PPMS Saturday 8/25- Special Sportsman/Cadet race

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

As some of you know my Dad passed yesterday at the age of 60 after a battle with cancer. Racing was his life so I want to put on a special show for him. The Late Model Sportsman will run 17 Laps in honor of my Dad for a minimum of $517 to win. Base PPMS purse plus lap bonuses, PPMS rules. No entry fees. Laboon Racing will pay a bonus to the leader of the last lap of $117. I'm looking for lap sponsors of $17 each for the remaining 16 laps, paid to the leader of that lap. Any additional sponsors after these are filled or corporate sponsors will get added to the top prize or spread throughout the field, depending on how much money I collect. I'll post the final payout next Saturday morning. If I can get sponsors for all 17 laps the winner can walk away with $789! If I can get enough money together I'd love to make it $1,017 to win. We'll see. You can pay me at the track Saturday in the stands, or via check in the mail. Payable to Vince Laboon, 3800 Sunview Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15227. My cell is 412-396-9138, email racer17v@yahoo.com should you have any questions. I appreciate the support, and look forward to putting together a great show for my Dad. As many of you know he raced from the 70's to mid 80's, sponsored and owned many cars, and helped myself and my brother Ben race in the emod and pure stock divisions. He would be thrilled to have a race named after him, so that's exactly what I am going to do. Vince Laboon

Attached Files

#2 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Lap 1- Cleetus Inc Lap 2- Foley Racing Lap 3- Slade Racing Lap 4- Slade Racing Lap 5- Stacie White Lap 6- Slade Racing Lap 7- Bryant Hank Lap 8- Marcie Barlow Lap 9- Rob Wozniak Lap 10- Slade Racing Lap 11- Charlier Racing Lap 12- Stacie White Lap 13- Paul Oyler Lap 14- Flash49 Lap 15- Damage Inc Racing Lap 16- Foley Racing Lap 17- Laboon Racing Gary Smith- $100 sponsorship Thanks.

Edited by Racer17L, 17 August 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#3 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

I just heard Vince..sorry for the loss,man you've had a rough week. and put up a lap sponsor from DamageInc Racing..

#4 6tixride

6tixride

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hey Vince, stop by our trailer Saturday. We'll sponsor a couple laps. Sorry for your luck last week. The looks of your roll cage, your lucky to be alive. I feel terrible that happened. We almost bought that car too. I'm sure your not to happy about that. Then your dad passing away:(... I couldn't imagine that happening the following week. Stay strong buddy!! You need anything let us know. Koteles racing

#5 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Wow- in 30 minutes I have 17 sponsors and a $100 donation! I will still take any $17 donation, or corporate sponsor, I just can't assign a lap for it. But I will mention you as contributing to the race in a program or within the final purse payout. Thanks!!!!! Assuming everyone pays me (will confirm next Saturday morning) the winner can now potentially pocket $400 purse, plus $406 in lap bonus money for a total of $806! I still have to decide on how to allocate Gary Smith's $100 bonus. Here is the standard purse- will beef it up as much as I can as the sponsors come in: 1* $400 2- $200 3- $130 4- $100 5- $95 6- $90 7- $75 8- $65 9- $60 10- $55 11- $50 12-16- $45 17-32-$40 Tow- $35

Edited by Racer17L, 16 August 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#6 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Thanks Gary! I'm still shocked it bent like that. I appreciate your kind words.

#7 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Okay guys I'll check on this later, have to do some family stuff now. Just let me know what amount you want to sponsor and I will ensure it gets added to the payout. Also would like the racers thoughts on how you want future sponsorships spread out- better to be top heavy or add to the minimum to start? Vince

#8 dirtL8MdlFan21&11

dirtL8MdlFan21&11

• Members
  • 3,174 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

sorry for your loss Vince, and glad you are okay after that ride you took

#9 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, BMX, Hunting, Hanging out with my family

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Okay guys I'll check on this later, have to do some family stuff now. Just let me know what amount you want to sponsor and I will ensure it gets added to the payout.

