• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

I agree, that looks good, but to me if you want that you can build it. If someone else wants theirs to look like a late model, let them. It's not as big of a deal as everyone makes it. If you know race cars, you know which cars are in which class. The fans that don't know race cars typically have no clue what the difference between classes is anyway. They just see cars on a track. If you build a nice stock body you'll get a pile of compliments that you wouldn't get if everyone had the same.

#42 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,449 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

In my opinion, this is the style(Chevy, Dodge of Ford) they all should be...

I agree,they are supposed to be stock..if it has a stock frame then run a stock style nose.

I talked to Ralph about Lernerville rules,he said that you can use any center section but the ears must be flat on top.

#43 BRC27

BRC27

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

Maybe I didn't make myself clear to begin with.  When I first heard about the rules meeting I was unable to attend.  I called the Tech man and asked what I had missed, and what decisions had been made.  Everyone that was there sat down and said they wanted to run the same rules as the years prior with the addition of the 602 Crate and a weight break.  Also No Latemodel style noses "aka the wedge nose, MD3, ect".    Now you can argue all you want that those are molded front ends blah blah blah.  but the 23, 54E, and 91 were running a wedge nose. I run the same exact nose on my car, the tech man knows my car well, and was told that it wasn't legal. They resemble something closer to a Ferrari or Lamborghini.  Not a Monte Carlo/Camaro.  I agree that it's a stupid rule.  the appearance of the car doesn't give you an advantage, but I was told that they didn't want another class of late models out there.  The rules state that the front and rear ends must be stock appearing also and completely closed.

My point to this whole thing is...What is the point of coming up with a set of rules, and then just not enforcing them? You people bitch all the time rules are getting out of hand, or these tracks need to tech better this or that.... To all the guys that did have Pro Stock style noses I commend you for following the rules. 

#44 BRC27

BRC27

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

by the way Foz20J, and A-train4  The "Classic Dirt Nose" is found under the Late Model body tab on performance bodies website.  None of the Stock style noses look anything like that.  just saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users