• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

Very few tracks in the country can hold 800 hp and this bullring in the middle of no where is supposedly one of them ?? The videos I seen looked like a cadet race and those cars have 800hp ????

#22 BFP92

BFP92

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

Ran into John Britsky yesterday at Lowe's and he said that if they raised the pay and opened it up that he would be there. He said that he really enjoys running on that track.

#23 Fwig

Fwig

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

Very few tracks in the country can hold 800 hp and this bullring in the middle of no where is supposedly one of them ?? The videos I seen looked like a cadet race and those cars have 800hp ????

And those are STEEL BLOCKS too! They will all come down to PPMS and lap the field! You know those steel block motors are producing way more horsepower the those junk high dollar aluminum motors you guys run down there!

#24 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

And those are STEEL BLOCKS too! They will all come down to PPMS and lap the field! You know those steel block motors are producing way more horsepower the those junk high dollar aluminum motors you guys run down there!

Those guys that don't have the 800hp it takes to run in the top 20 at the bird should come to ppms because ppms will rarely hold more than 600 hp especially in the feature ... There is some truth to the statement about iron blocks making more power but that was more an issue in the rodeck block days , the dart and brodix stuff is way better than the old junk. Plus the fact they don't have a spread bore iron block out yet so No the best steel block stuff is NOT making more power than the best aluminum stuff in 2014.

#25 RocketRide

RocketRide

Race Fan

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

You never heard of Hugh Janus?

WHO

#26 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Check yourself bud, no-one said that those hummingbird engines produced more horsepower than a high dollar aluminum motor. The statement made was that a steel block engine is capable of producing more horsepower than an aluminum engine, please watch and read posts carefully before you try to make a funny.

#27 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

Back to the topic on hand regardless of who has 800+ horsepower or who races at ppms against 10 cars every week. Three new drivers who say they would go if pay was increased. -britsky -dickson -buck

#28 SAMSUNG

SAMSUNG

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:RACING

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

new drivers who say they would go if pay was increased. -britsky -dickson -buck [/quote] -mike Butterworth confirmed

#29 Fwig

Fwig

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Check yourself bud, no-one said that those hummingbird engines produced more horsepower than a high dollar aluminum motor. The statement made was that a steel block engine is capable of producing more horsepower than an aluminum engine, please watch and read posts carefully before you try to make a funny.

Ok, now you use the word "capable" that's much better. I was just having some fun with all the nonsense. All this chatting is for not until Louie wants to change his LM purse and rules.

#30 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Right on, just look at these 4 drivers and let's say they have 5 pit guys each, that is 24 new people right there and who knows how many family members those people take with them to sit in the stands or the number of fans who will travel to see them. It's possible that 4 new drivers could bring along 30-50 extra people at the race track. You can justify better pay outs whenever your bringing in more people.

#31 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, BMX, Hunting, Hanging out with my family

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Not to mention the drivers mentioned probably dont have 800 or more horsepower,which you need to run there.

this isn't true at all

#32 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

paul kot won there with a 500hp motor and it was tired haha

#33 RocketRide

RocketRide

Race Fan

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

this isn't true at all

Inside joke, you see there are a few out there that really believe this

#34 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Inside joke, you see there are a few out there that really believe this

you are right haha

#35 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

Right on, just look at these 4 drivers and let's say they have 5 pit guys each, that is 24 new people right there and who knows how many family members those people take with them to sit in the stands or the number of fans who will travel to see them. It's possible that 4 new drivers could bring along 30-50 extra people at the race track. You can justify better pay outs whenever your bringing in more people.

I made this argument some time back on here and was corrected quickly stating that the "average" pit crew is 2-3 guys. valid point, and valid argument though none the less.

#36 powerplant

powerplant

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

louie made a comment last year that he would never run super lates because they are too hard on the track

#37 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

louie made a comment last year that he would never run super lates because they are too hard on the track

Now see that is funny because every year I hear from guys that race at hummingbird that when the orsich memorial runs the track is wider and smoother than any regular night. Could it be that guys are running higher lines, better tire selection, not blowing the tires off the car in the corners?

I've also heard that comment was made before, but now we are being told the track will listen to suggestions?

Which is it?

#38 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

That's also a good excuse to use rather than saying I don't wana pay.

#39 Fwig

Fwig

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Ok, those 950HP steel blocks just glide and float around that track not even taking the numbs off the tires while managing to keep the surface nice and smooth! I have to agree with the punisher, it is very funny. I will contact Louie next week and get you answers punisher.

#40 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Yeah really. You might as well can the limited lates and run crates only if that's the case. Won't the 40+ car field of micros do any damage to the track? Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users