• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 citeach

citeach

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

Waynesfield Raceway Park July 11th Due to the amount of rain we have received in the past hour we have cancelled our races for this evening.

Edited by citeach, 11 July 2009 - 10:16 AM.

#2 dkdorkboy

dkdorkboy

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

The small crowd last nite mite have something to do with this decision.Just my opinion.

#3 master of all

master of all

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

:blink:

The small crowd last nite mite have something to do with this decision.Just my opinion.

IM BACK................

#4 slidejobmaster

slidejobmaster

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:21 AM

That is bs............. im tired of it im not coming to that place any more......... dean is running it into the ground

#5 master of all

master of all

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:28 AM

That is bs............. im tired of it im not coming to that place any more......... dean is running it into the ground

I can see this is going to get out of hand and people will get booted off. :blink:

IM BACK................

#6 OGRE

OGRE

• Members
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:Anything that goes fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:31 AM

Listen people.....it's rained hard here for well over an hour now and as a matter of fact it's still raining. I'm tired of all you people always trashing Dean! He is a good guy and I've never seen him not try his best or treat people fairly and operate his business at the same time. All you people whining are terrible people with internal issues that go beyond anything any track can help.....period! Bottom line...mother nature decided we needed some rain and it's too much to race. Now unless you think you can call mother nature and have her stop the rain and then send some water vacuums to suck up the huge puddles in the turns then zip it up and be happy we live in this wonderful free country that we live in. There will be another day of racing at WRP and with Dean and Jane Miracle giving it their best.

Danny Kelly

#7 master of all

master of all

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

Listen people.....it's rained hard here for well over an hour now and as a matter of fact it's still raining.

I'm tired of all you people always trashing Dean! He is a good guy and I've never seen him not try his best or treat people fairly and operate his business at the same time. All you people whining are terrible people with internal issues that go beyond anything any track can help.....period!

Bottom line...mother nature decided we needed some rain and it's too much to race. Now unless you think you can call mother nature and have her stop the rain and then send some water vacuums to suck up the huge puddles in the turns then zip it up and be happy we live in this wonderful free country that we live in.

There will be another day of racing at WRP and with Dean and Jane Miracle giving it their best.

I think its a good call dean, saving racers money, if they travel all that way for a track that is too wet to race on or that would rut up and ruin parts from being to wet. so i guess they will cry if its too dusty and they will cry when they cancel, keep up the hard good work dean. good call. we got a bunch of rain and still is raining in st.marys too

IM BACK................

#8 rogk01

rogk01

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Interests:Racing/Hunting& more racing

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

I think all people are trying to say is maybe they cancelled a little early. Nobody else has cancelled yet that I have found and the rain is just about done and no more rain on the radar for 6 states. Could pop up again this afternoon but wont know that till it does. I hope they made the right call.

#9 Truckfan

Truckfan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

Im sure others are thinking the same but hey, dont give up. Im not sure what you run but there
are other tracks. I myself dont understand this decision at all , plenty of time left to do what needs
done. The track was graded first thing this morn.

sometimes honesty comes from the strangest places

#10 underbird fan

underbird fan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

:( I'm not sure the location you guys are in but we have received several down pours this morning around the Waynesfield area.

#11 eldora97

eldora97

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

i know i dont live up there but i think it was a bad call to call it so early cause on the radar it looks like it is clear...... also there is no other tracks around here running mods tonight and i think he would have got a good car count......

#12 rogk01

rogk01

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Interests:Racing/Hunting& more racing

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:54 AM

I have no doubt they got some rain, but the wind is pretty strong and will mostly sunny within the next hour or so. It may not dry off enough but I would think that another hour or 2 might have told more. This is just my opinion and I dont run the track and dont want to, so I am not bashing on Dean or anyone else, like I said just my opinion and we all not about those.

#13 MichRacer

MichRacer

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

Deff. too wet it rained hard this morn.. Good Call Dean!

#14 Need for Speed

Need for Speed

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:12 AM

Listen people.....it's rained hard here for well over an hour now and as a matter of fact it's still raining.

I'm tired of all you people always trashing Dean! He is a good guy and I've never seen him not try his best or treat people fairly and operate his business at the same time. All you people whining are terrible people with internal issues that go beyond anything any track can help.....period!

Bottom line...mother nature decided we needed some rain and it's too much to race. Now unless you think you can call mother nature and have her stop the rain and then send some water vacuums to suck up the huge puddles in the turns then zip it up and be happy we live in this wonderful free country that we live in.

There will be another day of racing at WRP and with Dean and Jane Miracle giving it their best.

Dan: I know work at WRP (you post that info often) and I understand you are frustrated with people not always patting you, skip, dean, etc. on the back for the work you put in. Even though you are not the 'official spokesman' for the track, you need to temper your words. Try to find out why the guy is torqued badly enough to say he isn't coming back, etc, etc....mainly try to mend the fence, instead of finish tearing it down.

'slidejobmaster' had a kneejerk reaction, and is entitled to post his beliefs. When you jump on slidejobmaster, and then post disrespectful comments to 'all you people' it shows a lack of professionalism on your part, and that not only reflects poorly on you, but also on WRP because you work there.

Think about that.

#15 master of all

master of all

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

:blink:

IM BACK................

#16 master of all

master of all

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:19 AM

i know i dont live up there but i think it was a bad call to call it so early cause on the radar it looks like it is clear...... also there is no other tracks around here running mods tonight and i think he would have got a good car count......

florence speedway is running mods tonight, its fan apprieciation night. so is kc raceway, they have mods tonight too with 5 dollars and 5 cans of food to get in

Edited by master of all, 11 July 2009 - 11:24 AM.

IM BACK................

#17 paintman60

paintman60

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

dan i must tell you if dean didnt cancel and got everybody there and then canceled some would be ticked off ,if dean would run but have say a rough track, once again some would be ticked off so i am convinced whatever dean does someone would slam him .man thats getting old let me see so far ive heard to dry,to rough, and imagine that it rained and he canceled in a perfect world we would race every saturday no rain perfect track every week nobody unhappy about anything but that story would end and they lived happily ever after cause if everyone was happy all the time it would be a fairytale <_<

#18 master of all

master of all

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:27 AM

florence speedway is running mods tonight, its fan apprieciation night. so is kc raceway, they have mods tonight too with 5 dollars and 5 cans of food to get in

so there is plenty of racing tonight fremont,kc,florence, and gas city. so go there and judge those tracks and let us know what u guys think. i tottaly agree with paintman, cant please no one

IM BACK................

#19 RacinMama

RacinMama

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Changing my pic more than most people change their underwear!!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:30 AM

its pouring again in sidney so probably a good call

Eat, Sleep, Race

#20 RacinMama

RacinMama

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Changing my pic more than most people change their underwear!!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:36 AM

I agree with Paintman, no matter what Dean does he catches flack. Its not just the weather, it was about the point or non-point races last week, the tire rule, schedule changes...etc. I've been unhappy myself at times but have sat back and looked at the big picture and what I would do in his shoes..... If your a die hard race fan like me you'll get online and find who's racing what and where and go watch some racin! Have a good 2 weeks everyone!!

Eat, Sleep, Race

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users