Premium Race, increasing the standard payout to a special format of $700 to win, allowing the purse raised by Vince to be applied heavy to the rear and preliminaries.

Correct. The $5 extra made it a base purse of $700 and $100 to start. I then added about $2700 to this base payout then another $1000 in contingencies. heats, dash and lap bonuses.

#17 Ricky Steigerwald

Ricky Steigerwald

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Congrats bob you were fast all night glad to see you back in ppms victory lane!

GO BIG OR GO HOME

#18 bezerker

bezerker

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

The extra 5 dollars was to make the sportsman a sportsman showdown payout to help vinces cause out which worked great

There was no issue just wondering. This was a good cause, not like last week.

#19 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,389 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

There was no issue just wondering. This was a good cause, not like last week.

I think the Red Miley Rumble was a pretty good cause too, it if wasn't for him you may not have a place to race so close to home on Saturday night. Besides, if you thought the racing last weekend wasn't worth the price of admission, you need to take up another hobby.

#20 bezerker

bezerker

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

I think the Red Miley Rumble was a pretty good cause too, it if wasn't for him you may not have a place to race so close to home on Saturday night. Besides, if you thought the racing last weekend wasn't worth the price of admission, you need to take up another hobby.

Settle down, your implying something I am not talking about. Disrespect is not a place I am going so back off.
It was good racing.
Hobby? LOL

Edited by bezerker, 26 August 2012 - 06:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users