• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ryanezek36

ryanezek36

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

Dog Hollow Speedway is having a grand re-opening party for the track on March 15th at the “Rustic Lodge” in Indiana. There will be food and a live band “The Lawn Darts”. Join us as we celebrate the reopening of Dog Hollow. *Tickets are now on sale* Ticket cost – $30, Proceeds are going towards new clay for this racing season. Go to Doghollowspeedway.net to order your tickest online. Tickets must be pre-ordered by March 5.

#2 the punisher

the punisher

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Dog Hollow Speedway is having a grand re-opening party for the track on March 15th at the “Rustic Lodge” in Indiana. There will be food and a live band “The Lawn Darts”. Join us as we celebrate the reopening of Dog Hollow.

*Tickets are now on sale*

Ticket cost – $30, Proceeds are going towards new clay for this racing season.

Go to Doghollowspeedway.net to order your tickest online.

Tickets must be pre-ordered by March 5.

Little late to be putting new clay down isn't it? You should take the raised money and bump the pay outs back up to what they used to be or even more. Don't be Jews.......

#3 BFP92

BFP92

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Little late to be putting new clay down isn't it? You should take the raised money and bump the pay outs back up to what they used to be or even more. Don't be Jews.......

I agree 100%

#4 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

Will sunhoney be there providing " party favors " ?

#5 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, BMX, Hunting, Hanging out with my family

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

Will sunhoney be there providing " party favors " ?

glory holes in the bathroom stalls will be attended by suhoney. haha

#6 Rusty_Nuts

Rusty_Nuts

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

JMO. It might be to late to add clay but I think it is the better idea. One of the main reasons that pushed drivers away from the track was the dust, tire wear etc... New clay would fix that and hopefully bring some drivers back. I look at it 2 ways. You can add the clay first, let the drivers come, make some money and then increase the pay. Or increase the pay, hope the drivers come, and then add the clay next year. I do NOT believe the drivers would stick around the speedway, no matter what the pay, if it continues to tear tires of the car every week. Then, there is no money to put back into the speedway if no cars show up. PLUS, I love the cause but I highly doubt they will make enough money at this benefit to increase the pay in their divisions on a consistent basis. To simply increase each positions pay by $30.00, in ONE division, is already $720.00 PER night. I cant imagine them making that amount of money in this benefit. Take what they earn, put on new clay, and let the drivers come back.

Edited by Rusty_Nuts, 22 February 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#7 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, BMX, Hunting, Hanging out with my family

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

new clay and a couple big good paying shows would make them some money.

#8 Fwig

Fwig

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Let me get this straight. This group wants to lease/operate a race track, and gets a lease, makes a bad PR move, and now is asking all of the fans out there to dig in their wallets to leverage other peoples money to invest so they can profit from it? Business 101: The first sentence in your business plan should be having the proper funding in place prior to starting, and an * stating, "If you don't have the proper funding, do not pass go and do not collect $200" So if I go and "donate" $30, is it tax-deductible? Will I get a receipt? Or are you offering a stock option to get a ROI?

#9 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Let me get this straight. This group wants to lease/operate a race track, and gets a lease, makes a bad PR move, and now is asking all of the fans out there to dig in their wallets to leverage other peoples money to invest so they can profit from it?

Business 101: The first sentence in your business plan should be having the proper funding in place prior to starting, and an * stating, "If you don't have the proper funding, do not pass go and do not collect $200"

So if I go and "donate" $30, is it tax-deductible? Will I get a receipt? Or are you offering a stock option to get a ROI?

Don't forget continues to cockoff at people for pointing out their bad PR move .... It the fella needs me to tell him to go get his throat pounded out in person I can do that ...

#10 BFP92

BFP92

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

JMO. It might be to late to add clay but I think it is the better idea. One of the main reasons that pushed drivers away from the track was the dust, tire wear etc... New clay would fix that and hopefully bring some drivers back. I look at it 2 ways. You can add the clay first, let the drivers come, make some money and then increase the pay. Or increase the pay, hope the drivers come, and then add the clay next year. I do NOT believe the drivers would stick around the speedway, no matter what the pay, if it continues to tear tires of the car every week. Then, there is no money to put back into the speedway if no cars show up. PLUS, I love the cause but I highly doubt they will make enough money at this benefit to increase the pay in their divisions on a consistent basis. To simply increase each positions pay by $30.00, in ONE division, is already $720.00 PER night. I cant imagine them making that amount of money in this benefit. Take what they earn, put on new clay, and let the drivers come back.

The problem with your theory is that when clay is put on this late it never binds and eventually starts coming up and creating a plowed field that tears equipment apart. Guys will definitely not come if that happens. Dog was still averaging 15-17 supers per night so I wouldn't worry about the surface.

#11 PennL8Fan

PennL8Fan

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

Donation Speedway to unveil its first segment of a brilliant state-first, long-awaited and much needed business model at this here hat-passin' shindig.

#12 Rusty_Nuts

Rusty_Nuts

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

The problem with your theory is that when clay is put on this late it never binds and eventually starts coming up and creating a plowed field that tears equipment apart. Guys will definitely not come if that happens. Dog was still averaging 15-17 supers per night so I wouldn't worry about the surface.

It would take more work but if they continue to dig it up and recirculate it every week, would it keep it from being a plowed field? The way you say it, it sounds like they just put it on and let it sit. Just curious

#13 Express Man

Express Man

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

Rather ovious at this point these guys have no financial backing???? Going to be interesting....to say the least!

#14 BFP92

BFP92

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

It would take more work but if they continue to dig it up and recirculate it every week, would it keep it from being a plowed field? The way you say it, it sounds like they just put it on and let it sit. Just curious

Typically they disc the surface deep and spread the new on top and mix it together then let it sit for the winter.

#15 hammer time

hammer time

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

I said this before all it needs is disc and prepared properly and the clay that is there will be fine . It has not been that long since that clay was put down it was never disc and never perpard .He would put water on at 5 and at 7 its race time and then you could not even see the race

#16 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Dog Hollow Speedway is having a grand re-opening party for the track on March 15th at the “Rustic Lodge” in Indiana. There will be food and a live band “The Lawn Darts”. Join us as we celebrate the reopening of Dog Hollow.

*Tickets are now on sale*

Ticket cost – $30, Proceeds are going towards new clay for this racing season.

Go to Doghollowspeedway.net to order your tickest online.

Tickets must be pre-ordered by March 5.

Since you will be using the proceeds from the event to purchase clay, can guests pay using $30 worth of clay instead of money?

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#17 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

The last thing Dog Hollow, or any other track for that matter, needs is fly by night leadership with no money. And it's becoming abundantly clear that's what's happening. What makes it worse is that not only is there no money, there is also a complete lack of class or knowledge of the sport.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#18 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

The last thing Dog Hollow, or any other track for that matter, needs is fly by night leadership with no money. And it's becoming abundantly clear that's what's happening. What makes it worse is that not only is there no money, there is also a complete lack of class or knowledge of the sport.

The real problem is the radical leftism that's attacking this country . Thanks to liberals less people have money to race so you have a smaller supply of cars. Less cars means less tracks are needed .

#19 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Triple XXX needs to build a late model and sell them at Walmart. Then we could spend less and live better. :D

#20 Express Man

Express Man

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Triple XXX needs to build a late model and sell them at Walmart. Then we could spend less and live better. :D

Then they would be made overseas. With "Sweatshop" labor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users