Photo

Has Any one ever dealt with Karb King in Pittsburgh?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 haught16

haught16

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Just wondered if anyone has ever dealt with Karb King in Pittsburgh ,Pa? I found their web site,but they dont answer the phone? im looking to get a Holley 3310 gone thru and set up. Thanks

#2 TheLegend

TheLegend

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Just wondered if anyone has ever dealt with Karb King in Pittsburgh ,Pa? I found their web site,but they dont answer the phone? im looking to get a Holley 3310 gone thru and set up. Thanks

Karsten Bloom KB carbs 419 866 5722. He's the best carb guy in the country

#3 haught16

haught16

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Thank you, i'll give him a call

#4 Railman

Railman

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

I use Karb King for my 4412s. They also built me a nice alky carb for my unlimited. Good guys, but you have to email them to get a quick response, especially during the racing season. They run a drag car and also have a trailer at all the races. Seen them at Norwalk mixing up fuel.

#5 racer777

racer777

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

Ditto on kb. Just got mine back Wednesday.

#6 xchevyx

xchevyx

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

Rip off they took a 3310 and gave me a holley 600 and its crap they said they would take care of it but its almost 3 months now they call from blocked numbers if the call you back very shady ppl

#7 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

http://www.yellowbul...ad.php?t=683642 read this,I'd stay away

#8 baldtireman

baldtireman

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Race cars,pretty ladies,toys nice dinners,old movies,Tacky race tracks!!

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

Kari Petrosky Gasser used to be connected to a carb guy...I think she married him.... :)

#9 Railman

Railman

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

I read through that yellowbullet link and the just seem like a bunch of flamers. It's the same people posting about two experiences--and the one guy who started it all obviously knows nothing about cars. I think there's a line in there like 'I took my carb apart and the jets were real shiny--they couldn't have run it' or something. What?! The other one is someone complaining about his/her carb being painted. Everyone else is just piling on with no real facts. I guess that's why the forum is called "fire your bullets." There's a lot of errant shooting that doesn't really hit the target.

I've never had a problem with Karb King other than I think they'd rather race than wrench, but I'd rather wait a weekend and have racers wrenching than some Wyotech wannabe or moonlighting Midas tech who thinks he knows carbs.

Tell us about the 3310-600 swap Xchevyx--what did you ask for and what's the story now?

#10 fast_crew

fast_crew

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Try Dayton Umholtz at Kenetic Performance. Great guy to deal with but it's been a few years.

#11 xchevyx

xchevyx

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Well if you must know I sent a 3310 to them and a few day later they sent me back some 600cfm carb with nothing done to it the 3310 was to be race preped with all this stuff done to it I'm not a carb guy so I don't know but I got a junk carb back that don't work has rust on the plates and the linkage is bent been trying to get them to fix it for months I was even told I would get a new one bc of it and now they won't take my calls so there goes 175 bucks for junk I have to run a 2 bbl or I would not be racing bc of them so yea I have the rite to be pissed at them

#12 Railman

Railman

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

Xchevyx, not sure why they'd send you a 600 (I'm assuming an 1850) when you gave them a 750, unless your specs dictated the smaller CFM or single inlet requirement, but in my experience with Karb King they've always been on top of the tune, but a little slow during race season.

Call or email specifically asking for JR or Mike. Tell them Ray Paquet said they'd help you out.I've sent them tons of work and never had a problem. NHRA was in New England this past weekend, so they probably won't be open til Tuesday, but definitely try contacting them. Pretty sure they won there Super Stock class per a gas/mod guy I built a tranny for, so they should be in good spirits!

#13 pushtostart

pushtostart

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

Chevy, you accepted an 1850 in place of a 3310?

They look absolutely nothing alike.

Dang near the only parts that interchange are jets and secondary diaphragm.

Holy cow, man. Really? Takes a real man to admit that.

#14 xchevyx

xchevyx

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:01 AM

Sorry I'm not a pro on telling what carbs are and I will be the first to say it but this all went down 3 months ago and I had a lot more going on with the car at the time he handed it to me and I payed him thinking they are the carb ppl and would not screw me but I have learned a lot over the last 3 months tho ! 3 times in the car I got a 8 th on a rodcheaster 2 bbl and a 5 th on a qjet . I sent it back to them as there email said soo will see how it goes this time .

#15 xchevyx

xchevyx

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

And thanks railman I will do that I hate to run any one down I know stuff happens but I just want what I payed for no more or no less and they just did not take care of it in a timely manner as they should have I just want to race not have to deal with crap but atleast the said to send it back now

#16 Railman

Railman

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

I really didn't do anything, but I am a good customer of Karb King, so maybe they heard my name or something.

Anyway, like I said, they build great carbs but disappear (like a lot of us!) on race weekends. It's hit or miss on time- sometimes I get a carb in a week, and sometimes it's two.

It sounds like you are running in a single inlet class so maybe that's why you got a 600/1850? Remember, the guy that ultimately gets your specs decides what to build based on your info, so there's that. Did you ever run it? Probably would do better than a 2bbl.

Keep us posted on things and try running that carb if you haven't. You might be surprised.

#17 xchevyx

xchevyx

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

I could not run it like I said the linkage is bent so bad it would not work it also had 2 accel pumps in it and that would not work as it was locked up

#18 xchevyx

xchevyx

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

I could not run it like I said the linkage is bent so bad it would not work it also had 2 accel pumps in it and that would not work as it was locked up

#19 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

This post is hilarious .... It's like a dude asks his friends about a girl and they all say she has aids and he sticks her anyway ....

#20 haught16

haught16

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

Legend is dead on as usual....for the record...KB carbs hooked me up, bolted carb on, never touched it since....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users