• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 cubcadet31

cubcadet31

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:57 PM

anyone know if Rhodes won the late model points for the year?

#2 Express Man

Express Man

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

Yes he did!  And I beleieve that is his 20th point championship in his career!  Future Dirtlatemodel Hall of fame driver!  One of the best ever to strap in!  But wait...I forgot none of the Dog Hoillow guys could make the show at Pittsburgh????  Congratulations to the 83r.

#3 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:49 AM

I assume he will be there next week ??

#4 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:06 AM

I save that praise for guys like bloomquist ,Moyer , Owens , oneil , lanigan etc etc

#5 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:40 AM

Rhodes used to race at Pittsburgh, so one never knows!!!

Walt

#6 Express Man

Express Man

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

Rhodes has some Stars and Mac's and News wins that I know of!  I am sure he has atleast 200 Super wins!  And all his championships are the the top level!  And I beleive they are at Thundervalley(8)  Bedford(3)  Cumberland(2) Roaringknob(2) Ebensburg(1) Windber (2) Latrobe(1) Dog Hollow(1)  I know he also ran pavement at Jennerstown for a few seasons!  So Yes Legend...I'm pretty sure he can make the race at Pittsburgh....and beat you at your home track as well!

#7 Express Man

Express Man

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:56 PM

Legend....Check and see how many of your formentioned have that many championships? I'll bet none!  But they have a different agenda as well!  And a tougher one.

#8 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

" the aforementioned " guys could have won 3 track titles a year their entire careers if they wanted to race against locals . One of the best in his area ok ... One of the best to ever strap in ???

#9 Wayne McDonald

Wayne McDonald

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

anyone one with 200 wins can't be that bad..      I hope he skips pittsburgh and races the rfslm show at marion center, heard a lot of the big boys are coming also

#10 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

The fastest dirt late models in the world will be at Pittsburgh next weekend ..... Period !

#11 Wayne McDonald

Wayne McDonald

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

yes,but what about the bonus points for next year?

#12 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:37 PM

Rhodes has some Stars and Mac's and News wins that I know of!  I am sure he has atleast 200 Super wins!  And all his championships are the the top level!  And I beleive they are at Thundervalley(8)  Bedford(3)  Cumberland(2) Roaringknob(2) Ebensburg(1) Windber (2) Latrobe(1) Dog Hollow(1)  I know he also ran pavement at Jennerstown for a few seasons!  So Yes Legend...I'm pretty sure he can make the race at Pittsburgh....and beat you at your home track as well!

I'll give you the MACS/NEWS wins but I can't remember him ever winning a STARS race.

I know Scotty Haus has multiple STARS wins.

#13 cubcadet31

cubcadet31

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:11 PM

im pretty sure he won a stars race at Cumberland but not positive

#14 Express Man

Express Man

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

Haus has one Stars win at Williamsgrove.  I think Rhodes has two at Cumberland.  

#15 Express Man

Express Man

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

And i think it should be pointed out also that this was never a Big Dollar team!  Allways family funded!  He is currently running a 2008 BLACK FRONT Rocket.  You know,,,those old outdated CARS THAT NO ONE WANTS ANYMORE!  Just sayin!

#16 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:24 PM

Yes he did!  And I beleieve that is his 20th point championship in his career!  Future Dirtlatemodel Hall of fame driver!  One of the best ever to strap in!  But wait...I forgot none of the Dog Hoillow guys could make the show at Pittsburgh????  Congratulations to the 83r.

He's one of the best local drivers in western PA for sure, but national DLM HoF? Not a chance in hell.

Edited by BaconBits, 22 August 2015 - 07:24 PM.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#17 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,420 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:34 PM

Scott Rhodes is a fine driver and used to come to Pittsburgh quite often, but never did very well there.

#18 Tommy

Tommy

• Members
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:23 PM

Rhodes won a Renegade race at Cumberland. First time I remember seeing him race was at Windber Stadium after challenger got rained out one night.

#19 Express Man

Express Man

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:32 PM

He's one of the best local drivers in western PA for sure, but national DLM HoF? Not a chance in hell.

Time will tell!  I think there are several other drivers in there with similar credentials.

#20 cubcadet31

cubcadet31

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:33 PM

express man id like to think that 20 championships and around 200 a main wins would get you into the HOF but I have no idea..I've been a fan of scotty since I was about 8 yrs old at windber...I think he's one of if not the best "local" racer in our area....and one of the better regional guys at a point in time..your right theyre not or never were to my knowledge a big dollar team...anyhow just happy to see him running better he had a couple off years at roaring knob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users