• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Ring Gear

Ring Gear

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Not Many..

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

Can anybody stop these two?  I don't think anyone can put a whoopin on these guys.

Nice to see Mark Richards and his House Car take a back seat for a change.   Never liked that 

operation.

Parts are a big part of their business and the Saturday night racers are the ones who put the most

money into that business in my opinion.

The little guy asks "How can I go Faster" ?     Well, you need this or you need that scenerio.

This is all just my opinion based on personal experience.   I could be right and I could be wrong.

They do seem to be losing a little bit of the Market Share but they still sell a lot of cars.

Anyone else have an opinion on this subject?   I always like to see how far off I am on a subject, right

or wrong.

#2 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

I don't know why you think they've lost market share. There's no basis for that. If anything, they've actually increased it.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#3 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

The guys buying club 29/black diamond cars are the premium customers who would have otherwise been buying tricked out rockets from mark. I don't think those are enough to significantly effect rocket sales buy josh not being out there winning races in that house car is not good for business no
Matter how you look at it.

#4 Fwig

Fwig

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Rockets are better served aggressive! With no disrespect to Eckert, but he is still driving like an owner. Rick finishes races first, and is always a top five threat. Richards has a very good/aggressive driver right under his nose working for him. JMO

#5 Ring Gear

Ring Gear

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:37 PM

Fwig your right on with your remark about who should be in that House Car.   Agree 100%.

A little food for thought about Rockets share of the market and where we think they stand.  They still sell the most cars but just not as many. 

This years World 100 taken from the 115 pre entries.

47 of the 115 pre entries were going to be in Rockets.

Of the 12 heat race winners, only 4 were in Rockets.

4 B Mains and 3 out 4 winners were in Rockets the other winner was in a Capital.

The 2 feature winners...  McDowell in a Warrior

Owens in a Club 29

Out of the 18 races [ Heats, B-Mains, A-Mains ] 7 were won by Rockets.

I would like to find some pre entry lists for a few previous years to have something to compare to.

Go get em Satterlee, Ziegler, Hodgkiss, and Gray tonight.  Good Luck 

I do believe that  Longhorn,  Bloomquist,  Club 29,  Black Diamond,

Capital,  Pierce,  Warrior,  Victory Circle,  MBH  and a host of others

when combined surely has put a dent in Rockets sales.

How many and how much is anyones guess  There have been a lot of builders who 

have come on board in the last 2 or 3 years or so and that must have an impact on

Rockets sales when they are all added together.

I also believe there have been quite a few Mid West racers who have jumped ship also.

These are just my assumptions and I really don't know what could be taken for fact.

Edited by Ring Gear, 05 September 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#6 BaconBits

BaconBits

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

Fwig your right on with your remark about who should be in that House Car.   Agree 100%.

A little food for thought about Rockets share of the market and where we think they stand.  They still sell the most cars but just not as many. 

This years World 100 taken from the 115 pre entries.

47 of the 115 pre entries were going to be in Rockets.

Of the 12 heat race winners, only 4 were in Rockets.

4 B Mains and 3 out 4 winners were in Rockets the other winner was in a Capital.

The 2 feature winners...  McDowell in a Warrior

Owens in a Club 29

Out of the 18 races [ Heats, B-Mains, A-Mains ] 7 were won by Rockets.

I would like to find some pre entry lists for a few previous years to have something to compare to.

Go get em Satterlee, Ziegler, Hodgkiss, and Gray tonight.  Good Luck 

I do believe that  Longhorn,  Bloomquist,  Club 29,  Black Diamond,

Capital,  Pierce,  Warrior,  Victory Circle,  MBH  and a host of others

when combined surely has put a dent in Rockets sales.

How many and how much is anyones guess  There have been a lot of builders who 

have come on board in the last 2 or 3 years or so and that must have an impact on

Rockets sales when they are all added together.

I also believe there have been quite a few Mid West racers who have jumped ship also.

These are just my assumptions and I really don't know what could be taken for fact.

Just. Stop. Talking. You sound like an absolute retard who doesn't know anything about late model racing.

Longhorn has picked up some racers this year. The only ones that left Rocket to go to them were Benedum and Zeigler. They're definitely on the rise, though.

Bloomquist is no longer mass producing cars. The guy who was building them for Scott left and became a Rocket distributor. At the beginning of the season, most of Team Zero left. Jimmy Owens went to Black Diamond/Club 29. Brady Smith, Eric Wells, Rick Eckert, Eric Jacobsen and Terry Phillips all went to... Rockets.

