A J FLICK

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:13 PM

Since the seat has come open on the 49 I think they need to give this young man the opportunity to see what he can do behind the wheel. I had plans to drive up for the outlaw slm swing but due to surgery I am grounded for awhile. He is running with the big dogs at port royal on saturdays and doing a fine job. Just watched saturdays race and he ran a strong 3rd. Keep it up A.J. Western pa and I'm sure others are watching.

#2 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:15 PM

They said the same about Mike Norris. He is in top notch equipment and really hasn't done anything. Just because these locals set a lot of tracks on fire doesn't mean they're set to run against the big boys.

#3 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:43 PM

Don't forget Michael is seeing most of those Lucas tracks for the very first time!!!  That considered, I think he is doing an excellent job!!

GOOD RACING TO ALL!!!

Walt

#4 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,357 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:05 AM

They said the same about Mike Norris. He is in top notch equipment and really hasn't done anything. Just because these locals set a lot of tracks on fire doesn't mean they're set to run against the big boys.

Don O'Neal was hardly setting the world on fire in that top notch equipment prior to his injury.

Edited by flash49, 19 August 2019 - 01:05 AM.

#5 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:11 AM

As long as Clint Boyer's brother is running that team I don't care who is in the seat. I think the kid is doing good.

As for A.J. I feel he deserves a shot. It's late in the season, why not ? He has a good crew behind him, mostly family so I'm not saying go on the tour, but there will be some good paying races coming up for the end of the year in central pa and the outlaws do have 1 more swing east.

#6 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:55 AM

Clint Bowyer Racing is a black hole. He's been more competitive in his own equipment vs. the big boys than he has been in CBR stuff. Davenport sucked driving for them. Lanigan sucked driving for them. Richards looks a shell of his former self driving for them.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#7 honeybadger1

honeybadger1

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:02 PM

Hasn't done anything? you kidding me? this dudes in a totally different ride with a totally different crew going to tracks he's never even seen before and hanging right with the best in the country.  Sure, he's not podium every night and threatening to win but hell, I say he's proven he's one of the best in the country as well and if given more seat time at that level he would rise to the top.

#8 Brian44m

Brian44m

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:52 PM

Shaffer being let go has to be by far the most surprising thing in motorsports in some time. I mean, its one thing to get rid of someone struggling but to get rid of someone who is winning? That's bizarre.

#9 honeybadger1

honeybadger1

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:19 PM

Shaffer being let go has to be by far the most surprising thing in motorsports in some time. I mean, its one thing to get rid of someone struggling but to get rid of someone who is winning? That's bizarre.

maybe he was sleeping with the owner's wife??  everybody knows racecar drivers get serious tang

#10 Brian44m

Brian44m

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:07 AM

Well honeybadger, I suppose that's possible.  Lol.

#11 zero hero2

zero hero2

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Racing and beer !

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

Since the seat has come open on the 49 I think they need to give this young man the opportunity to see what he can do behind the wheel. I had plans to drive up for the outlaw slm swing but due to surgery I am grounded for awhile. He is running with the big dogs at port royal on saturdays and doing a fine job. Just watched saturdays race and he ran a strong 3rd. Keep it up A.J. Western pa and I'm sure others are watching.

Well I like AJ . Seems to me the owner of the 49 has a screw loose . What more could've Tim done in the car ? He won on both national series ! Big Money races ! Just don't think Aj would be a good match for this ride . Don't forget the crew chief also left . That means a lot also . 

#12 WannaRace

WannaRace

Race Fan

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

Didn't they pull the same stunt on Sodeman when he was driving it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users