15 replies to this topic

#1 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, BMX, Hunting, Hanging out with my family

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

Heard some rumors floating around about a bi-weekly Mod Lite class at Hummingbird and Mercer? Wondering if anyone has any information on this. If it happens i'm extremely interested in running one of these little bastards haha

#2 Dingo

Dingo

Race Fan

• Members
  • 942 posts
  • Interests:Vintage Modifieds.

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Heard some rumors floating around about a bi-weekly Mod Lite class at Hummingbird and Mercer? Wondering if anyone has any information on this. If it happens i'm extremely interested in running one of these little bastards haha

I believe their demands to race didn't impress anyone - heard it was something like they wanted the gate proceeds to run. Don't think theres many tracks around that would agree to that, even for a top tier Class.

I also believe that things will be changing this year. There has been a change of personnel and hopefully a more progressive attitude toward promoting the track and including feature classes, rather than just the 'same old, same old' every race meeting of the year.

Hummingbird is a nice little track with a great central location just off I-80. It has a lot of potential.

Dingo

Pennsylvania Vintage Dirt Modifieds, follow us on Facebook.
Website - http://pavdma.wix.co...tage-modifieds#

#3 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

I believe their demands to race didn't impress anyone - heard it was something like they wanted the gate proceeds to run. Don't think theres many tracks around that would agree to that, even for a top tier Class.

I also believe that things will be changing this year. There has been a change of personnel and hopefully a more progressive attitude toward promoting the track and including feature classes, rather than just the 'same old, same old' every race meeting of the year.

Hummingbird is a nice little track with a great central location just off I-80. It has a lot of potential.

Dingo

would love to see them race there. i know i'd build one or buy one if they did. they're fast and entertaining. i agree with you on the demands. hopefully they'll wise up and run some bigger specials throughout the year. the pures, streets, and lates had some of the best racing i've seen in a long time at that place. never really watched the fwd's. i think an addition like mod-lites on a bi-weekly schedule would be great if they can get stuff figured out. maybe run a joint points series with whatever other track is running them or something like that.

#4 T-440

T-440

A Sprint Car Dinosaur

• Members
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

The one class that I would really love to see at Hummingbird for a one night stand is the ARDC Midgets. Those guys put on a good show everywhere, and on that size track, I think they would be great!!! Mod lites I only ever saw one time, at CPS. They were fast, but there weren't enough of them to put on a show. On a track the size of Hummingbird, Mod Lites, Micro Sprints, and Midgets would all put on a good show. Another class that I think they should look at is the Econo Mod class from Sharon. Maybe catch a night when they aren't on the card at Sharon, and bring them in with a little higher payout than what they get at thier home track.

#5 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

600 micro sprints (even have a wingless special) speedstrs slingshots ...few other classes worth mentioning...hell there are a 100 different options they could step up and try they just never have

Edited by suhoney18, 11 November 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#6 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

mod lites, micro sprints 270 or 600, e-mods, 358 mods, midgets, ANYTHING!!! they would all be entertaining to watch, and i hate micro sprints haha but they put on a pretty damn good show. the 358 mods put on some good shows at the track some years back. but they haven't even given thought to try anything, or jump on board and work with other tracks on scheduling or anything. i really hope this changes next year. that place, and i don't care what anyone says, has alot of great potential. they have great racing. alot of people would agree with me when i say that the racing at hummingbird, low car counts or not, was spectacular almost every night.

#7 DSG

DSG

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

600 micro sprints (even have a wingless special)
speedstrs
slingshots

...few other classes worth mentioning...hell there are a 100 different options they could step up and try they just never have

where are all the slingshots going to come from? They are big out east, not so much around here that i know of

Visit us on Facebook! **Dimmick's Signs & Graphics**

#8 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

where are all the slingshots going to come from? They are big out east, not so much around here that i know of

where would all the mod lites come from? nobody around here runs them either...just pay a good amount and see what happens

#9 Dingo

Dingo

Race Fan

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

mod lites,
micro sprints 270 or 600,
e-mods,
358 mods,
midgets,
ANYTHING!!!

they would all be entertaining to watch, and i hate micro sprints haha but they put on a pretty damn good show. the 358 mods put on some good shows at the track some years back. but they haven't even given thought to try anything, or jump on board and work with other tracks on scheduling or anything. i really hope this changes next year. that place, and i don't care what anyone says, has alot of great potential. they have great racing. alot of people would agree with me when i say that the racing at hummingbird, low car counts or not, was spectacular almost every night.

Maybe even the Vintage Modifieds.... who knows.

Dingo

#10 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Maybe even the Vintage Modifieds.... who knows.

Dingo

anything different every now and then. vintage mods are a good idea if you can get more than 3.....

#11 Dingo

Dingo

Race Fan

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

anything different every now and then. vintage mods are a good idea if you can get more than 3.....

Apart from our first race at AMP last season when we had 5, we had a car count in double figures at every other race, with a top field of 14 at PPMS. Last Saturday at our AGM and Banquet, we had 16 cars and drivers register, with another 8 to come that we know of. New drivers for this coming year include the 'Reno Rocket' Les Myers and Late Model driver Jim Kurpakus.

I dont think we'll have a problem getting more than 3 cars.

Dingo

#12 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

Apart from our first race at AMP last season when we had 5, we had a car count in double figures at every other race, with a top field of 14 at PPMS. Last Saturday at our AGM and Banquet, we had 16 cars and drivers register, with another 8 to come that we know of. New drivers for this coming year include the 'Reno Rocket' Les Myers and Late Model driver Jim Kurpakus.

I dont think we'll have a problem getting more than 3 cars.

Dingo

that would be pretty cool to see a good field of vintage mods. i thought the 5 they had at amp were pretty neat to watch, that was my first time seeing them anywhere. i can imagine with a bunch more cars it could get pretty racey!

#13 99xbeimel

99xbeimel

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Racing, Building engines, and my Vehicles

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

270 micros... there is a lot of them in the area.. just sitting around.

#14 BLACKFLAG

BLACKFLAG

Race Fan

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

TTT

#15 CHEVY1A

CHEVY1A

Race Fan

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

Id like to see 3/4 scale late models there, or lawn mower racing. On the serious side, I saw a lawn mower race at Winchester speedway in Virginia last year and it was pretty cool.

Edited by CHEVY1A, 02 January 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#16 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

I think they need to add at least 5 more classes to their weekly show. Fans would love that.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users