Club 29 and Black Diamond cars are the same. It's a Club 29 if you get it from Darrell Lanigan, it's a Black Diamond if you get it from Jimmy Owens or Ronnie Stuckey. They're also on the rise, but Tony Jackson Jr. has already given up on them and gone back to Rocket. They're also kind of exclusive, much like Bloomquist. Lanigan is trying to limit numbers of them out there.

Capital has maybe 20 cars out there, and that's a stretch. The only real name drivers that are in them are Shane Clanton and most recently, Ray Cook (who left Mastersbilt to get into them). Casey Roberts got out of his to go to Longhorn. Fuller got out of his and went back to Rocket.

Pierce isn't really any kind of popular outside of the midwest.

Warrior as exactly one name driver in their cars, and that's McDowell. They had T-Mac, but they lost him back to Rocket.

Victory Circle has lost just about everybody they had too. They have one big time driver left, Bub McCool, and he doesn't travel much any more. They're real popular on the west coast, though.

MBH is slowly picking up steam, but they're still very much a regional thing.

The "host of others"? You mean MastersBilt (who have lost every major driver they had)? Rayburn (who made all sorts of noise to start the year, but all the hype led to nothing. They're still not selling any cars)? GRT (who sell tons of mods... but very few late models)? Barry Wright (who do actually seem to be picking up some steam.. having Don O'Neal in your cars helps a bunch)?

More Midwestern drivers have gotten INTO Rockets than anything. It helps that Terry Phillps, Brady Smith, Bill Frye and Jimmy Mars are Rocket distributors.

Rocket is the ONE chassis manufacturer who has distributors and drivers from coast to coast. There are literally thousands of them out there compared to everybody else.

I get that you don't like Mark Richards. That's okay, he can be kind of an asshole. But if you think he isn't still making money hand over fist and selling hundreds of cars a year, you clearly aren't paying attention.

Edited by BaconBits, 05 September 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#7 speedster101

speedster101

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:titties & beer

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Just. Stop. Talking. You sound like an absolute retard who doesn't know anything about late model racing.

Longhorn has picked up some racers this year. The only ones that left Rocket to go to them were Benedum and Zeigler. They're definitely on the rise, though.

Bloomquist is no longer mass producing cars. At the beginning of the season, most of Team Zero left. Brady Smith, Eric Wells, Rick Eckert, Eric Jacobsen and Terry Phillips all went to... Rockets.

Club 29 and Black Diamond cars are the same. It's a Club 29 if you get it from Darrell Lanigan, it's a Black Diamond if you get it from Jimmy Owens or Ronnie Stuckey. They're also on the rise, but Tony Jackson Jr. has already given up on them and gone back to Rocket. They're also kind of exclusive, much like Bloomquist. Lanigan is trying to limit numbers of them out there.

Capital has maybe 20 cars out there, and that's a stretch. The only real name drivers that are in them are Shane Clanton and most recently, Ray Cook (who left Mastersbilt to get into them). Casey Roberts got out of his to go to Longhorn. Fuller got out of his and went back to Rocket.

Pierce isn't really any kind of popular outside of the midwest.

Warrior as exactly one name driver in their cars, and that's McDowell. They had T-Mac, but they lost him back to Rocket.

Victory Circle has lost just about everybody they had too. They have one big time driver left, Bub McCool, and he doesn't travel much any more. They're real popular on the west coast, though.

MBH is slowly picking up steam, but they're still very much a regional thing.

The "host of others"? You mean MastersBilt (who have lost every major driver they had)? Rayburn (who made all sorts of noise to start the year, but all the hype led to nothing. They're still not selling any cars)? GRT (who sell tons of mods... but very few late models)? Barry Wright (who do actually seem to be picking up some steam.. having Don O'Neal in your cars helps a bunch)?

More Midwestern drivers have gotten INTO Rockets than anything. It helps that Terry Phillps, Brady Smith, Bill Frye and Jimmy Mars are Rocket distributors.

Rocket is the ONE chassis manufacturer who has distributors and drivers from coast to coast. There are literally thousands of them out there compared to everybody else.

I get that you don't like Mark Richards. That's okay, he can be kind of an asshole. But if you think he isn't still making money hand over fist and selling hundreds of cars a year, you clearly aren't paying attention.

