• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 sammie

sammie

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

come on now i can not believe you said out horse powered his suspension every one knows its all about the handling. Its all in the suspension parts like sliders and so on not motors.

#22 PonyBoy71

PonyBoy71

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

and whos running sliders??????

#23 sammie

sammie

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

I know one of the trucks i bought had them on it. I might be wrong but i don't believe they are going to make that big of handling advantage. But i think there going to be illegal so i will have to cut them off.

#24 sammie

sammie

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:00 AM

I think it would make the trucks look a lot better if they would let the trucks run spoilers like the mods and lot of classes it would not help that much but sure would look cool to see make it look more like a race car.

#25 underbird fan

underbird fan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

come on now i can not believe you said out horse powered his suspension every one knows its all about the handling. Its all in the suspension parts like sliders and so on not motors.

:lol: I said it !!! I don't race or build race cars or trucks so by no means I know what the heck you guys/girls are doing to get a competitive advantage but watching week after week I stand by what I said. The main thing is you don't go cheap on your safety equipment you may never have a chance to buy the good stuff again..

#26 Dr. Speedy

Dr. Speedy

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, pit crew, racing,racing ,racing, racing, wife

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

AMEN TO THAT UNDERBIRD!

#27 injunear

injunear

Early, Tenured Member

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:FAST race cars.... ummm,, errrr, really FAST 4 cylinder trucks!;

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

wOw... ALOT of views on this topic & others that are related!!!! just an observation.

The WildWon

#28 Hollywood1H

Hollywood1H

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Dirt Track Racing

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

Hey guys just my two cents........I drive for Jerry Butler in the 1h compact. This was my first year driving and only raced 7 or 8 races. Sure there are guys out there that dominate and there are others that are out there just going around in circles. Those guys that run up front in the compact class are damn good drivers and know their way around the track fast. Justin Durflinger, I a proud to know this kid. His dad is an open book when it comes to something about racing cars. And just love the stories sitting in the driveway waiting to get into the track. Harvy Yoder, Jordan Iiams, Cole Kuepfer, just to name a few. These guys are really nice people. And to the track champ Jeff Kimes, a super nice guy and let me tell you I don't mind eating dirt from there guys. I hope to kick up a little of my own dirt this next year as a payback, lol. But above all, safety is the number 1 issue. Winning is nice but having fun is also important. I have family and friends that have been to the track to see me race and most of them say, Damn u get to do this every weekend, u lucky sumbi#&h. And I smile and say yes........as long as it doesn't rain. But to put it into a normal form, these guys are good and I know that from a personal point of view, when they tap your bumper, hold your line and make the work to pass you. I can't wait till next year. The competition is great and the friendship even better...........

#29 injunear

injunear

Early, Tenured Member

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:FAST race cars.... ummm,, errrr, really FAST 4 cylinder trucks!;

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

Edited by injunear, 18 November 2011 - 06:07 AM.

The WildWon

#30 Dr. Speedy

Dr. Speedy

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, pit crew, racing,racing ,racing, racing, wife

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

Great way to look at it. Lots of folks will never experience what you are doing. It isn't all that expensive if you don't go to crazy with it. And you get to tell some great stories and make some good friends. You learn a lot in the pit, cause sometimes you gotta work on the dogone thing. and innovation is a big part of racing. Ya do what ya gotta do. Its fun!! I am with Tim Cornett on the #35 modified. I used to race, but I am on his crew. And we have a blast.

#31 Austin

Austin

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Racing is some peoples way of life. it's in their blood. Some people will do what it takes to win, while others will do what it takes to have a good time. In todays version of the sport, the first one is overpowering the second, being that more people are doing what it takes to win, which in turn causes less guys to have a good time. Like many have said, it's a money game. There needs to be a happy medium for this, otherwise truck counts will continue to go down.

#32 sammie

sammie

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

Austin i agree the truck count is down the last couple of races there was a few new trucks but how many of them will keep returning if they a laped in the feature. Alot of people say there racing for fun but nobody wants to be be lapped. So the big thing is what to do there is no easy answer i don't think the track wants to deal with the contraverce of a rules change nobody has a good solution to try and even the field a little . I've been doing this atleast 25 years they say it's in the handling i agree to a point. I'm just waiting to see what they do. There is no little motor up front they have done what it take to win. Thats racing!

#33 witness_24

witness_24

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Double Checkered let me get this straight you want people to pay for their parking spots and their pit passes up front every season? Yea that makes sense what happens when you guys cut the schedule and dont make up races? then what do u guys do?

#34 double checkered

double checkered

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

Witness, Read my post. Read the entire topic of post. I was only making an example of an extreme request by ANY track onto its competitors. This topic was started "pressing" those in charge to get the rules/schedule done. It was started less than 1 week after WRP had its banquet. At that banquet, Mr. Shobe and Mr. Kelly said they were working on schedule/rules but not to expect anything for a few weeks. I was just trying to let those people "pressuring" to see the other side with an extreme request. I was asking them to be patient. I started my post saying there was no truth to it and said that i was absolutely NOT speaking on behalf of WRP. Hopefully you're set straight now. Jeremy

#35 skip

skip

• Members
  • 5,987 posts
  • Interests:racing fan 45 years and hotdogs ,

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:18 AM

I was gonna explain it to him but i fiqured you would jump in on it.

skip

#36 sammie

sammie

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

I did not realize that some of you stay up real late. thats were the best comments come from that late night thinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users