34 replies to this topic

#21 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:49 PM

Dog Hollow Speedway Update:

We would like to clarify some statements pertaining to the cancellation of the ULMS Speedweeks Hell Tour races as well as answer a few of the questions that have been brought up in this forum. Why we are able to run a Regular Event and not a Special Event is easy to answer. All you have to do is look at what happened this past weekend at Atomic Speedway in Ohio as a result of a Sprint Car going through a high quality catch fence. Several people were injured and were taken to the hospital. With a threshold that is created in a field of 24 to 30 Super Late Models or Sprint Cars to be ran during a Special Event increases the chance of an accident to occur. The catch fence and front stretch wall at DHS has been an issue for the past several years. In 2016, we were shut down for 2 weeks to make repairs were made designated by the insurance company. Those repairs included the catch fence, front stretch wall, a few electrical issues and a couple of other minor issues that were repaired according to the insurance companies requirements.

Now to answer a couple statements that have been brought up on this message board. The comment pertaining to inspections being conducted at the beginning of the year is false and misinformed. An inspection seldom ever occurs at the beginning of the season. Over the past 6 years, there has not been an inspection before June of that year.

The comment about a lawyer being involved in a payout dispute has never happened and is completely and totally false. Also, pertaining to the ULMS race that was held at DHS a few weeks ago. Every participant in that event has been paid.

To anyone who has commented both positively and negatively, you are more than welcome to come to come to the track and have a tour the facility so you can see all the work that has and continues to occur. My name and number is always available to anyone who wishes to contact me. I do not hide behind a fake identity. I will not get into a back and fourth type conversation. However, this is one of the biggest problems in the Motorsports community today with negativity. Anyone who makes pure asinine comments who don’t know the full extent of a situation is no benefit for local racing in general. Especially on social media and online forums such as this. I suggest that others should try to volunteer at their local racing facility’s to help them instead of taking to the internet to create negative comments.

If Anyone wants to discuss anything pertaining to this please feel free to contact me at (814) 502-8898. - Dan Savino Track Promoter

Thank you very much, Dan. 

It still leaves me a question. I get that fewer cars means less chance of car into the fence, but I'm not hearing that you, (or maybe just some suite from your insurance co.) are confident that the fence will hold up if such a crash occurs. Can you clear that up? 

Edited by FanJim24, 29 June 2019 - 12:51 PM.

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#22 Dog Hollow

Dog Hollow

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:32 PM

FanJim24. As per the Insurance company, we will be replacing the wiring/netting in the fence. 

#23 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:21 PM

FanJim24. As per the Insurance company, we will be replacing the wiring/netting in the fence. 

I understand that you are planning to work on the fence. My question was about between then and now. It seems like you are more confident in the fence than your insurance company. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#24 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

I beg to differ!!   The talent of the drivers has a lot to do with the number of crashers!!!  Last week at Lernerville the Firecracker 100 went 95 laps of intense racing before a single yellow.  But I have seen 6-8 yellows there in a single regular Friday night Late Model race!!  And last night the BOSS non-wing Sprints one  in a 20 car, 25 lap feature, while the 305s had a half-dozen.  Driver talent has a lot to do with the number of crashes and I think such is true at all tracks!!

GOOD RACING TO ALL!!

Walt  

#25 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:19 PM

I see the Connor bobik memorial race is now at thunder mt

#26 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 06 July 2019 - 03:19 PM

Insurance companies don’t want to put someone out of business . They want to minimize risk for what premium they charge
They know exactly what they are doing ... no matter what forum posters think
I know nothing about Dan or doghollow and have no comment either way ... but I do know that insurance companies make money and keep it going that way .

#27 Dog Hollow

Dog Hollow

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 08:52 PM

Dog Hollow Speedway would like to inform the members of the RaceStud forum that after conferring with the Bobik family, there is simply not enough time to get the front stretch wall repaired over the course of the next month to be ready for the memorial race. The decision has been made that this years Connor Bobik Memorial will be held at Thunder Mountain Speedway. Track Promoter Dan Savino and all the staff at Dog Hollow Speedway want to wish the Bobik family the best and highly recommend that the racing community supports this awesome event on Friday, August 2nd.

Edited by Dog Hollow, 06 July 2019 - 08:59 PM.

#28 racing_stew

racing_stew

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:09 PM

I really dont think it has to do with wall it has to do with bad checks and lies dan did himself in its over

SteW

#29 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

Dog Hollow Speedway would like to inform the members of the RaceStud forum that after conferring with the Bobik family, there is simply not enough time to get the front stretch wall repaired over the course of the next month to be ready for the memorial race. The decision has been made that this years Connor Bobik Memorial will be held at Thunder Mountain Speedway. Track Promoter Dan Savino and all the staff at Dog Hollow Speedway want to wish the Bobik family the best and highly recommend that the racing community supports this awesome event on Friday, August 2nd.

Thank you for letting us know. It is appreciated. 

#30 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:11 PM

Thank you for being upfront and honest to letting the race Community aware of the situation. It is more appreciated than you would know by just not saying anything. Hope the wall gets built soon.

#31 Lawrence226

Lawrence226

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:16 PM

Wow you guys will believe anything Dog Hollow says.  Maybe ask the drivers if they have been paid or if checks have bounced to series and then wonder why series/memorials are leaving the place

#32 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 07 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

Many including me are giving the guy the benefit of him coming on here and telling people the reasoning behind the scenes. If true that it has been all smoke, he will be the person that has to live with that.

The stories behind Marion center locking the gates is still open to speculation. But in the final story the truth may never be known.

#33 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:08 PM

Many including me are giving the guy the benefit of him coming on here and telling people the reasoning behind the scenes. If true that it has been all smoke, he will be the person that has to live with that.

The stories behind Marion center locking the gates is still open to speculation. But in the final story the truth may never be known.

I agree about the benefit of the doubt and appreciating him coming on here and letting the fans know about things. It is entirely possible that both situations are true. I don't know.

I do want to point out that the official story with Marion Center is also quite possible. A family illness can have an unimaginable impact. 

#34 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,420 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:58 PM

I always liked going to Marion Center a few times every summer, and wish the place was still open, but whatever the reasons are for the closure, it's the family's business and I'm not sure anyone else needs to know. 

#35 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:54 PM

Agree 100% flash. The Potts clan ran the place there way for yrs. and for its closure to come about they way it turned out. It was there choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users