• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 moneybags

moneybags

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

I know the car count was down in the purestock and you to do something but the 4 CYL CAR COUNT WAS PRETY GOOD than you let cars run that were way way pass stock is going to the way as last year --- talk

#2 SeaBass

SeaBass

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Please don't let your cat walk on the keyboard

#3 Tim W

Tim W

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Right on the money with that!

#4 racerxcrewchief

racerxcrewchief

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Racing Racing Racing Did I mention racing

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

BAWAHAHAHA! Love it!

There's always more speed!And you don't have to cheat to find it!

#5 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,719 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

....or stop huffing gold paint fumes.

#6 relurgic action

relurgic action

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

da goold ise tha c beestes

#7 moneybags

moneybags

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

sorry I left a few words out - I forgot to take my meds that day just want to know if going to be the same this year -NO RULES-

#8 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, BMX, Hunting, Hanging out with my family

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

sorry I left a few words out - I forgot to take my meds that day just want to know if going to be the same this year -NO RULES-

no rules are no rules.... its the same for everyone. if they're only letting a few guys get away with stuff that'd be different. but if there is a guy running a bert tranny in a pure stock and they let it happen, guess what, you can too. they have rules that are apparently not written down yet.

#9 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

no rules are no rules.... its the same for everyone. if they're only letting a few guys get away with stuff that'd be different. but if there is a guy running a bert tranny in a pure stock and they let it happen, guess what, you can too. they have rules that are apparently not written down yet.

All they need is sun honey smoking down on a few yokes !!

#10 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

#11 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

no mods, no jobs.

#12 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:dirt track racer

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

more modified races ar A.M.P this year than there has been in a long time and the fans are happy about it , i guess all you haters can all go somewhere else but as for me i am glad their coming back.

Edited by race ace, 18 January 2014 - 02:14 AM.

race ace

#13 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

more modified races ar A.M.P this year than there has been in a long time and the fans are happy about it , i guess all you aters can all go somewhere else but as for me i am glad their coming back.

Oh me too !!!! I just dribbled a little " pre cream " just reading about the mods !!!

#14 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

more modified races ar A.M.P this year than there has been in a long time and the fans are happy about it , i guess all you aters can all go somewhere else but as for me i am glad their coming back.

I certainly didn't say anything bad about the modifieds being there, I think they put on a good show but they just don't get it goin for me like some good ole' late model racin or a damn fine deck. it seems like your panties immediately bunched at the opportunity to discuss mods...

Edited by gofast05, 17 January 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#15 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

must have been a good amount of people that wanted them...im sure he wouldn't bring them in just because 1 or 2 guys enjoy them...

Edited by suhoney18, 17 January 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#16 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

I certainly didn't say anything bad about the modifieds being there, I think they put on a good show but they just don't get it goin for me like some good ole' late model racin or a damn fine deck. it seems like your panties immediately bunched at the opportunity to discuss mods...

i was not replying to you, sorry if you thought that in fact i was not referring to anyone. i was just making the comment that a lot of fans are happy to see the modifieds back every other week . i hope this clears up the confusion .

race ace

#17 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

i was not replying to you, sorry if you thought that in fact i was not referring to anyone. i was just making the comment that a lot of fans are happy to see the modifieds back every other week . i hope this clears up the confusion .

the way they have the schedule this year, is a little ridiculous. they're pushing their limits as far as number of classes goes. some night they have both sprints and the rush series on top of all the other classes. I didn't see any mods on the schedule that I can remember

#18 T-440

T-440

A Sprint Car Dinosaur

• Members
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

the way they have the schedule this year, is a little ridiculous. they're pushing their limits as far as number of classes goes. some night they have both sprints and the rush series on top of all the other classes. I didn't see any mods on the schedule that I can remember

I'm have some mixed feelings on this topic. I like the fact that they are doing something different than the same ole same ole that this area has always seen, but at the same time, I think having three divisions that are essentially startup divisions in this area is too many. The economy in this area has a hard time supporting the classes that are already in place, trying to build three new classes is going to be tough, in my opinion, especially when two of the divisions are scheduled at other tracks on the same night.... I really like the Semi-Late class, and I think it will continue to grow, as long as they keep a lock on the rules to keep the costs down. The 305's are one of my favorite divisions, but there are very few local teams for that class, so you are counting on teams from other areas to come in, and those teams usually have other options closer to home.... I see the same issue with the Rush Mods.

Personally, I feel instead of trying to run the 305's and the Rush Mods as semi regular divisions, AMP would have better off leaving the weekly racing for these divisions to other tracks, and AMP could host a once month or once every other month tour type special for these classes. I thought AMP was part of the PASS sanction for 305's, but from what I've read recently it sounds like they are part of the new Laurel Highlands group. I don't know much about that group, but instead of trying to have a couple weekly tracks, sprints in this area would be better off running a series of different tracks each week as specials. If the tracks would work with them, you could fill a schedule of one night weekends, and teams that want to compete two nights a week, could hit a PASS race somewhere out east...

#19 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

when I said mods I was referring to the 358 mods of the past when it was gamblers and hidden valley just to clear it up

#20 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

I agree with having too many classes in one night because everyone knows some nights now things run extra long (full moon fever ) lol!!!!but i do like the idea of mixing things up with the line up of racing .not the same old classes week after week .

race ace

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users