Sprints, Silver Crown, Midgets and IRL at Nazareth PA August 22-24, 2003

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Silvercrown90

Silvercrown90

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 05:48 PM

Firestone Indy 225 weekend at Nazareth Speedway in the beautiful Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania will be a 4 open-wheel series extravaganza! The second annual event, scheduled for August 22-24, features the USAC Weld Racing Silver Crown Series, USAC National Sprint Car Series, USAC National Midget Cars and the Indy Racing League IndyCar Series.

JJ Yeley tested his Steve Lewis midget a few weeks ago at the 1-mile oval. When it was all over, Yeley offered a look ahead for fans on the midget race. “For the fans, they are going to see one of the better races that come to this racetrack because the cars are small and they handle well enough that they are able to race two and three abreast. All three divisions (USAC) are going to be able to put on a good show and race side by side.” For additional information, log onto Nazareth Speedway’s web site, www.nazarethspeedway.com .

Johnny “Hot Rod” Heydenreich of Bloomsburg, PA will be the driver for the Sharon Bank USAC Silver Crown entry. Johnny comes off a strong 5th place in Silver Crown championship points in 2002, and is looking forward to the Nazareth show. In addition, there will be several entrants from Pennsylvania in all divisions.

If you are from Pennsylvania, this is a “not to miss” race event! If you do attend the show, please stop by the #90 pit and say “hello”! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail.

Sharon
USAC Silver Crown #90
mailto:sharon@johnnyheydenreich.comsharon@johnnyheydenreich.com
http://www.johnnyheydenreich.com
Posted Image
Photo courtesy of Michael Hill, Pikes Peak July 4, 2003

#2 Dr. Speedy

Dr. Speedy

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, pit crew, racing,racing ,racing, racing, wife

Posted 13 August 2003 - 03:03 AM

Originally posted by Silvercrown90:
Firestone Indy 225 weekend at Nazareth Speedway in the beautiful Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania will be a 4 open-wheel series extravaganza! The second annual event, scheduled for August 22-24, features the USAC Weld Racing Silver Crown Series, USAC National Sprint Car Series, USAC National Midget Cars and the Indy Racing League IndyCar Series.

JJ Yeley tested his Steve Lewis midget a few weeks ago at the 1-mile oval. When it was all over, Yeley offered a look ahead for fans on the midget race. “For the fans, they are going to see one of the better races that come to this racetrack because the cars are small and they handle well enough that they are able to race two and three abreast. All three divisions (USAC) are going to be able to put on a good show and race side by side.” For additional information, log onto Nazareth Speedway’s web site, www.nazarethspeedway.com .

Johnny “Hot Rod” Heydenreich of Bloomsburg, PA will be the driver for the Sharon Bank USAC Silver Crown entry. Johnny comes off a strong 5th place in Silver Crown championship points in 2002, and is looking forward to the Nazareth show. In addition, there will be several entrants from Pennsylvania in all divisions.

If you are from Pennsylvania, this is a “not to miss” race event! If you do attend the show, please stop by the #90 pit and say “hello”! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail.

Sharon
USAC Silver Crown #90
 mailto:sharon@johnnyheydenreich.comsharon@johnnyheydenreich.com
 Posted Image  
Photo courtesy of Michael Hill, Pikes Peak July 4, 2003

Hey, nice photo! Also I want to wish you the best of luck. My 52nd birthday is the 23rd of August!!!!!
Dr. Speedy

#3 Dr. Speedy

Dr. Speedy

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 06:35 AM

Hey, I forgot to ask you, have you ever raced at Eldora, or Winchester?

#4 Silvercrown90

Silvercrown90

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for the compliment on the photo! Yes, we have raced the dirt Silver Crown car in 2001 and 2002 at Eldora during the Four Crown Nationals traditionally held in September during the same weekend as the Mopar Million. Johnny Heydenreich also set a new 1-lap track qualifying record for USAC Sprint cars at the Eldora Speedway in 1997, and I also believe he ran a pavement sprint car at Winchester. He is entered in the Mopar Million in the #44 Greg Staab entry. Here's a picture of the dirt Silver Crown car at the Indiana State Fairgrounds this May:
Posted Image
Photo courtesy of Kenneth Plotkin

#5 Silvercrown90

Silvercrown90

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 08:12 AM

And Happy Birthday!! Have a great day! If you come out to the show, stop over to the #90 pit and say "hello".

Sharon
USAC Silver Crown #90

#6 Dr. Speedy

Dr. Speedy

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 05:40 AM

And Happy Birthday!!  Have a great day!  If you come out to the show, stop over to the #90 pit and say "hello".

Sharon
USAC Silver Crown #90

Hey, thanks a million for the BD wishes!
And don't be surprized if I stop in to your pit. We run at Eldora in a stock car #32 Tim Cornett and we are there any time we can be. I practically live there. I've been a sprint and Silver Crown fan since the 60's. Jack Hewitt lives here in Troy and I have known him since high school. His son Cody is racing sprints now. I wish somehow Earl could have fit The 4 Crown in this year, it's one of my favorites!

#7 Silvercrown90

Silvercrown90

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 06:56 AM

Sounds great! I know Jack from Silver Crown, and I met his wife Jody at Phoenix one year when we pitted next to them. My brother, Robin, was driving the cars then...it was probably March 2001. I have never met Cody, but I wish him the best of luck in sprints. I understand Jack may be making a comeback soon. Are you planning to be at the Mopar Million? Sharon

#8 Dr. Speedy

Dr. Speedy

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:35 AM

Sounds great!  I know Jack from Silver Crown, and I met his wife Jody at Phoenix one year when we pitted next to them.  My brother, Robin, was driving the cars then...it was probably March 2001.  I have never met Cody, but I wish him the best of luck in sprints.  I understand Jack may be making a comeback soon.  

Are you planning to be at the Mopar Million?

Sharon

Don't know for sure yet about the Mopar. But I'm gonna try. We may be racing that nite. I'll let ya know about that one later.
I heard that about Jack, haven't had a chance to talk to him yet.
Doc

#9 Dr. Speedy

Dr. Speedy

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 04:03 AM

Hey Sharon, Good luck this weekend. Hope it's a winning one, and a safe one. GO JOHNNY!! Dr. Speedy (Mac)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users