• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CHEYENNE

CHEYENNE

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:00 PM

Is Motordrome a race track again? I was talking to a coworker today and mentioned Lernerville was going to open on Friday. He said, Maybe Motordrome can start up now.  I questioned him and he said ,Motordrome ran last year. Did I miss something? I haven't been on here much,the last couple of years.

#2 CHEVY1A

CHEVY1A

Race Fan

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:19 PM

Maybe he meant PPMS,  the Mileys own Motordrome and PPMS. Motordrome hasnt run in like 5 years.

#3 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 16 June 2020 - 06:37 PM

Correct!!!  He is either confused or doesn't know what he is talking about.  Jennerstown is the only one of the four area paved tracks that is running regular weekly racing!!

GOOD RACING!!!

Walt

#4 CHEYENNE

CHEYENNE

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:52 PM

No. He said Motordrome. He said it is in Smithton.  I ask him tommorrow. , He said someone he knows owns it.  He drag races .

#5 tonyp

tonyp

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:37 PM

Motordrome has not had a race since August 2015. After that the track was used to store pipe and equipment while the Tenasca generating station was being built and now it's just sitting empty slowly falling apart. As much as it pains me to say it, I don't see it ever coming back.

#6 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:11 PM

The track sure didn't run last year!!!!

#7 CHEYENNE

CHEYENNE

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:51 PM

Finally got to talk to my coworker today.  He knows the Mileys, but was confused about the tracks, He meant PPMS.  Oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users