65 replies to this topic

#61 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

Does anyone have an update on Chad's conditon today? Hope all is well.

Wondering the same.

#62 lrnvlFan1w

lrnvlFan1w

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,541 posts
  • Interests:Racing, hockey, mini trucks

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:50 PM

They posted on Facebook that he has a concussion and will be sore.

#63 raceover5

raceover5

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Racing and my kids

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

He was released early today and went back home with the team in the hauler.

#64 musolino21

musolino21

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:40 PM

Glad to hear he was released. Thanks for the update.

#65 raceover5

raceover5

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Racing and my kids

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

Message from his wife to everyone.

It was a scary night for 4D's Racing Team last night at Pennsylvania Motor Speedway.
Chad started 6th in the feature. The car wasn't great and he was being very conservative run his line when a racing incident occurred. Someone hit him in the
right rear quarter panel and sent him spinning into the wall. I was told that Chad was unresponsive when the EMT's got to him. After some time Chad was able to get out of the car with assistance. With concerns of neck or back injury he was taken to Allegheny General Hospital where the trauma team checked him out and did a CT Scan. The preliminary results from the scan came back okay, but the trauma team that took care of him when he arrived was very busy and were not able to read the final results so Chad discharged himself from the hospital at 3:00am. He is doing okay, he has a concussion and is very, very sore and will be for a few days. You don't take a blow like that at 100 MPH and not feel anything. Thank you everyone for your quick actions, concerns, texts, calls, helping Brad and Dylan getting things load and Nick for bringing Dylan to the hospital. We have met many truly amazing people racing that we now call our friends. Thank you again to all those who we now call our friends.

#66 9kchas24

9kchas24

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

I wonder if rear deck height was checked post race?

Both Alex and Jared were fast all night would have been a great race.

The Ultimate Series had a very thorough PRE-race tech...  Measured deck height, sail panels, and other items...  10 & H1 were fine through tech, as I was an interested spectator to it....  Post race, I don't know of any series that checks deck height after the race...   Cars are less heavy from fuel burn-off, possible race damage, so I'd guess height would change....  Post race, Ultimate took tire samples and checked LR suspension on H1, procedures that national series do generally...  Part of the entry fee goes to pay lab tests for the testing..  ( they also took samples after qualifying )  Interesting to see if 2nd PPMS Ultimate show draws more cars... Tech keeps everybody on a more level playing field, and tire compound needed to run at PPMS isn't used at too many other tracks it seems...    Hope that helps clarify a few things...  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users