• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 10:19 AM

North Hills Thursday night,if you didn't end up in the creek...Lernerville Friday...PMS Saturday then if there was still anything left head down 70 to Derbydrome on Sunday.

those were the days..lol

One of the funniest stories my dad told was being on his head, in the creek, trying to get out of the car without getting wet. But I think I've mentioned that before. 

Edited by FanJim24, 16 February 2020 - 10:22 AM.

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#22 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:33 PM

Two of my regrets as a race fan was never having seen a race at either Heidelburg or North Hills.

#23 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:15 PM

Skull sorry you never went to these tracks, man there was some good racing. North Hills was a lot of fun they raced Figure 8"s, Late Models, Semi-Lates and some Sprint Cars. I remember one guy went in the creek upside down his helmet started filling up with water, he was lucky to get out his first name was Ed can not remember his last name.We are so lucky to have racing in our area be greatful for what we have!

#24 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:53 PM

Skull sorry you never went to these tracks, man there was some good racing. North Hills was a lot of fun they raced Figure 8"s, Late Models, Semi-Lates and some Sprint Cars. I remember one guy went in the creek upside down his helmet started filling up with water, he was lucky to get out his first name was Ed can not remember his last name.We are so lucky to have racing in our area be greatful for what we have!

...and coups/modifieds for a few years too. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#25 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:59 PM

Might have been Ed Bashaar, pretty sure he raced there and Lernerville. I've seen pictures of Herm Myers and Herbie in that creek at the same time. A photo of Kurt Halbedl on his side in there. It sure got it's share of attention from the racers.

#26 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 05:31 PM

Thanks Skull it was Basharr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users