• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 BLACKFLAG

BLACKFLAG

Race Fan

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Thought about it not a good question to ask.

Edited by BLACKFLAG, 02 January 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#2 SeaBass

SeaBass

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hugh Janus driver #0 I'm all for it

#3 CF53

CF53

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Edited by CF53, 02 January 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#4 SAMSUNG

SAMSUNG

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:RACING

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Talked to Billy Dickson, Jeremy Buck tonight and they both said they would go weekly if it were super late and the according pay the entire field.

#5 BLACKFLAG

BLACKFLAG

Race Fan

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Edited by BLACKFLAG, 02 January 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#6 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

Guys thanks for the reply.

Like I said current pay or very little increase

Thanks again

You will NEVER get ANY super late models to come for that hidious pay out or a very little increase. You have to pay if you want good cars, remember a few years ago when dog hollow lowered their pay for super lates? They lost more than half of their cars.

#7 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

I'm not contradicting the post, I'm simply stating that in order to open it up to super lates and to aquire any super lates the pay out has to be competitive or else you might as well take a knife to a gun fight.

#8 RocketRide

RocketRide

Race Fan

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

You will NEVER get ANY super late models to come for that hidious pay out or a very little increase. You have to pay if you want good cars, remember a few years ago when dog hollow lowered their pay for super lates? They lost more than half of their cars.

Not to mention the drivers mentioned probably dont have 800 or more horsepower,which you need to run there.

#9 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

I believe that Jeremy buck is running Dickson's PMI sb2.2 because they supposively run out of the same shop now and Billy Dickson switched to a roush yates/pmi ford engine this year. Both of those motors should be over 800 horsepower, but my information could be wrong so if anyone knows better feel free to correct me.

#10 BLACKFLAG

BLACKFLAG

Race Fan

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Edited by BLACKFLAG, 02 January 2014 - 10:05 PM.

#11 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Every year the cost of racing goes up and so does the insurance rates that tracks have to pay which drives up the cost at the gates and food stands. What blows my mind is that the pay outs never increase along with all of the other increases, you can't tell me that no-one can figure out a way to get the racers more money. How many years has hummingbird paid $600 to win, but yet how many times have the track related costs increased?

#12 T-440

T-440

A Sprint Car Dinosaur

• Members
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Every year the cost of racing goes up and so does the insurance rates that tracks have to pay which drives up the cost at the gates and food stands. What blows my mind is that the pay outs never increase along with all of the other increases, you can't tell me that no-one can figure out a way to get the racers more money. How many years has hummingbird paid $600 to win, but yet how many times have the track related costs increased?

If you are referring to admission increases, I can only remember them increasing the pit admission for the entire season one time from $20 to $25, and they have been $10 general admission as long as I can remember. Granted I've only been going there for about 8 years.

#13 Fwig

Fwig

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Ok now this is the second thread from BLACKFLAG on Hummingbird, and I quote "I'm not affiliated with the track in any way". If this is true, then why are you stirring the pot??? If you have no control of the purses or what classes they are running, then why get on here and want to know something that, in reality is not going to happen. All this sounds like to me is you are trying to get cars that support other tracks to come there, but don't want to do anything for them? The steel block, street stock, classes there are fine. If you want to add a class build one that AMP or MC is not running. If you want to open up the LM class then pay more, plain and simple. If not, bring in a regional LM series race or two and give your local guys an incentive to run with open LM's. JMO.

#14 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Fwig, this thread topic was my idea not black flag's. However, I can't speak for why he still only wanted to use the idea of opening to super late and not paying anymore or a very little increase. OPEN IT UP AND OPEN UP HUMMINGBIRD'S CHECK BOOK. the increased gate admissions and food costs was not targeted for hummingbird specifically, it was for all tracks in general.

#15 Fwig

Fwig

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

Punisher, I know you said about it. The fact is Louie makes a lot of money on his weekly shows. Hummingbird has had the best weekly crowds in the area. For the most part they put on an entertaining show for the price of admission. I don't blame them for not changing a thing for years, but now they have some competition and lost some of their regulars. With that said, I agree it's time to spend a little money to make money. Look SLM's have a lot of options every Saturday night, so it comes down to maximizing my winnings with very little damage and wear and tear on my equipment.

#16 BLACKFLAG

BLACKFLAG

Race Fan

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

Edited by BLACKFLAG, 02 January 2014 - 10:06 PM.

#17 Fwig

Fwig

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Nor do I care who you are, if your point is that the classes are fine, then why do you start these threads? That's my point.

#18 RocketRide

RocketRide

Race Fan

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

Nor do I care who you are, if your point is that the classes are fine, then why do you start these threads? That's my point.

Exactly,never even heard any of these people.do they even gi to the bird

#19 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

Exactly,never even heard any of these people.do they even gi to the bird

You never heard of Hugh Janus?

#20 plymouth-man

plymouth-man

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
  • Interests:car racing, motorcycles,the great outdoors!!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

They will never get super lates there for the 650 to win they are paying now, if you want them to come pay them decent!!

Mash the loud pedal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users