• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 a2bstrategies

a2bstrategies

Cool Newbie

• Member Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:12 PM

NASCAR driver Jimmy Weller will visit Butler County Community College (BC3) in Butler, Pa., on December 10, 2014 to speak to audiences about his experiences racing at NASCAR’s top levels.  Weller will be joined by Jason Miller from SS Green Light Racing, who serves as Weller’s crew chief in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series.  The pair will spend two hours speaking to students and audience members about their experiences in NASCAR, the technology behind the sport and answer questions in a Q&A session. 

“I’m really excited to speak with the audiences at Butler County Community College,” commented Weller.  “It can be difficult to know exactly what you want from life when you’re 18 years old. However, I’m hoping that we will be able to inspire these kids to follow their dreams, and fight for their future when they face adversity.  NASCAR is an extremely technical sport and it takes a lot of work to succeed, so hopefully we will be that extra bit of motivation to help them get through their fall semester.”

When racecar driver Jimmy Weller sustained critical injuries in a United States Auto Club (USAC) heat race nearly 10 years ago, it wasn’t immediately clear that the driver would be able to walk again, let alone be able to race again.  After spending two weeks in a coma, Weller defied all odds as he walked out of the hospital just seven weeks after the accident.  Today, he’s back to realizing his dream as a professional racecar driver as he climbs the NASCAR ranks.  With a comeback story of the ages where struggle eventually gives way to triumph with the help of hard work, determination and faith, Weller looks to share his story with youth across America. 

“Whenever I speak to groups, my accident always somehow comes up,” Weller continued.  “However, I don’t mind talking about it because it can be such a motivating story.  I overcame a lot to get to where I am today, but it’s because I was so focused on my goals.  I hope that I can encourage young people to put in the work that it requires to achieve their goals, too.”

Weller’s name will likely be familiar to audience members in the Succop Theater on December 10th.  The NASCAR driver spent many weekends racing at nearby Lernerville Speedway in Sarver, Pa., over the last 15 years.

Tickets for the December 10th event at Butler County Community College featuring Jimmy Weller and Jason Miller are $34 for regular admission, and $19 for students under age 18.  Tickets may be purchased by calling (724) 431-4622, or online at bc3.edu/nascar.  The program runs from 7 to 9 p.m. EST in the Succop Theater, with doors opening at 6 p.m. EST.

Attached File  IMG_5807.JPG   192KB   0 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jimmy Weller, NASCAR, Camping World Truck Series, Nationwide Series

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users