That was almost like reading a history book

#8 smokin66

smokin66

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

I'm surprised Jarred hasn't got a shot yet. He's more aggressive yet doesn't tear up to much equipment.

#9 Ring Gear

Ring Gear

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:29 PM

BaconBits... I am sorry that the meaning of the word assumption as used in my LAST sentence in that post might have you a little confused.

I guess my post really jerked your chain because of myself making light of all the new builders and how

that might impact Rockets sales.

I don't believe I said anywhere where Mark Richards wasn't making money or not selling a lot of cars.

Gee, I think I did say that all the combined chassis builders surely put a dent in Rocket sales and it was anyones guess as to " How Many "  That guess could be anywhere from 1-1000.

I don't think I implied anywhere that they would put Rocket out of business. I do wish they would though.

I threw out some stats on Thursday's results showing that it was not total Rocket domination as some people like yourself might like.  I'm just ASSUMING that.  

I haven't been a Mark Richards or a Rocket fan since Mark decided to leave Rodney Combs and WRC

" Winning Race Cars "  to start his own deal. "Rocket Race Cars".  Many moons ago.

I am a retard who doesn't know anything about LM racing.   It seems, I guess that since you know what every driver is running for a chassis and for how long that this makes you an expert on the subject.

I have been around Late Model Racing since Larry Moore was king.[ 3 World 100's ]  Jeff Purvis was one of the best in a Dirt LM until injuries forced him out.

Had the oppurtunity to work with Moore for just 1 week and found out he was one of the most smartest men I had ever met when it came to Dirt Late Models.  Try reading his new book.  He is at Eldora this week signing his book.

Had the pleasure of doing a little for Jack Hewitt.  The only guy to win all 4 races in the 4 Crown Nationals.

Was introduced to him in Florida during Speed Weeks and just so happened he needed a hand for a couple of days.  Great experience although I was more or less just a gopher.

My list goes on and on, how about yours?   I just don't want to bore people on here with my escapades.

So I think you might want to think  before taking a whole bunch of things out of perspective or what ever and implying that they are a retard.   Have a good day my friend.

Peace  :) 

I'm still a Gregg Satterlee fan.  Been one since his 4cyl days.  If it wouldn't be for Robby

Allen I wonder if he would still be in a Rocket?  Might have to ask him that.

Edited by Ring Gear, 06 September 2014 - 01:11 AM.

#10 Paul55

Paul55

The MAN!!!

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:44 PM

BaconBits... I am sorry that the meaning of the word assumption as used in my LAST sentence in that post might have you a little confused.

I guess my post really jerked your chain because of myself making light of all the new builders and how

I don't believe I said anywhere where Mark Richards wasn't making money or not selling a lot of cars.

Gee, I think I did say that all the combined chassis builders surely put a dent in Rocket sales and it was anyones guess as to " How Many "  That guess could be anywhere from 1-1000.

I don't think I implied anywhere that they would put Rocket out of business. I do wish they would though.

I threw out some stats on Thursday's results showing that it was not total Rocket domination as some people like yourself might like.  I'm just ASSUMING that.  

I haven't been a Mark Richards or a Rocket fan since Mark decided to leave Rodney Combs and WRC
" Winning Race Cars "  to start his own deal. "Rocket Race Cars".  Many moons ago.

I am a retard who doesn't know anything about LM racing.   It seems, I guess that since you know what every driver is running for a chassis and for how long that this makes you an expert on the subject.

I have been around Late Model Racing since Larry Moore was king.[ 3 World 100's ]  Jeff Purvis was one of the best in a Dirt LM until injuries forced him out.

Had the oppurtunity to work with Moore for just 1 week and found out he was one of the most smartest men I had ever met when it came to Dirt Late Models.  Try reading his new book.  He is at Eldora this week signing his book.

Had the pleasure of doing a little for Jack Hewitt.  The only guy to win all 4 races in the 4 Crown Nationals.
Was introduced to him in Florida during Speed Weeks and just so happened he needed a hand for a couple of days.  Great experience although I was more or less just a gopher.

My list goes on and on, how about yours?   I just don't want to bore people on here with my escapades.

So I think I might want to think twice before taking a whole bunch of things out of perspective or what ever and implying that they are a retard.   Have a good day friend

You know what??  I don't even know why I wasted my breath.......

and when Richards left he basically took a Bullitt car and changed somethings and called it a rocket!

