RamblinRandy's Content

There have been 6 items by RamblinRandy (Search limited from 19-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#454370 PA Driver Clate Husted - Is This His HAULER TRUCK..???

Posted by RamblinRandy on 26 November 2023 - 11:09 AM in Oh/Pa Message Board

When I was talking to Cale Yarborough this morning, Donnie Allison beeped in on the other line to ask me if I called it stuffing or filling.  While I had him on the line I asked him about this hauler.  He said Bodine thanked him for putting in the shag carpet - super comfy to sleep bare-ass on.  Donnie used to install flooring during the week and had some leftover that happened to match the theme.  Bobby said, "Knock yourself out."

You've got me trying to catch my breath that was so funny JohnnyHiddo..!   I will up your serving of humor with some eye candy... 

Best viewed with really banging stereo speakers and popcorn.  Special thanks to all the neighborhood youth who helped me get the big rig cleaned up...

https://rumble.com/v...nd-big-red.html

#454341 PA Driver Clate Husted - Is This His HAULER TRUCK..???

Posted by RamblinRandy on 17 November 2023 - 08:19 AM in Oh/Pa Message Board

Hey there how's the "digging" going on your shoe box of photos...?

I've been digging around in the Richmond area and found out my truck was used by "Rapid Ray Hendrick" for 2 years.  About to publish a video history of open haulers and still seeking photos of my hauler back in the day.

Ramblin Randy 

I'll dig it out for you soon, and email it to you.  

#454274 PA Driver Clate Husted - Is This His HAULER TRUCK..???

Posted by RamblinRandy on 16 October 2023 - 01:45 PM in Oh/Pa Message Board

I would be able to find it, but this site no longer allows me to post photos.

If you find it would you be so kind as to email it to me... tripple please :)

email is iloveoldclassics @ hotmail.com ( remove the spaces either side of @ symbol.

My website with all the history of my truck is at 

https://wowabunga.com/fun/bigred/

Thanks...!

Ramblin Randy 

#454271 PA Driver Clate Husted - Is This His HAULER TRUCK..???

Posted by RamblinRandy on 15 October 2023 - 11:44 PM in Oh/Pa Message Board

I may have a picture of the hauler at Port Royal from the 1970s that i took myself if I can find it.

Any luck finding a photo of the old hauler ....?  Thanks.

#454270 PA Driver Clate Husted - Is This His HAULER TRUCK..???

Posted by RamblinRandy on 15 October 2023 - 11:41 PM in Oh/Pa Message Board

Truck was Red Metalflake when Peck got it

Who installed the wall to wall red shag carpet all over the truck's interior...?   Ceiling and door panels all are red shag carpet...  very retro.   

#453158 PA Driver Clate Husted - Is This His HAULER TRUCK..???

Posted by RamblinRandy on 08 December 2022 - 01:07 AM in Oh/Pa Message Board

UPDATE:  Found a new prior owner in McClure Ford out of Troy Pa.  While being owned by Al McClure...  modified racing champion Geoff Bodine used the hauler briefly at the Shangri-La racetrack.  The McClure's bought the hauler out of Richmond Va in 1973 but they can't recall who they bought it from.

Waiting on a paper VIN request to be returned from the Richmond MVA.  Fingers crossed it will have some info as the trail has gone cold.