• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 barneyoldfield

barneyoldfield

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

Wishing some better luck for Colton , Showing some signs of being fast just needs to put it all together
A for effort

#2 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:00 AM

He was definitely driving over his head last night by running into at least two cars. Has he even made a feature event down there yet?

#3 DirtxxxRacing

DirtxxxRacing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:18 AM

He was definitely driving over his head last night by running into at least two cars. Has he even made a feature event down there yet?

Friday night he missed the show by 1 spot.  Was in a transfer for the longest time, but lost it on a restart.  Saturday night he looked just terrible.  Started noticing a lot of smoke from his car Friday night, and it was doing it again Saturday.  Don't know how he did last night.

#4 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:42 AM

Something with the valve covers was the issue with the motor so they went to the backup car I believe they said on mavtv. As far as last night he drove over his head into the corner and took out some dude then in the b-main did the same thing and load it up in the trailer once again.

#5 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,646 posts
  • Interests:hunting,fishing,racing

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

pretty easy to struggle with those guys......lol. he is racing hard, but out of control like many have said. looks like tyler erb 2 years ago.......that kid is on it now.......

#6 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

Is John Johnson funding everything for him now? I sure will miss Johnny Flinner in that car.

#7 DirtxxxRacing

DirtxxxRacing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:37 PM

Is John Johnson funding everything for him now? I sure will miss Johnny Flinner in that car.

I believe so.  I think they still have some of their own stuff as well.

#8 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,751 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

Yea Ole John flinner never drove over his head or used somebody up in a corner. Not John flinner. He's had more people wanting a pc of him than a trailer park queen. Good for colton, as was posted above, Tyler Erb has used up many in tossing it in and hoping it sticks also. Look were that has gotten him.

#9 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

How many late model track Champions does John have? How many late model wins does Tyler erb have?

You are right. Both of these guys have destroyed a lot of equipment but they can get the job done also in the process.

#10 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Race Fan

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:16 PM

Yea Ole John flinner never drove over his head or used somebody up in a corner. Not John flinner. He's had more people wanting a pc of him than a trailer park queen. Good for colton, as was posted above, Tyler Erb has used up many in tossing it in and hoping it sticks also. Look were that has gotten him.

The difference is John actually could win races in the 48, Colton hasn't done much. He won Lucas Rookie because nobody else was running against him. Apparently there is some kind of bad blood between John and Colton as people have told me John is always talking crap on Colton and his old man on facebook.

#11 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,311 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:29 PM

Colton learned in a Latemodel just like you say he is driving against those guys .

Only difference is .. he was running over people at Pittsburgh .. but he got allot better after all that .

Speaking of Stock Car Hall of Famer Johnny Johnson .. he will be features soon in the " politics of racing "

#12 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:47 PM

Colton did a good job tonight in qualifying finish second in his heat race. Looks like he had his head in the right spot tonight. We'll see what he can do in the future. I would have loved to see John flinner down at East Bay. I guarantee you they would be replacing body panels every night if that was the case.

#13 barneyoldfield

barneyoldfield

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:42 PM

Colton looked good tonight ,hangin with the big boys
Pretty cool

We’ll see if Lake can but something together

No matter what u think of them,their down there getting after it

Good luck to them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic