Photo

Lernerville Quick Results 6.2.17; Wagner Wires All Stars; Kugel Holds Off Holden; Ritchey Bests 305's

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:28 PM

As X made comments on other venue's he is correct, been going on forever. The folks in charge at whatever you want to attend do there best to have you there for a reasonable time to spend $$$. Be it concessions, beer or the tent selling fried anything. If the mod race would have been one of those yellow after yellow deals the forum would have burned down. It's a chance they took and they come out on top.

#22 Hans Solo

Hans Solo

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

I think it needs to be pointed out that this "support race" was not a klunker!!  The young lady starting in the front row has made several attempts to be the first woman to win a feature at L'ville.  The winner of the race ran a great race for his third win in a row and he didn't start up front.  He had to outrun the second best car (Holden) for half the race.  I'm NOT a big crate fan,  but I enjoyed it.  That's what I go to the track for!!  Good Racing!  And can we stop this talk about turning into PPMS!!  Not gonna happen!!!   May need to be more changes, but the subject was "support Races"   

#23 longtimeracefan101

longtimeracefan101

Race Fan

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

So why is MERCER running 410's first??? They don't need extra hot dog sales???

#24 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

So why is MERCER running 410's first??? They don't need extra hot dog sales???

Yeah you get a 30 minute intermission instead of cars on the track. Much better.

#25 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:19 AM

It wasn't the running order that I quit going to PMS for. It was the you're better of to drive through a stopped car rule that chased me off. When they started counting not driving through a wrecked or spun car against drivers caution totals I had enough. I saw a car start to get pinched against the outside wall by a spinner, begin to slow down, realize that he would have to stop, stand on the gas and plow through the spun car, after the caution was already out. Haven't been back since. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#26 kart91

kart91

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:19 AM

Boy, rough crowd.  My comment was simply based on the idea that if I'm paying $25 to get in the door (or $40 for a pit pass), I'm obviously not there to watch crate modifieds, but they have me by the balls (and they know it) since I'm definitely not going to leave before the All Star feature.

As I said, the rest of the night was very good.  Track was great, good car count, etc.  I just think that the running order could've been handled differently.  Especially running crate modifieds after the 305 feature.  Run the 305s, which replaces the "intermission" that Mercer apparently had last night, then roll the ASCoC feature after the 305 feature.  I don't think that's an outrageous thing to expect.

#27 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

Mercer's intermission is usually for track work. They open the track, rewater, and repack. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#28 LM RACING

LM RACING

Race Fan

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:33 PM

I think it needs to be pointed out that this "support race" was not a klunker!!  The young lady starting in the front row has made several attempts to be the first woman to win a feature at L'ville.  The winner of the race ran a great race for his third win in a row and he didn't start up front.  He had to outrun the second best car (Holden) for half the race.  I'm NOT a big crate fan,  but I enjoyed it.  That's what I go to the track for!!  Good Racing!  And can we stop this talk about turning into PPMS!!  Not gonna happen!!!   May need to be more changes, but the subject was "support Races"   

Well you have to realize that people think that anyone that spends thousands to run a car that the customer as a fan is not there to see is a support or clunker class. That is the most ridiculous mindset I have ever heard. Racing is racing. Some good some bad. Most of the time the headliner is the worst race of the night. But people want to see the fast qualifying car run away with the heat, redraw top 3 and work his way through lap traffic which they will call field fillers or back markers because they have to race in a crowd not clean air. Most of the people here are not race fans. They would be happy watching the top 5 cars of a series run hotlaps instead of seeing side by side racing in the less but still expensive classes.

Matt D

#29 Crusty1

Crusty1

Race Fan

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

First off I wouldn't call any of the support races a junk class, it's not like they are running 4 cylinders.

Second, to me the headline class should always be last, when you go to a rock concert who's up first ? The warm up band or support band, when you go to boxing event what's last? The main event.

Third, guys bitch about the price to get in, sit down and be a race fan it's Friday night relax and have fun.

Fourth, if you stick around till the end you can go to the pits and see your favorite drivers.

Fifth, I hope LV keeps this format,the only suggestion I would have is, lightning out on 356 with police directing traffic.

#30 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

Well you have to realize that people think that anyone that spends thousands to run a car that the customer as a fan is not there to see is a support or clunker class. That is the most ridiculous mindset I have ever heard. Racing is racing. Some good some bad. Most of the time the headliner is the worst race of the night. But people want to see the fast qualifying car run away with the heat, redraw top 3 and work his way through lap traffic which they will call field fillers or back markers because they have to race in a crowd not clean air. Most of the people here are not race fans. They would be happy watching the top 5 cars of a series run hotlaps instead of seeing side by side racing in the less but still expensive classes.

Don't forget the crashes. It's not a good night unless someone's husband leaves in a helicopter, except that that slows down the program, so maybe not.  

Edited by FanJim24, 04 June 2017 - 02:04 PM.

#31 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

Second, to me the headline class should always be last, when you go to a rock concert who's up first ? The warm up band or support band, when you go to boxing event what's last? The main event.

Track wear may come into play. One of the reason the stocks were so good when they had motors that would actually race was that the track had slicked off everywhere on the track was equally bad. 

#32 BUDWEISER75

BUDWEISER75

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

Oh, I don't really think anybody is miserable or has a bad life here. I'm saying it should've been done differently and I'm glad I didn't go. No misery here! Now, if they continue to run things in a less than desirable way they'll end up pissing off the fans like the Miley's did. Nobody wants that. My views are clearly stated without misery.

