• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 deathpunch

deathpunch

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

My soon to b wifes soon is 10. What classes karts can he run. I know nothing about GO karts so any info u can post or msg me would be great. I'm thinking about getting into next year maybe later this summer.

#2 lrnvlFan1w

lrnvlFan1w

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,541 posts
  • Interests:Racing, hockey, mini trucks

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

My soon to b wifes soon is 10. What classes karts can he run. I know nothing about GO karts so any info u can post or msg me would be great. I'm thinking about getting into next year maybe later this summer.

check out this site 4cycle.com

#3 deathpunch

deathpunch

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

check out this site 4cycle.com

Thx will do

#4 1k sportsman

1k sportsman

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

Jeff at rage karts is very helpful and can find you a used kart. Take him to a local track first to see if he would be interested. It is a big expense to keep up at that age. Its lots of fun though. I miss it.

#5 woodhog

woodhog

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

We have been racing karts for 15 years. 6-10 year olds run purple restrictor plate class, 10-12 run blue plate class, 12-15 run gold plate class, and 15-up run unrestricted classes.

#6 KnuckleBall

KnuckleBall

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

Nothin like a 200 pounder stuffed in one those sumbitchs running a hole 30 mph and u can't even see the kart ! Takes my breath away !

#7 karter27m

karter27m

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Nothin like a 200 pounder stuffed in one those sumbitchs running a hole 30 mph and u can't even see the kart ! Takes my breath away !

There's a lot of guys around 200 pounds that are very very fast and go way more than 30 mph. You have no idea what your talking about...

Deathpunch, he would be in purple or blue. Both have pretty good kart counts in western pa. The MACKS has a blue plate traveling class.

PM me if you have any questions. I'd be glad to help.

#8 TCM29

TCM29

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

Check out Blairsville Speedway some Saturday night.
www.blairsvillespeedway.com

BTW- For the low information poster- they are a lot quicker than 30 mph, especially with your ass an inch off the ground!

#9 karter27m

karter27m

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Chris Claar, Jeff Davis, and Mike Dickerson are all around 200 and kart racers know they better be on there A game when they show up. Deathpunch, I think Goodhope has a kart they let people looking to get into racing try out. Should look em up.

#10 Phantom48

Phantom48

• Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Interests:Late Model Racing

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Great insight on something you clearly have no clue about, fuc kleball! Someone find this guys helmet before he hurts himself......

Edited by Phantom48, 07 May 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#11 KnuckleBall

KnuckleBall

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

I was a Phantom dealer for years and had a few teams . What these pour souls spend on tires , equipment and with travel expense they could run a damn 305 sprint ! Just bustin tail chill Lol

#12 karter27m

karter27m

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

I was a Phantom dealer for years and had a few teams . What these pour souls spend on tires , equipment and with travel expense they could run a damn 305 sprint ! Just bustin tail chill Lol

I doubt I could put a 305 together for what I race karts for...

What's your name?

#13 KnuckleBall

KnuckleBall

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

I doubt I could put a 305 together for what I race karts for...

What's your name?

Dude don't tell me adout karting expense . Top of the line kart operation all the bells whistles and is serious about it I know with sets of tires and motors and most of these guys have 2 or 3 karts u could easily have over $15000 invested and that's not counting trailer and towing . We built a very competive 305 sprint for under 15000 and have enough spairs to keep us goin. Your prob that jack stick at the kart track that bitchs every week about getting smoked with your 1200 race ready kart.

#14 KnuckleBall

KnuckleBall

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Ask woodhog the value on his karting operation in his garage ?

#15 woodhog

woodhog

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Ask woodhog the value on his karting operation in his garage ?

Got that right.

#16 TCM29

TCM29

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Regardless of the cost- both are great classes to race in, and the memories are worth it! Rule consistancy is the best thing about karting, at least that's how it used to be- with some tire exceptions. Some years ago I attended a race show in VA where I went to see a friend of my son's sprint car we were sponsoring (JR Fogelsonger). While I was standing there a bearded guy (French Grimes/Racesaver) started talking to me and said he heard about a kart race the week before in KY that paid $15k to win and he could not believe it- Sure wish that engine had not soured....... The 305's are good at Fremont, where I saw them last year. Enjoy both, if you can.

#17 karter27m

karter27m

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Wow knuckle tard I didn't realize you were talking about running at a state/national level. But now that I know that's right you could build a very nice 305 for the same as two tritons, FH's, animals, and all the set up tools... I've got a very good idea how much woodhog has in his equipment. But I doubt the guy wants to start out on a national level. Probably just wants to have some fun on the weekends. But hey what does a jack stick like me know...

#18 karter27m

karter27m

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

You going to post your name knuckleball?

#19 racin4fun

racin4fun

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

We just sold our Clone engine cart, raced at many local tracks and won dozens of features. I bought my engines at Harbor freight for $100. I had it advertised here for a grand. cart was race ready. We ran blue clone two years and got championship at tri-city many wins at Good hope, Dubois, slippery rock also. Like I said a grand race ready raced from 10 years old to this year (14) and went to econo mod. Carts are cheap once you realize you can run the big guys throw away stuff and still squeeze out wins with it. Save up your money and go to Harrisburg fall swap meet Friday night, plan on being up all night you'll be racing good stuff for a grand or less. Good luck! Dave

#20 michael myers

michael myers

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Dude don't tell me adout karting expense . Top of the line kart operation all the bells whistles and is serious about it I know with sets of tires and motors and most of these guys have 2 or 3 karts u could easily have over $15000 invested and that's not counting trailer and towing . We built a very competive 305 sprint for under 15000 and have enough spairs to keep us goin. Your prob that jack stick at the kart track that bitchs every week about getting smoked with your 1200 race ready kart.

Are you comparing running a national level kart team to a local 305 sprint team? If so you are funny. Compare apples to apples not apples to oranges. What does a national quality sprint operation cost now a days? Way more than $15,000.00 I can tell you. Flip that sprint one time and tell me what it cost's you. Show me your tire bill as those tires are not cheap by any means. I have been involved with the sprints for many years and do know what it cost's to be competetive. As far as karter27m goes he does WIN,and run up front weekly. If you know your shit you can win with $1,200 of equipment and not need that overpriced phantom kart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users