46 replies to this topic

#1 TOPGUNRACER

TOPGUNRACER

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:raceing

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

http://alleghenymotorspeedway.com/
Check it out . The Thomas Organization has a pretty good track record lets hope to see it happen.

#2 champ10

champ10

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Interesting...FASTRAK late models. That makes three tracks.

#3 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

Penn-Ohio stocks?........another good race option. Also hope they pursue the old outlaw Labor Day show.

#4 metalcowboy

metalcowboy

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Selinsgrove has that WoOLM show on lockdown already. the NDRL however....is open from aug 3 to sept 11..... hey Mr. Kennedy, whatcha think?

#5 TimBurns

TimBurns

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

Looking forward to giving this track a shot.

#6 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Just like going to Ace High or Cannonball but beats the hell out of going to Hickory or Challenger. :) They might be ify, but they're still there.

Edited by spike, 25 January 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#7 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

Looking forward to giving this track a shot.

wear a scarf so that red sand doesn't find its way down your back :)

#8 aklawncare

aklawncare

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

i drove by the track today and seen some fresh tracks in there so i walked up to the track and someone plowed all the snow off the track anyone know who and why?

#9 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

i drove by the track today and seen some fresh tracks in there so i walked up to the track and someone plowed all the snow off the track anyone know who and why?

It was a member of the France family trying to figure out how many seats to take out. B)

#10 TOPGUNRACER

TOPGUNRACER

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

There must be a reason that the new owners were at the track , My guess is they want to get this up and running ASAP.

#11 UserName

UserName

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

There must be a reason that the new owners were at the track , My guess is they want to get this up and running ASAP.

im still not sure why people think there are new owners

this is copied from the press release :
I am thrilled to announce our plans to acquire Tri-City

it clearly states they have plans to acquire tricity , not that they own it currently

#12 TOPGUNRACER

TOPGUNRACER

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

im still not sure why people think there are new owners

this is copied from the press release :
I am thrilled to announce our plans to acquire Tri-City

it clearly states they have plans to acquire tricity , not that they own it currently

So you think the sheriff went there and plowed the snow off the track fore the sale on the 19th. give them the chance and see what happens, somebody is trying to revive the track.

#13 champ10

champ10

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

It was a member of the France family trying to figure out how many seats to take out. B)

Very Good.....like it!

#14 badass bowtie

badass bowtie

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

So you think the sheriff went there and plowed the snow off the track fore the sale on the 19th. give them the chance and see what happens, somebody is trying to revive the track.

you guys are making a mountain out of zero. even if this place was sold. and someone wanted to revive racing at this track. we are talking about a lot of money to fix things up just to be operational. the road that leads to track probably looks like the surface of the moon. someone said the grandstands were removed. the track would need a shit load of fresh clay. track workers needed. concession stands would need money. insurance need money. anyone have a few xtra million laying around ?? Believe nothing till it happens.

#15 fwdbite

fwdbite

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

you guys are making a mountain out of zero. even if this place was sold. and someone wanted to revive racing at this track. we are talking about a lot of money to fix things up just to be operational. the road that leads to track probably looks like the surface of the moon. someone said the grandstands were removed. the track would need a shit load of fresh clay. track workers needed. concession stands would need money. insurance need money. anyone have a few xtra million laying around ?? Believe nothing till it happens.

its highly doubtful someone that is willing to spend a quarter of a million dollars to buy the place just overlooked them issues. face it , a potential buyer has interest and wants to reopen it. lets hope it happens

#16 theking28b

theking28b

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

from what i was told that when previous mgt group closed the place they did nothing to the track. I guess all the water lines froze and broke all the toilets sinks kitchen were ruined. the facilities have not been touched in like 3 years. Again i was told by another person familiar with the place with interest in purchasing or owning a track that it would take $250,000 or more just to get the place in shape to race again. I will believe it when i see it but i know there is a ton of work to do to race when these people want to race, I see that not happening.

#17 37 OWNER 36

37 OWNER 36

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Raceing

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Give them the benefit of the doubt. Remember on here everybody said Gamblers was not worth rebuilding now look . Jeff Taylor and his crew have a very good first year under there belt., and consintly making it better for fans and racers.

Edited by 37 OWNER 36, 27 January 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#18 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, BMX, Hunting, Hanging out with my family

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

I hope this works out. with central pa speedway going back to asphalt. we don't really have any track up this way with the facility to have Big Specials. Lernerville and PPMS are a bit far for me personally. But I look forward to making a few trips up that way to check it out.

#19 kart91

kart91

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

There sure is a lot of negativity about the possibility of a racetrack re-opening. I understand being cautious about getting your hopes up, but there are a lot of people that seem genuinely pissed that this is something people are even talking about. It's obvious by some of the pictures that were posted that it would be a big undertaking. Just by watching the "press conference" it would seem that Mike Thomas doesn't know a lot about racing in general. To me, that's not a problem at all. Owners don't have to like racing to be involved with a racetrack. Of course it helps, but if they can run the business side of things effectively, who cares what they know about the cars running around the track. I say good luck to the Thomas Organization in their potential venture. I hope it works out. It sure would be nice to be sitting on the front stretch grandstands on May 18th.

#20 T-440

T-440

A Sprint Car Dinosaur

• Members
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Tri-City was one of the nicest places I've been too, so I'm excited that there is something in the works to bring the place back. After years of going through different owners, track closing then re-opening, then closing again, changing surfaces (and this was all in Clearfield LOL), we know all to well what it's like to get your hopes up, only to be let down. But, these days, with lots of tracks closing the gates, it is nice to see talk of one actually re-opening! Best of luck to the new owners!!!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users