• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Long Time Racer

Long Time Racer

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Has anyone heard of what is happening with Motordrome?

#2 rocket15

rocket15

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

dirt will be added soon

#3 pabandit

pabandit

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

dirt will be added soon

Yeah, and Jennerstown is getting a NASCAR SPRINT CUP date in 2014... you heard it first here folks! :P

#4 racer02

racer02

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

They had a car show there in October and I noticed the real estate sign at the gate said "sold"..hopefully we'll be racing in '14 and the forseeable future. It gets old going through the uncertainty every single offseason. That surely doesn't help the car counts. And it will never be a dirt track again - get over it. There are enough dirt tracks in the area.

#5 rocket15

rocket15

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

yea dirt as in chevron gas well site

#6 nascarracer28

nascarracer28

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yeah that is what all u haters said last year and the year before that and the year before that, can u not think of some new material. Maybe to much dirt stuck between your ears. Grow up, we all need places to race, even asphalt racers, to many tracks closing the way it is. The more tracks open is better for everyone involved, racers and fans alike.

Edited by nascarracer28, 06 November 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#7 buddy

buddy

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

Just wondering if stan has paid all of the race teams,and all of the track employees yet.I know of a few employees that not been paid since the middle of august.As for the chevron gas well thing i work in the gas well industry and of today,chevron or any other companies have submitted any paperwork for a well at that location. Nearby yes but not at the track itself.

#8 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Just wondering if stan has paid all of the race teams,and all of the track employees yet.I know of a few employees that not been paid since the middle of august.As for the chevron gas well thing i work in the gas well industry and of today,chevron or any other companies have submitted any paperwork for a well at that location. Nearby yes but not at the track itself.

That would be the best thing ever for a Race track owner ! . at between $200 to $2000 per acre per month for the next 30 years !.. He could have a Nascar Event and not care about a profit ! Just having fun

#9 haught16

haught16

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm still owed $100, from August

Edited by haught16, 07 November 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#10 CNB Bank Raceway Park

CNB Bank Raceway Park

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

No uncertainty at CNB Bank Raceway Park in Clearfield. We'll be running 10 events and the Keystone Open in 2014. Schedule will be posted in the next few days.

Edited by CNB Bank Raceway Park, 07 November 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#11 nascarracer28

nascarracer28

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'm still owed $100, from August

If you were there the last night in august the track paid cash that night before we left for the week before and that night of racing.

#12 deadpush

deadpush

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

Has anyone heard of what is happening with Motordrome?

Who is the new owner?

#13 ramey36

ramey36

Racer

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Oval track, Pro-Touring, drag racing, motorcycles, anything fast.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

No uncertainty at CNB Bank Raceway Park in Clearfield. We'll be running 10 events and the Keystone Open in 2014. Schedule will be posted in the next few days.

Double triple LIKE.

Ramey Womer
womerracing.com
umipeformance.com

#14 racer02

racer02

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

Not sure if there's any truth to it, but someone on a Jennerstown speedway Facebook page said a meeting was taking place between Dave, Stan, and one of the Hemmingers regarding next season at Jennerstown. Again, just passing along what was said. Clearfield may end up with some competition from a ghost track rising from the dead in Jennerstown...

#15 fordblueoval

fordblueoval

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

It would be nice if the rumor is true and that both Jennerstown and Clearfield could cooperate with similar rules and classes. Like to see Stan be the promoter at Jtown again as it would be like old times. Schedule could be Jennerstown on Friday and Clearfield on saturday with Motordrome not even opening next year. Comments?

#16 racer02

racer02

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Not sure Jennerstown could work on Friday nights - actually I'm pretty sure that's a recipe for disaster. A lot of the guys who raced there lived pretty far from the track..it'd be really tough for them to get there on time for the races after work. Fans too - a lot of them live at least an hour away. Best case there would be Motordrome Friday, Jennerstown Saturday, and Clearfield Sunday (I think Clearfield would do better on Sundays anyway - those local fans will go to the dirt tracks Saturday nights). If those two can't work something out they'll cannibalize each other and both will fail. Motordrome DID sell and the new owners never said its closing, so plan on it being open until they make an announcement.

#17 racer02

racer02

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

And the latest regarding Jennerstown is that TWO groups have approached Dave Wheeler about running the track next year. The Stan/Hemminger pair and one who's name(s) have not been mentioned yet. It's great to see some interest in the track heating up - pavement racing isn't as hopeless as some have thought/hoped!

#18 haught16

haught16

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

And another thing, i paid cash for my Nascar license, i'd say in June or so, so the few times i ran in 2013, i ran on a "temp" paper type reciept they gave me, I still NEVER got my 2013 hard card?????(as i always have in the mail) ....so im curious if my $$ was ever turned in to Nascar or did they just "pocket" it????

#19 racer02

racer02

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

Motordrome is running next year, adding a crate late model division to their already crowded 5 division show. Kinda makes me wonder if this division is being created to help out with a potential Jennerstown revival...

#20 fordblueoval

fordblueoval

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

And the same crate late model division at Clearfield so that is looking good that a car owner/driver can afford to run at possibly all three tracks with the same rules. Yes, common sense does prevail.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users