42 replies to this topic

#21 SprintFun

SprintFun

Rick's Inspiration

• Members
  • 5,643 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars, Late Models

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Great seeing Danny Holtgraver and Gregg Satterlee having success outside of their home region. Those two are the future representing W PA for a while to come. On a personal note went to Attica for the first time, I was blown away can't wait to go back.

#22 roller rocker

roller rocker

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

cody hummel....won the pure stock points title at a.m.p in his first year in a stock car...

With a unlimited amount of $$$$ coming from the great clearfield county metal super dad loyd!

#23 sundance

sundance

• Members
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Satterlee and Holtgraver have had great years. If you were able to watch them develop you knew they had the ability. They have moved to the next level. The Larson kid is unbelievable. If given the opportunity he will be a star without question. I just hope NASCAR doesn't ruin him. The Zambotti kid has a lot of talent. He needs to settle down a little, but he was very impressive.

#24 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

With a unlimited amount of $$$$ coming from the great clearfield county metal super dad loyd!

money can't buy driving skills...kid earned it flat out

#25 1jkart

1jkart

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

he smashed his way to the front every week

#26 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Tommy S. in the 8 car @ PPMS has really impressed me. As has Alex F. in the lates.

#27 signman ed

signman ed

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:racing, nostalgia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

12 yr. old Jake Eucker so impressive! Other than that, nothing! The most miserable season I have ever endured around the track, period.

#28 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

if anything he got taken more then his fair share to and nobody ever said a word...haters gonna hate though cause he did in one year what a lot of guys still haven't don't in their whole career

#29 #1Cgeislerfan

#1Cgeislerfan

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,989 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

ill throw one out there that hasn't been mentioned.. Andrew Palker's dominating win at Lernerville at a track he only seen once before... and then setting fast time the next night at Mercer with the All-Stars and leading most of the race all but the last half lap. Also the consistency of Mat Williamson at Lernerville this year... 5 wins, never finishing worse than 4th... Rob Blairs 17 wins and 8 for 8 wins in July

#30 Jimmy Henry

Jimmy Henry

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

Cody Hardesty of Oakland, Md. has had a good year in Supers. 4 wins at Roaring Knob and 2 at Elkins, including a nice little $4k win in the RH Armstrong Memorial. A low-buck racer BURSTING with talent! Easy on tires and equipment and races you clean. A recent interview on Dirt on Dirt recognizes these accomplishments.

#31 thebigdueceduece

thebigdueceduece

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

maybe, but you can win a points championship but just showing up every week. there were a lot of cars that were better than him all year long. #4 biechner, #1* joiner, #73 lewis, #3 Surra. Idk much about lewis he won points at Hummingbird that's all I know. But, I know Biechner, Joiner, and Surra are successful everywhere they go. That to me is what proves a driver.

SS....id have to say locally, the Connors where dominating this year.

LM- Paul Kot with out a doubt. He does way more with so much less. Great driver.

#32 42w

42w

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

how about jake shady and tim krape. they are always fun to watch and both are good guys off the track . nate gramley in the 305s had some real good races this year too

#33 RocketChassis#1

RocketChassis#1

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

Jim Stephens two wins in the lates at PPMS, a career first LM win and following it up with a second. Plus several other good finishes. A lower buck team you won't find anywhere, hauls with and old ambulance and an open trailer. Runs an old "black frame" Rocket, with a many times rebuilt Malcuit, yet can run with the latest Rockets, with the latest Roush Yates, Draime, Malcuit, Corenet motors. Congrats on a great season.

#34 TheLegend

TheLegend

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

Jim Stephens two wins in the lates at PPMS, a career first LM win and following it up with a second. Plus several other good finishes. A lower buck team you won't find anywhere, hauls with and old ambulance and an open trailer. Runs an old "black frame" Rocket, with a many times rebuilt Malcuit, yet can run with the latest Rockets, with the latest Roush Yates, Draime, Malcuit, Corenet motors. Congrats on a great season.

I agree ! It's nice to see him running soo well.

#35 Paul55

Paul55

The MAN!!!

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Yup and a very nice guy also!Glad to see him do so well!

(TEAM 14g/CAMPING-Paul Duratz)

#36 THowe69

THowe69

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

it shows how well you know them guys. Why would they spend a fortune on a car he is in for one season? they put together that car with parts they had laying around.

#37 THowe69

THowe69

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

a

Obviously you were not there every week because he did not finish in the front every week or u were there and just not watching the skill he had on the track...if i remember correctly there were a few instances where 1..he was purposely put into the wall in one and two and then he was almost taken out at the flag stand after the checkered flag was waved ...all in all cody had a great year in his first year racing cars and just remember "u haters keep hating and cody and his well deserved crew will keep celebrating" u haters is what keeps him going strong... Thanks again for a wonderful year ;) ;) ;)

#38 racerxcrewchief

racerxcrewchief

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Racing Racing Racing Did I mention racing

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

My Son. For making my chassis set ups look better than what they were. He's made me a proud father.

There's always more speed!And you don't have to cheat to find it!

#39 ramey36

ramey36

Racer

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Oval track, Pro-Touring, drag racing, motorcycles, anything fast.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

My Son. For making my chassis set ups look better than what they were. He's made me a proud father.

^^^^^^^^^This is one of the things that makes our sport great.

I still have fond memories of my dad helping me wrench on my car. I wouldn't trade those times for anything.

ramey

Ramey Womer
womerracing.com
umipeformance.com

#40 WestPA LM Fan

WestPA LM Fan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Gotta say Gregg Satterlee picking up 2 outlaw wins. Huge accomplishment, for any driver. Locally Alex Feree really was on this year, fun to watch, always up front like 2006 or 07 all over again. Clean driver too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users