• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 csracing

csracing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

PRS 2014 – Racing through a new decade with a new attitude! Port Royal Speedway The Only Place To See Super Sprints And Super Lates Every Saturday Night Port Royal Slate Includes First Region Shows For NDRL Northeast Late Models Nearly 20 Super Late Model Shows Slated FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 1/17/14 Port Royal – Port Royal Speedway has its 2014 season opener set for Saturday, March 15 at 6 pm, featuring Aumiller’s Insurance 410 sprints and Gray’s Auto and Towing super late models. The season opener featuring the super late models will be just the first of nearly 20 shows for the big, powerful stock cars at the Juniata County oval during the 2014 season. The super lates will be the focus of many special shows at the track throughout the year. Two of the biggest shows of the year will be the first-ever appearances at the track of the NDRL – National Dirt Racing League super late model series, comprised of two northeast NDRL regional events. NDRL launched its national series in 2013 with stars like Billy Moyer, Shane Clanton, Josh Richards and Jimmy Mars competing as part of its field. And this year, the NDRL is launching its Northeast Region Series as part of its national competition. “The goal of the NDRL is to provide the best racing experience possible for the drivers, the tracks and the fans,” says NDRL Northeast Race Director John Stivason. “We are very pleased to be able to establish our footprint in the central part of Pennsylvania by scheduling shows at Port Royal.” The high-dollar Port Royal NDRL regional shows will be the first of their kind for the sanctioning body in the central Pennsylvania area and will be the final leg of two-day stands in the state each time they visit Port Royal. The first special show of the season for the late models at Port Royal will take place over the Memorial Day holiday weekend when for the second year in a row the Fallen Heroes Championships will be staged for both the 410 sprints and the lates. Also in 2014, the track will host the finale of the lucrative Appalachian Mountain Dirt Late Model Speedweek series in June. The 2014 race will be the Charlie Grinestaff Memorial. The 11th annual Butch Renninger Memorial will also be staged during the season and another championship event for the division is also slated. The 2014 slate also includes numerous shows for the newly created 355 econo-late model division, replacing the pro stocks in 2014. Formerly called the “enduro dash” division, several races are also planned for the newly named xtreme stocks. The full Port Royal Speedway 2014 schedule of events will be released within the next seven to 10 days. PRS 2014 – Racing through a new decade with a new attitude! Port Royal Speedway The Only Place To See Super Sprints And Super Lates Every Saturday Night

#2 T-440

T-440

A Sprint Car Dinosaur

• Members
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

Good to see Port Royal showing the late models some love! Port will always be a sprint car track, but I've seen some great late model races there over the years, and they seem to get a good car count each week.

#3 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Will be interesting to see how the WoO/WRG will react to Port scheduling NDRL races since their self imposed infantile "mines bigger than yours" campaign against anything NDRL....

#4 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

Will be interesting to see how the WoO/WRG will react to Port scheduling NDRL races since their self imposed infantile "mines bigger than yours" campaign against anything NDRL....

And in this world money talks ... And the WOO doesn't have it ...

#5 dale

dale

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

WOO Sprints Oct.25th at Port Royal! It's about Port Royal not some sanctioning body! :D

#6 George Costanza

George Costanza

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

And in this world money talks ... And the WOO doesn't have it ...

Not sure how true it is, but I have heard a few rumors of people being involved with a couple race teams that ran NDRL races last year that they still owe a few teams some cash.

#7 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

Not sure how true it is, but I have heard a few rumors of people being involved with a couple race teams that ran NDRL races last year that they still owe a few teams some cash.

Bullshit !!! If your going to start that stupid shit have those phantom drivers post their damn story on here !!

#8 Fwig

Fwig

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Keep him straight Legend! The only team that might think the NDRL owes them $$$ is Jimmy Owens' team.

#9 George Costanza

George Costanza

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Bullshit !!! If your going to start that stupid shit have those phantom drivers post their damn story on here !!

Just what I was told, thus why I started my post with "not sure how true it is". Not sure someone who claims they were shorted money by a track would find it that far fetched that a sanctioning body may or may not have lived up to their end of the deal.

#10 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Just what I was told, thus why I started my post with "not sure how true it is". Not sure someone who claims they were shorted money by a track would find it that far fetched that a sanctioning body may or may not have lived up to their end of the deal.

If you felt their story was legit you wouldn't have started it the way you did. I was screwed by that fag Frank Wilson who has a long history as a 2 bit theif

#11 George Costanza

George Costanza

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

If you felt their story was legit you wouldn't have started it the way you did. I was screwed by that fag Frank Wilson who has a long history as a 2 bit theif

I have no idea if the story is legit or not as I am not involved with the team they are. But I have no reason to think they would just lie to lie...was just passing along what I was told. Give no lucks about the NDRL or WOO lms.

#12 Rusty_Nuts

Rusty_Nuts

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

Sorry. I just skimmed through the post but still didn't see a date. Does anyone know if a date is set yet for the NDRL? Thanks

#13 FRANK

FRANK

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

John, Do me a favor and please clarify which Frank Wilson you're talking about. I'm sure there are some that come on here don't know the story.

Good luck in the upcoming season,

Thanks,
Frank

#14 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

John, Do me a favor and please clarify which Frank Wilson you're talking about. I'm sure there are some that come on here don't know the story.

Good luck in the upcoming season,

Thanks,
Frank

The Frank Wilson who ran Tyler county

#15 csracing

csracing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Port Royal has scheduled two events with the NDRL Northeast series. The dates are June 21 2014 and August 30 2014. These two shows are the NDRL Northeast Latemodels NO emods. Schedule is coming soon.

#16 Rusty_Nuts

Rusty_Nuts

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Port Royal has scheduled two events with the NDRL Northeast series. The dates are June 21 2014 and August 30 2014. These two shows are the NDRL Northeast Latemodels NO emods. Schedule is coming soon.

Thank you. Ignore my stupidity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users