Owens, Bloomquist, McCreadiie, Mars and Chub

#24 fanmods

fanmods

• Members
  • 3,082 posts
  • Interests:Big block Mods

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

Till tomorrow

Edited by fanmods, 27 June 2014 - 09:33 PM.

#25 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Other than the last few laps of the feature, that was $34 worth of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

#26 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

It was 34 for a 6k to win race ????

#27 fanmods

fanmods

• Members
  • 3,082 posts
  • Interests:Big block Mods

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

All I can say is it was $69 in advance for 3 days with a pit pass upgrade for thurs and friday at no extra charge.

#28 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

It was 34 for a 6k to win race ????

Yep, and you thought Miley was the only one around here that likes to gouge. But, I digress. I knew the price full well before I went. To me, it appeared to be more of a value then driving 60 miles to DHS. In terms of gate and gas, it was really a wash. I figured with the caliber of cars, it might be a good show. Man, was I wrong. I won't make that mistake again.

#29 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

All I can say is it was $69 in advance for 3 days with a pit pass upgrade for thurs and friday at no extra charge.

That is the only way to get any value from this show. That, and to camp there all three days, which isn't cheap and not in my plans anymore (that and drinking and or trying to sleep and putting up with drunks which is fine, if that's your thing), or to live close by. If someone is going to go to one night only, then obviously, Saturday night is the night to do it. However, the way they had the track last night, it pretty much sucked ass, and mostly favors the traveling racers.

#30 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

However, the way they had the track last night, it pretty much sucked ass, and mostly favors the traveling racers.

You should've told Garvin that before he set fast time.

I count 3 "non-travelers" in the night two feature (Garvin, King, Miley) and 3 of them in night one's (Miley, Ferree, Hess).  Hess may have gotten in last night as well, if he had not jumped the initial start in the b.  The traveling racers are going to beat the locals 99 times out of 100, and track prep has nothing to do with it.

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#31 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

You should've told Garvin that before he set fast time.

I count 3 "non-travelers" in the night two feature (Garvin, King, Miley) and 3 of them in night one's (Miley, Ferree, Hess).  Hess may have gotten in last night as well, if he had not jumped the initial start in the b.  The traveling racers are going to beat the locals 99 times out of 100, and track prep has nothing to do with it.

Point taken, and I agree with it. Poor wording on my part. I don't feel that the competitive gap on a fast race track is that wide between locals and the travelling "pros" simply because dry/slick tracks are what those guys race on probably 3/4's of the season or more. That is not to say that locals, on a really fast track that holds up, will fill five of the top ten positions. Not going to happen.

#32 racefan18

racefan18

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:24 AM

Yep, and you thought Miley was the only one around here that likes to gouge. But, I digress. I knew the price full well before I went. To me, it appeared to be more of a value then driving 60 miles to DHS. In terms of gate and gas, it was really a wash. I figured with the caliber of cars, it might be a good show. Man, was I wrong. I won't make that mistake again.

Good please just stay home for now on. You cant handle dirt track racing

#33 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

Good please just stay home for now on. You cant handle dirt track racing

Tell me why I "can't handle dirt track racin". This should be golden.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users