Photo

What's the super late car count today at PPMS?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Vigoda Motorsports

Vigoda Motorsports

Race Fan

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Young movie starlets, acting in big budget Hollywood films, and Western Pennsylvania dirt track racing

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:33 AM

Thanks I'd have never thought they would plan on changing tires during a dirt oval race. How can they do it without going at least 2 laps down?  Would they change tires early or does maybe only the top 10 or so do it after putting the rest of the field 4 or 5 laps down?

Is this a serious question? Ill bite since I dont think youre smart enough to be subtlely facetious.

When they need to change a tire, theyll stop on the track and purposely bring out the caution and then 2 or 3 cars will come in and get new tires. Its annoying until youve seen it done enough to realize its just what the pros do and then you accept it as part of the race and think nothing of it.

Who wants an autograph?

#42 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:14 AM

When they need to change a tire, theyll stop on the track and purposely bring out the caution and then 2 or 3 cars will come in and get new tires. Its annoying until youve seen it done enough to realize its just what the pros do and then you accept it as part of the race and think nothing of it.

I would have thought in a race over 50 laps they would count caution laps up until a designated amount of laps but reading their rules they do not ever count caution laps.  That would make stopping the race to change tires the way to go except for this Lucas rule: 

"N.) Any driver that stops on the track in order to cause a caution WITHOUT CAUSE is subject to being black-flagged from that event."

I guess from what you explained causing a caution so you can change tires has a reason so it is not WITHOUT CAUSE and there allowed to do it. .

#43 Won11Virus

Won11Virus

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:18 AM

Must be pin point accurate dumb founded luck then.  :)

ps... hope you don't mind I correctd the spelling error in your post.   :)

You spelled "corrected" wrong...

Edited by Won11Virus, 09 October 2018 - 08:19 AM.

#44 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:32 AM

You spelled "corrected" wrong...

yes and on purpose  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users