Have a miserable day!

Well then why aren't you running the facility seeing you know all about what fans want to see in the formats? I guarantee your absence of Fridays events went 100% unnoticed!....If you like dirt track racing then there really isn't a right way or wrong way in which division runs first or last...you don't like a certain division go for a walk nobody is forcing you to watch it....in fact a true dirt car fans only true bitch is there weren't enough laps!...good day

Dirt...i like it

#33 fastforward1

fastforward1

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

So, if the All Stars would've ran before the junk mods how many people would've stayed? You got any guesses? Would that mean that everyone who left is not a true race fan?
If you want to see the racers in the pits buy a pit pass and get there early. Otherwise all you see is them loading up the equipment.
And,
You better be fan friendly in the dirt track business these days or you won't be in the dirt track business.

" Looks like ONE MORE, for the good guys "..........Scott Hall

#34 Crusty1

Crusty1

Race Fan

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

Track wear may come into play. One of the reason the stocks were so good when they had motors that would actually race was that the track had slicked off everywhere on the track was equally bad.

I don't agree at all, a good race team adapt to the track conditions that's a major part of dirt racing.

#35 Crusty1

Crusty1

Race Fan

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

So, if the All Stars would've ran before the junk mods how many people would've stayed? You got any guesses? Would that mean that everyone who left is not a true race fan?
If you want to see the racers in the pits buy a pit pass and get there early. Otherwise all you see is them loading up the equipment.
And,
You better be fan friendly in the dirt track business these days or you won't be in the dirt track business.

It's Friday night not Monday,Is that to late for you? What about the people that have to work on Fridays like me and I can't get to the track until 6:30? I like going into the pits after the race not all load up and leave.

Bitch Bitch Bitch

#36 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:41 PM

Plowing through spinning cars so you don't get penalized... sounds like a crate class. You know... because it's a crate and they can't lift or they'll lose all that momentum it took them 4 laps to build up. The rush mod feature at sharon saturday was decent except for the slick track and guys in the top 5 wrecking each other because there was one grove and they can't pass. Kugel punted the 35 early on then they tangled under caution, pretty sure Holden low key spun Martel off the restart.

Edited by sicario, 05 June 2017 - 09:16 AM.

#37 SprintFun

SprintFun

Rick's Inspiration

• Members
  • 5,643 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars, Late Models

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

This thread is awesome. Few things...

Lernerville (and Mercer) set the running order, not the Allstars.
To me the best way to run it is have the headline division in the middle of the program. Everybody getting out of there at once looked like hell on Friday. I think being in the middle provides the best balance.
I never really care to watch a crate class again. Western PA has way to many damn classes running for peanuts.

My first trip back in a while, had a fun weekend.

#38 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:08 AM

Never really care to watch a crate class again. Western Pa, to many classes running for peanuts.....

Hello !! Anybody listening ? We, the smallest majority of race goer's can have are opinions on here. Do race promotors hear that voice. Hell NO. Has everyone seen the new SLM payout structure for PPMS. I will say it. It's going to be the death of the SLM as a weekly class. You can't blame them. I would like to see a promotor hand out a questioner to the paying fan coming thru his gates to get there take on what is missing or what is needed. I think it would only help them. Ego's will never let it happen. The 305 portion of Saturday's show was a joke. For the dollars invested if anyone thinks these guys can run for those peanuts your not facing reality. Crate racing is nothing more than support racing and it has gotten to the point of way to many rules and classes. Sure they may keep some costs lower, but the fan coming thru that gate just doesn't care. Like A**holes everyone has a opinion, that is mine. The ELM had how many cars ? how many fans ? how many pit passes were sold ? I bet for the promotors that was a win win deal for them.  I really hope that race continues, didn't make it up, coming for the firecracker.

#39 Rick Rarer

Rick Rarer

• Super Moderators
  • 2,205 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

First, it was the All Stars decision to run their feature last.  They're the headliner, they set the agenda.  The other option to running support features first was to have a 20-30 minute intermission like they'll do at Mercer tonight and some of you miserable, entitled keyboard cowboys will bitch about that as well.  The weather was perfect, it's the weekend, yet you bitch and bitch and bitch.

Have you ever been to a concert when the headliner plays first?  Never happens.  Kenny Chesney plays last.  JV always plays before varsity.  Go to the Improve, the local guy always opens for the headliner.  Does the opening act suck sometimes?  Absolutely, but you're at a race track, hopefully with family or friends if your miserable self has any, yet you bitch and bitch and bitch.

If the worst thing that happens in your life on any given day is you "get held hostage" for 20-30 minutes for a support division or an intermission, you really need to shut the f**k up and realize how blessed your life is.

Actually it was Lernerville's decision to run the All-Stars last.

"Don't take life so seriously, It's not permanent!"

#40 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

This is an honest question because I haven't seen it happen and am curious of other shows. When a Rush class is running support for a big show or touring show, do they ever run last or after the touring or money feature? Because I haven't seen it, just curious. If it's a track decision I'm sure they won't run late because everyone would leave and Vicki wouldn't get her brand out there in front of the crowd. I don't blame her, she scratches tracks backs, they scratch hers. People complain about being held hostage for the rush mods and people complain about the thirty minute intermission at mercer, either way I see it as a chance to stretch, go to the bathroom, and get food.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users