• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:59 PM

see where ppms is going back to penn/ohio rules in pro stock for 2020. .......hows come miss rush didn't come through?

#2 username@gatekeeper

username@gatekeeper

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:25 PM

PEOPLE JUST DONT LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:39 PM

So what are they supposed to be listening to ?

#4 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:42 AM

So what are they supposed to be listening to ?

The GM marketing pitch that worse racing and higher overall cost of ownership is much better and less expensive than open market equipment. 

Edited by FanJim24, 21 December 2019 - 11:43 AM.

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#5 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:59 PM

The GM marketing pitch that worse racing and higher overall cost of ownership is much better and less expensive than open market equipment. 

:wacko:

#6 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 06:28 AM

Well my question is will they return ? 2 speedway's tried the dark side and it cost racers money. Many said screw it and will run penn/ohio. Car counts at both tracks weakened and guys seemed happy following the tour. Sure will give you guys that bought those boat anchors a huge weight advantage so that we can make it look like we knew what we were doing from the beginning.

It was never good for the class from day one and now it may only weaken the class even more. The damage may already be irreversible for both tracks.

Stick with the crate lates, it's a good show and it's what you do well, slm racing due to the high costs and little return is dead.

Trying to take over every class is nothing more than greed.

#7 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:40 AM

what is better running for a 1000 to 1500 or 300 its a no brainer. hell latrobe speedway opened back up an is paying 500 to win its first year open. the penn/ohio was the best thing that ever happend.

#8 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:02 AM

When PPMS and Vicky got together the car counts were low, so something needed to be done. They tried it did not work out. My question is when Miley talked to Vicky did the question come uo did you talk to the drivers at Lernerville to see if they would come  and support PPMS and would the drivers at PPMS do the same. You have to be on the same page, And jo is right you want good counts dig a little deeper in your pockets. And Please don"t say anything about the condition of the place yes it could be better but it is a race track a dirt race track at that! This is jmo. Have a Merry Christmas to all and a safe New Year.

#9 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:35 PM

Well my question is will they return ? 2 speedway's tried the dark side and it cost racers money. Many said screw it and will run penn/ohio. Car counts at both tracks weakened and guys seemed happy following the tour. Sure will give you guys that bought those boat anchors a huge weight advantage so that we can make it look like we knew what we were doing from the beginning.

It was never good for the class from day one and now it may only weaken the class even more. The damage may already be irreversible for both tracks.

Stick with the crate lates, it's a good show and it's what you do well, slm racing due to the high costs and little return is dead.

Trying to take over every class is nothing more than greed.

I hope you're wrong about SLM, but I very much agree with everything else. 

My hope is that rolling back the tire deal at Lernerville will help. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#10 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:59 PM

Isn't it interesting RUSH has not posted anything on here about their new inroad into karting to gain more track and racer customers.

Kickoff meeting is I think now January 5th at the RUSH banquet hall on 422 just west of New Castle.

I suppose it's only because this is now a Crate Car board and no longer a racing fan board.  Also interesting how this board in the past has shifted from sprint to Late and not it's mostly dominated by Crate racing.  The times they are a changing. 

#11 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:00 PM

Rush will have their hands on every division as they are forcing what we have known real racing to a crate motor.

#12 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:12 PM

Ds2, I hope the heck your wrong. They get into kart racing they'll destroy that too. Briggs has a stk class to get started in and they go up from there.

So now they want to start selling kart engines ? What a joke.

I haven't been to a kart track in years. I used to go up to slippery rock on occassion. I can't see father's wanting to get involved. You venture to kart racing more than me so I'll be interested in what your take is on this subject.

#13 kaw1109

kaw1109

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:20 PM

http://raceproweekly...funds-for-2020/

#14 rocket21

rocket21

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:49 PM

http://raceproweekly...funds-for-2020/

#15 rocket21

rocket21

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:50 PM

What a bunch of bullshit.

#16 kaw1109

kaw1109

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 06:16 PM

Haha it really is, wonder if it will affect the regular predator classes..

#17 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:01 PM

You can't even satire them anymore. Pure, unadulterated greed. 

#18 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:28 AM

But they believe there saving racing as we no it. I'd love to see where they are making there money from this deal. Cause I betcha there making a lot.

#19 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 09:59 AM

But they believe there saving racing as we no it. I'd love to see where they are making there money from this deal. Cause I betcha there making a lot.

Currently I have no opinion about if the inroad to gain customers for services and products from karting will be bad or good for karting.  Time will tell.

To give you an idea here's Precise Racings kart offerings from their online catalog.

https://www.preciser...fm?InvKey=86549

And with must use brand of tires here's the rest of the catalog.

https://www.preciser...m_qSearchItem=1

I was recently messaged they use to have in the catalog a sealed Crate Harbor Freight $99 normally on sale engine for $425.  I never saw the add but believe who sent me the message.  I assume kart racers will find out at the intro meeting exactly what the deal is.  Their last offering was touted as for $15000 you can go sprint car racing with a used chassis.  I see as possible in 2021 or late 2020 an offering of $4000 to go speck sealed engine cage kart racing with all new equipment.   Join the club fees, race entry fees and sales incentives sent back per racer with the adding of karting I think can add up to a nice sum.

I don't think it has anything at all to do with racing but everything to do with sales of products and services to a nitch racer market group again acquired from the general established racing population.  Will it hurt numbers racing or tracks is still to be seen.  It definitely will shift any profit made from racing away from current marketers.   

https://www.preciser...fm?InvKey=86549

#20 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:47 AM

Anything that is mandated is where they are getting their kickbacks from plain and simple.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users