Also would like the racers thoughts on how you want future sponsorships spread out- better to be top heavy or add to the minimum to start?

Vince

just have an opinion on payout, for future references, it would probably make alot more of the drivers happy and bring more drivers in to pay throughout the field. rather than have a big dump from first to second and on back to tenth. i hear alot of guys saying unless they win it doesn't pay for them to travel. also very sorry to hear about all the bad luck. get back on the track and give'em hell.

#10 BRYAN

BRYAN

World's Greatest

• Members
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

just have an opinion on payout, for future references, it would probably make alot more of the drivers happy and bring more drivers in to pay throughout the field. rather than have a big dump from first to second and on back to tenth. i hear alot of guys saying unless they win it doesn't pay for them to travel. also very sorry to hear about all the bad luck. get back on the track and give'em hell.

Vince ill help out, shoot me a text.

#11 RmiT

RmiT

Race Fan

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

Okay guys I'll check on this later, have to do some family stuff now. Just let me know what amount you want to sponsor and I will ensure it gets added to the payout.

Also would like the racers thoughts on how you want future sponsorships spread out- better to be top heavy or add to the minimum to start?

Vince

I'm in for $17.00, Vince, but I won't be there, we have a club night at TVR, call me. My cell number should be in your phone, from when we parked next to you.

Racin', It's "Burgh" Thing...

Truth, Justice, and the American Way...
Wait, who the luck am I kidding???
This is RaceStud, ANYTHING goes, unless it fills Rick's INBOX... Then, POOF, you're gone!

TimR

#12 barker33

barker33

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Sorry for your loss Vince. Huchko and I will defiantly donate If you need anything let us know

#13 keith2j

keith2j

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Vince, Put K&B Towing in for $17.00

#14 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Major update! Spoke with Matt Miley. This will now be a Sportsman Showdown event starting at $700 to win, $100 to start PLUS the lap bonuses I already spoke of! AND it will be an open tire rule (not just Hoosier) The winner of this race will most likely walk away with over $1000 dollars. I have been overwhelmed with support today. I will update the purse once I have time to total it up. I really appreciate everyone's kind words about my Dad. Let's make this a special race. Spread the word!

#15 LM D42

LM D42

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

So sorry to hear about your dad Vince...and I'm glad your ok after that roll...my thoughts go out to you and your family from me and the entire dobnak racing crew Gus

#16 hankster28

hankster28

Race Fan

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Major update! Spoke with Matt Miley. This will now be a Sportsman Showdown event starting at $700 to win, $100 to start PLUS the lap bonuses I already spoke of! AND it will be an open tire rule (not just Hoosier) The winner of this race will most likely walk away with over $1000 dollars. I have been overwhelmed with support today. I will update the purse once I have time to total it up. I really appreciate everyone's kind words about my Dad. Let's make this a special race. Spread the word!

Well done Matt for bumping this deal up some more.

#17 Bandit33

Bandit33

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:favorite sport is racing...naturally... been going to races since around 1962...next comes hockey...Go Pens

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

Vince, first and foremost I'm really sorry to hear about your dad...condolences and prayers to the entire Laboon family...put me in for $17.00 also...I will see you at the track to get you the money

Edited by Bandit33, 16 August 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#18 Schwarty28s

Schwarty28s

Race Fan

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Vince, sorry for your loss....your family is in our thoughts and prayers...this was an awesome idea by doing this in memory of your Dad ....put Schwartzmiller motorsports down for 2 laps. The Schwartzmiller family

#19 schaefferoilguy

schaefferoilguy

Cool Newbie

• Member Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

If you get to $789, I make up the difference to get to $1017. Alan

#20 Schwarty28s

Schwarty28s

Race Fan

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

Open tire rule....sounds great... plus its an open show at mercer and dont really care to race in that, may give it a try. Nice work Vince

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users