(TEAM 14g/CAMPING-Paul Duratz)

#11 Ring Gear

Ring Gear

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

Not really your 1st rodeo either Paul55.   And poor old CJ never seemed to get credit for the 4 bar rear suspension.   Am I right or wrong ?

You know what they say about the wood pile and someone hiding in it.

Edited by Ring Gear, 06 September 2014 - 12:31 AM.

#12 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,314 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

RG sir, you asked in your first post, am I right or wrong?  If you didn't want commentary on your opinion, you shouldn't have said that.  (Not that folks wouldn't comment anyhow).  You know what they say about leaving a certain room when you can't stand the heat.

#13 BaconBits

BaconBits

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

So I think you might want to think  before taking a whole bunch of things out of perspective or what ever and implying that they are a retard.   Have a good day my friend.

Peace  :) 

I'm still a Gregg Satterlee fan.  Been one since his 4cyl days.  If it wouldn't be for Robby

Allen I wonder if he would still be in a Rocket?  Might have to ask him that.

All of that writing and all youve proven is that you might have understood what was going on in late model racing 20+ years ago. None of that is even close to relevant to what you're trying to get across. All you needed to say is "I don't like Mark Richards" and that's literally it. Everything else you've posted on this subject is pure drivel.

#14 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

Gregg Satterlee was winning in a Rocket well before Robbie Allen became his crew chief.

He started in a Warrior but didn't take long to get in the Rockets. But I'm sure you knew that.......

And I'm sure this will get some juvenile response from you but to wish for someone to go out of business which would put quite a few employees including some local Western Pa guys that work there out of a job shows how ignorant you truly are.

#15 Ring Gear

Ring Gear

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

flash49, you are correct, I did ask for commentary on my opinions, but what I really
did not expect was being labled a absolute retard for forming and stating my opinions
on this board.

By posting this maybe I was just asking for it, who knows? I do try to relay the fact
that these are just my opionions so as not to draw anyone else into a "debate" that
might offend someone.

This also lets me be open minded to the point that I might learn something new.

Like I said before, a lot of my opionions are NOT based on fact but are just
assumtions on my part.

Maybe if BaconBits would have left out the 1st. sentence of his reply then maybe I
could have taken it as a learning experience and thanked him for enlightening me.

Also I would like to say that I may be a little long winded when it comes to my poating
but that is just my nature and that probably will annoy some people and others will not
mind.

It looks like this one is headed in that direction also. Because things in my
situation are beyond my control I have a lot more time on my hands to compose these
monsters.

I do enjoy this board and the discussions it brings up and I really enjoy posting here.

But by doing so if people find my posts are that aggravating maybe I should move to
another board or just tell folks that if they see Ring Gear attached to a post just
move on and not open it.

I'm not done yet, so you'll probably see another post shortly.

If there is anyone on this board who I would like to see post more it would be
"The Legend". Look past the really off color remarks and that guy can be down right
funny..

Have yet to see his results from last night and hope things worked out well for him.

If not, just chalk it up to one expensive learning experience.

#16 Ring Gear

Ring Gear

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

D1RT, Mighty admirable of you to have never held anyone in such contempt your whole
life. How did you manage to keep such high standards??

OK, I'm done with this " PISSING " contest.

Have a wonderful day.

#17 BUDWEISER75

BUDWEISER75

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

What chassis does jackie boggs run?

Dirt...i like it

#18 Ring Gear

Ring Gear

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

What chassis does jackie boggs run?

Jackie has been in a Swartz car and has been doing well with it.
Especially at Portsmouth,OH.

He skipped the Thursday portion of the World and I have not seen his
results for last night and I would imagine he is still in one of Audie's
cars.

Since Jackie is a pretty big guy I would venture to say he is in a Swartz
Xtreme w/ the raised cage, wider window opening etc.

I don't know if this had any bearing on his decision to run a Swartz or
not.

I don't know what brand chassis he has been running when he goes Modified rracing.

Just checked - 13th fastest overall, 120 cars. Starts 4th in 1st heat.

Edited by Ring Gear, 06 September 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#19 MBRLLC

MBRLLC

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

Jackie has been running a Swartz pretty much his whole career.

#20 BUDWEISER75

BUDWEISER75

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

Wow see now this is how racestud should be, I asked a simple question and got great feedback without smartass remarks thanks guys....;-)

Dirt...i like it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users