• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

During the autograph session tonight I over heard officials talking about their may not be one this year, has anyone else heard rumors?

#2 Davesr14g

Davesr14g

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

Was talking to a friend last night at the track about it and wished i could change it to pgh wounded warrior 100 and go out to co. and others to make it the biggest race for them and have all vets come in free and have some displays of army navy air force and marianes there with maybe a fly over from oakdale. Make it the place to be  with news media and even side shows for there kids so they will want to come early ccamp out spend time with the racing groups and just have a great time. But its just a thought of what it should be in my mind but hell i'm old and slowing down.

#3 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

I think some old fashioned promoting is called for .... Start by calling everyone who has ran a Pittsburgh the last 10 years and find out what it would take to get them all back ... If you get cars the fans will come...

#4 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

And find some
Local bands that will play free to recreate the party atmosphere that's been missing .....

#5 Paul55

Paul55

The MAN!!!

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

It is off the schedule just says the pittsburgher dates nothing about purse so who knows!Kennedy really screwed a bunch of tracks and teams that committed to his ndrl!

Edited by Paul55, 07 July 2014 - 06:14 PM.

(TEAM 14g/CAMPING-Paul Duratz)

#6 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

First off you should be thanking him for attempting to have another series out there. Im glad I got to experiance the Pittsburgher last yr as it use to be back 10yrs ago. If it wasnt for him, we would have never gotten to have another huge event. that will be the last time you will ever see bloomer back at ppms!

#7 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

"ever see bloomer back at ppms!"

I hope your not right about that !

There was a Martian Peeing in the Mens Room Last week  at PPMS

Edited by DavyLee2, 07 July 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#8 George Costanza

George Costanza

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

First off you should be thanking him for attempting to have another series out there. Im glad I got to experiance the Pittsburgher last yr as it use to be back 10yrs ago. If it wasnt for him, we would have never gotten to have another huge event. that will be the last time you will ever see bloomer back at ppms!

Thank him for what?  Pulling the plug and screwing up tracks/drivers schedules?  Yeah, seems like a hell of a guy.  There was never a need for another touring series out there, seemed like some sort of get rich scheme to me...

#9 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

I feel pretty bad for PPMS in all of this. They had the Pittsburgher dropped back in their laps halfway through the season. They got snookered by the NDRL just like everybody else did. It's a little late in the game to come up with some kind of big fantastical race and expect it to be supported well by fans or racers.

Edited by BaconBits, 07 July 2014 - 10:32 PM.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#10 starboyshady

starboyshady

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

There is 3 months left to promote it and it could be as "Big"as it was last year ..... The Ndrl came in there last year and promoted it back from the dead, there is no reason why it can't be bigger this year .... Just my 2 pennys , but it is the truth.

#11 Miley Motor Sports

Miley Motor Sports

Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • Interests:Racing every Sat night April thru September
    Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
    PPMS, Dirt's Monster Half Mile, Racing every Sat Apr-Sept
    Home of the LOLMS Pittsburgher 100 & ASCOC Steel City Sprint Monster
    412-279-RACE www.ppms.com ppms@ppms.com

https://www.facebook.com/PittsburghsPennsylvaniaMotorSpeedway
    TWITTER @PAMotorSpeedway

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

As always, Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway is wiling to listen to any offers from any Big race promoters or National Series, including leasing the facility. It's a bit late in the game for 2014, but that's not all bad, regional racers who support Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway week in and week out will take home the regional purse money.
Lots of great racing left at Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway in 2014.

Sprints $2,000 to win this Sat July 12, 20 laps!

Herb Scott Memorial 30 laps, $3,000 to win Sat July 19!

#12 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

You may want to look for lap/ position sponsors like you have for past events. People may be more receptive to that considering the situation .

#13 Paul55

Paul55

The MAN!!!

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:58 AM

All he did was screw a bunch of tracks and promoters and race teams. What he tried was nice but the way he ended was a dick move

(TEAM 14g/CAMPING-Paul Duratz)

#14 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

Spending other people's money to perpetuate the fraud that you are
Some big time mega successful businessman .. Yeah we should all thank him. ... Watch America Greed and you will see tons of dudes just like that

Edited by The Legend, 08 July 2014 - 07:53 AM.

#15 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

care to tell us a bit more on to how the ndrl used others people money??

#16 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

No I don't care to explain . When things appear too good to be true a vast majority
Of the time they are .. Watch American Greed .... Watch what those guys do to create an " image "

#17 Squirrely Hilly

Squirrely Hilly

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

It would seem that the ownership of PPMS was using someone elses money to have a big show at their track.  Wasn't Kennedy leasing the track and paying the purse?   Even though it was a good crowd last year and good drivers, the race couldn't have been a financial success last year or they wouldn't have changed the date.     This is what happens when you let a race die, and they expect someone else to front the purse to build it up again.   Anyone that would attempt what Kennedy did there is a damn fool IMO and asking to lose tens of thousands.

#18 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

That's not at all what I was saying..... It has nothing to do with the Miley's . Watch American greed , watch how eaisly those guys blow investor money ... All to create and maintain an image ... That can't be sustained and intimately comes crashing down... Like happened last week. Actually happened way before that. Use common sense and run numbers. Anyone can see that trying to create a mega series to put the WOO under would require being able to sustain several years of heavy losses to maybe best case get to a break even point. Doing this would require a vast personal fortune to be willing to blow money on a concept that's break even at best. Guys with that kind of money have articles written about them in the Wall Street journal ... Currently there's one such man and his name is Forrest Lucas.

#19 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

That's not at all what I was saying..... It has nothing to do with the Miley's . Watch American greed , watch how eaisly those guys blow investor money ... All to create and maintain an image ... That can't be sustained and intimately comes crashing down... Like happened last week. Actually happened way before that. Use common sense and run numbers. Anyone can see that trying to create a mega series to put the WOO under would require being able to sustain several years of heavy losses to maybe best case get to a break even point. Doing this would require a vast personal fortune to be willing to blow money on a concept that's break even at best. Guys with that kind of money have articles written about them in the Wall Street journal ... Currently there's one such man and his name is Forrest Lucas.

And Forrest Lucas has no interest in petty beefs with WRG. Rumor has it they're actually going to work together on some things next year. He didn't become so rich letting feelings get in the way of him making money.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#20 turducken

turducken

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

I think some old fashioned promoting is called for .... Start by calling everyone who has ran a Pittsburgh the last 10 years and find out what it would take to get them all back ... If you get cars the fans will come...

miley hasn't worked since he took the place over why start now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users