time for rumors

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 fordblueoval

fordblueoval

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 02:35 PM

i heard that someone has leased dog hollow for next year and they have already put new clay on the track.

#2 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 28 September 2020 - 09:14 PM

Great, split more cars on a Friday night. Now that you mention dog hollow, whatever happened to the opening of Marion center by that guy that was at DG ?

#3 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,314 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 29 September 2020 - 02:00 PM

That deal fell through some time ago.

#4 Tommy

Tommy

• Members
  • 3,506 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 30 September 2020 - 08:57 AM

That deal fell through some time ago.

There was talk of a new deal with different people running the track next year.

#5 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:28 PM

I have been told by more than one source (so take it for what it's worth) that one or both of Dave Pott's daughters want to retain control of the concessions. That's one of the reasons Michny backed out. The guy that was interested after him also backed out. Now, I have heard that there is someone else that either has an agreement in place or is still negotiating. I can't see anyone buying the place and letting someone else run the concessions. Too much money left on the table.

#6 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:35 AM

At one time it was said the cash Don Martin made from concessions covered the purse on Friday nights at lernerville. My Friday night dinner for years was 2 hot sausages and the lines were back to the peanut stand.

#7 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 09:07 AM

At one time it was said the cash Don Martin made from concessions covered the purse on Friday nights at lernerville. My Friday night dinner for years was 2 hot sausages and the lines were back to the peanut stand.

Absolutely. Evie Swartlander's hot sausage was home made and kicked ass! That was part of my Friday night ritual for years. Get to the track with the cooler full of ice cold beer, grab our seats, then head to the concession stand for dinner. Then enjoy my dinner and a cold one right as warm-ups started. The good old days.

#8 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 10:05 AM

jo73 only 2, i had 3 for starters and one for later on yeah they where the best. Skull is right you had to have some cold BEER to go with it! :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

#9 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:57 AM

Most nights I was in the pits but the beers came afterwards. God, guys dropping oil pans all over the pits because oil pressures dropped. Junk yard Jimmy fass was the best at it, he had a box of old bearings. It smelled so much different back then. The sprint car guys walked around in there clean white driver suits because they were the bad ass boys. Yea, send me back there, brushes on track got settled in the pits on many occasions. The trucks and open trailers were darn near on top of one another because you would hear that they had 100+ cars on most Friday nights.

#10 fordblueoval

fordblueoval

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 10:30 AM

how about the name mcclellan for the person to lease dog hollow?

#11 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 12:56 PM

Skull we all was had a cooler in back of thr pickup. Im not much of a drinker maybe one but the pit crew and whoever stop by to talk racing there was beer to share. There was an e-mod  at PPMS with a Skull on it, was that your car. Forgot one thing NO BEER UNTIL AFTER THE RACES.

#12 WannaRace

WannaRace

Race Fan

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:50 AM

I've been told by more than one track owner, "I know how much money I'm making by how full the trash cans are"

#13 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 10:43 AM

Skull we all was had a cooler in back of thr pickup. Im not much of a drinker maybe one but the pit crew and whoever stop by to talk racing there was beer to share. There was an e-mod  at PPMS with a Skull on it, was that your car. Forgot one thing NO BEER UNTIL AFTER THE RACES.

It wasn't me, lol. My handle is a childhood nickname. I was what you would call hard headed. My dad, in front of my friends, said something to the effect; "Am I getting through that thick skull of yours?" And it stuck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users