#21 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:11 PM

This was the write up mentioned. Interesting division choices

Attached Files

Edited by sicario, 04 November 2018 - 02:12 PM.

#22 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:54 PM

As long as it is real clay that would do a ton with more banking. They need to get The Chiller Thriller back at the end of March.

#23 sprntr2011

sprntr2011

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

As long as it is real clay that would do a ton with more banking. They need to get The Chiller Thriller back at the end of March.

theys gonna need a lot moore than a ton,,,,,,,,how bout u leave it up to the experts huh,,,

#24 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:33 PM

miss rush can add her 604 pro stock divison there.

#25 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

Make it crate everything so we don't have to have an excuse for not showing up there now LOL

#26 DonKing26Zfan

DonKing26Zfan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:32 PM

I drove past the place the other day and saw the realtor signs are down and Bill Altman posted a Thank You on the marquee.  Also, while I haven't talked to an official source, a local guy said Mercer is looking to run Mods, 360's, and some form of stocks.  

What other divisions, I don't know and the post above is more specific, but would this mean that Sharon is taking the 410's full time and giving up the mods?

Edited by DonKing26Zfan, 07 November 2018 - 02:34 PM.

It's hard to resist the stupid people

#27 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

Ppms and Sharon have Sprints booked for good. That is why PMS put out their schedule already to show Mercer not to run sprints 410 full time.

#28 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:05 PM

I drove past the place the other day and saw the realtor signs are down and Bill Altman posted a Thank You on the marquee.  Also, while I haven't talked to an official source, a local guy said Mercer is looking to run Mods, 360's, and some form of stocks.  

What other divisions, I don't know and the post above is more specific, but would this mean that Sharon is taking the 410's full time and giving up the mods?

Don King!  How's your brother, Ron?!

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#29 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:09 PM

With the truckery going on with dog hollow and the semi lates, and while that class contiues to grow, i would love to see them run BB's, 360's, Semi Lates, and stocks/mini's. Maybe emods too.

#30 DonKing26Zfan

DonKing26Zfan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

Don King!  How's your brother, Ron?!

He is actually my dad and he is doing well.  The doctors feel they got all the cancer however he needs to undergo 4 more rounds of chemo to be sure.

He is looking forward to being at a few races next year

It's hard to resist the stupid people

#31 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:55 PM

Don, good to hear your Dad is doing well, it is a hard fight and it sounds he is winning. I lost my Mom to it so I have a drift of what your going through. I"ll send a prayer. And I hope he gets to the races next year.

#32 rob0170

rob0170

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

With the truckery going on with dog hollow and the semi lates, and while that class contiues to grow, i would love to see them run BB's, 360's, Semi Lates, and stocks/mini's. Maybe emods too.

Why would you start a 360 sprint car division when there aren't very many around here and not many will build 1 because there're two many others like the 305 race saver, the rush wingless, and the western pa. and east ohio touring series. The best option in my opinion would be to get the race savers 305 would be the best option.

#33 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:27 PM

I don't disagree with you, i'm just gping off what was mentioned by someone else. I think 305's or the racesavers would be the best route since they're already here.

#34 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:27 PM

Western pa does not need another division. There's to many as it is. Another issue is the folks at mercer are used to 410's. There is a drastic difference in watching a 410 to a 305. Just saying.

#35 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:30 PM

Vicky raced 410's and 360's together and kept points on them separately and combined.  There is nothing wrong with 360's or 305's entering a 410 race.  There's no reason 305's can't race with 410's and 360's. 

But crate engines requiring a battery and carburetor have no business on the track with 305's, 360's and 410's.  Because of their battery and gas fuel there a safety hazard to others and there carburetor and battery also causes them to NOT fit any normal sprint car rules.  Anytime a crate engine car runs try's to run with 305's, 360's or 410's the drivers should pull their cars from the track.

If crate sprints want to run BOSS that's a different story because BOSS rules are there to welcome as many sprint race cars as possible.  If Mercer wants to make their rules the same as BOSS rules with the addition of must run wings at the start of the race then fine and Mercer's car count will grow the same as Boss car count grew.  But unless they do crates have no business on the same track with 305's, 360's and 410's.

edit:  The ONLY reason for Vicky to put crate engines in without wings was to keep cost down, suck more racers and expand the lower financial end of the group she is marketing too.  Wing on the car means x number of potential customers.  No wing on the car means x+ number of potential customers. 

Edited by dirtstudent2, 09 November 2018 - 01:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users