• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#21 Kid Roberts

Kid Roberts

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Funny thing about the sprints...Who is going to show up? $10,000 to win ASCoC at Fremont and the National Open at Selinsgrove. I'm not knocking anyone here. It's just a question.

2012 Race Count - 8 Races, 7 Tracks, and 3 States 2011 Race Count - 53 Races, 23 Tracks, and 6 States 2010 Race Count - 50 Races, 6 Tracks, and 2 States

#22 dirtguy200948

dirtguy200948

Race Fan

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Funny thing about the sprints...Who is going to show up? $10,000 to win ASCoC at Fremont and the National Open at Selinsgrove. I'm not knocking anyone here. It's just a question.

You'll get the same old guys and car count around 15-18.

#23 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,360 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

The purses in both the Selinsgrove and Fremont races fall off rather quickly, only a few cars can win the big money. Some of the lesser lights from those area (who are still pretty good) might show up. If most of the locals come it should be a good show, but without Danny H. there it will hard to beat Ed Lynch.

Edited by flash49, 02 September 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#24 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

Its been the roughly the same atleast the past 2 years

We only had to be there one night and pay 35 to get in, so not quite. Its the same for the late models, but not the rest.

#25 galloomp

galloomp

• Members
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

We only had to be there one night and pay 35 to get in, so not quite. Its the same for the late models, but not the rest.

Im talking about the pitt fee, its been pretty much the same the past few years, n ever year people moan and cry about it,

#26 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Im talking about the pitt fee, its been pretty much the same the past few years, n ever year people moan and cry about it,

Yeah, me too. But we never had to pay for both days before. Now we do, for a 3 grand to win show. That's ridiculous.

#27 don71

don71

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, and gas money a couple hundred dollars to get to Charlotte and back. I would die if I ever saw you post anything positive on this racing board. You get a chance to win decent money close to home and all you do is bitch.

Wasn't bitching! Stating the obvious! $70.00 bucks x4 people that is $280. Plus $170 a tire x2 at least. Plus $125. For race fuel and atleast. $100 for fuel for the truck. Just do the math! Not economically smart

#28 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Wasn't bitching! Stating the obvious! $70.00 bucks x4 people that is $280. Plus $170 a tire x2 at least. Plus $125. For race fuel and atleast. $100 for fuel for the truck. Just do the math! Not economically smart

And Charlotte is??

#29 badass bowtie

badass bowtie

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, and gas money a couple hundred dollars to get to Charlotte and back. I would die if I ever saw you post anything positive on this racing board. You get a chance to win decent money close to home and all you do is bitch.

gas money a couple hundred dollars??? your actually comparing dirt track world finals to the race at PMS???? please. i drove full size truck last year to charlotte from pittsburgh. pulling camper down and back $$160 in gas. camping 30 dollars and a 3 day pass to see world of outlaw sprint cars. big block modifieds and outlaw late models with most all lucas guys $69 dollars and that is with pit pass. and trust me the facility is 1st class all the way. and during day can see all nascar race teams shops. hall of fame also. concord mills largest shopping center east coast. downtown charlotte 15 minutes away. i was planning on going to pittsburgh race. but at the price the mileys are asking i dont think so. steel city stampede at lernerville is only 40 dollars. and that is for 2 day pass. and there were over 200 cars in action.

#30 no alky added

no alky added

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

gas money a couple hundred dollars??? your actually comparing dirt track world finals to the race at PMS???? please. i drove full size truck last year to charlotte from pittsburgh. pulling camper down and back $$160 in gas. camping 30 dollars and a 3 day pass to see world of outlaw sprint cars. big block modifieds and outlaw late models with most all lucas guys $69 dollars and that is with pit pass. and trust me the facility is 1st class all the way. and during day can see all nascar race teams shops. hall of fame also. concord mills largest shopping center east coast. downtown charlotte 15 minutes away. i was planning on going to pittsburgh race. but at the price the mileys are asking i dont think so. steel city stampede at lernerville is only 40 dollars. and that is for 2 day pass. and there were over 200 cars in action.

wheres the like button

#31 BUDWEISER75

BUDWEISER75

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

You and I and 1000 other racefans know this,but go figure your talking to a miley puppet so they will defend ppms...which should stand for PissPoorMotorSports

Dirt...i like it

#32 don71

don71

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

My point exactly!

#33 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

You and I and 1000 other racefans know this,but go figure your talking to a miley puppet so they will defend ppms...which should stand for PissPoorMotorSports

No pal, I'm just a race fan. I've been to races all over the country. I like PPMS and just about any other racetrack i've ever been to. I don't spend my time on here doing nothing but complaining like many of you do.

#34 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I've been to Charlotte far more than you my friend, this has nothing to do with the race track or the area. But when you guys start bitching about the price of the races at PPMS, but have no problem driving 800 miles for a weekend, and the attendant expenses, then I'm going to call you on it. I wasn't comparing the two races, just the silliness of your bitching. But as a racefan, I enjoy local racing as much as your big event type of racing. And I'm glad I don't have to drive all day or fly to the Pittsburgher. Incidentally, I will also be at Charlotte in November.

#35 LM RACING

LM RACING

Race Fan

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

Racing has never and will never be economically smart. It is like doing drugs, you spend all your money for a few hours of excitement. If you want something economical buy a hybrid.LOL

Matt D

#36 BUDWEISER75

BUDWEISER75

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

No pal, I'm just a race fan. I've been to races all over the country. I like PPMS and just about any other racetrack i've ever been to. I don't spend my time on here doing nothing but complaining like many of you do.

Since when have Opinions been put into complaining catagory???,and I myself have been to many many tracks around the country atleast from mich. Eastward and southern states as well i too enjoyed most all of them but the races i traveled too were worth every red cent because ithe best in the world were there not your local yokals....sorry their just not worth the price of admission ppms is charging....once agai thats my OPINION NOT A COM PLAINT

Dirt...i like it

#37 dirtguy200948

dirtguy200948

Race Fan

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

And Charlotte is??

The best in the business, nationally televised live from speed, get to get the top 3 divions!

#38 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

The best in the business, nationally televised live from speed, get to get the top 3 divions!

If you could read, my comment was affixed to the point that the PPMS race was not an economically sound decision for a racer from this area. Hence your non sequitur reply.

#39 bezerker

bezerker

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

The price of pit admission is comparable to last year? I seem to remember that there was an actual feature race, with a seperate purse, on Friday for late models and practice for any other division. If you can Matt, if someone comes in on Saturday can they race in the features on Saturday? And I am including provisionals? With the cost of the pit fee, it would be unfair to the teams that showed up for your entire event, only to have someone who didnt really qualify make the race, and pay only a portion of the pit fee, make the race due to provisionals? Also what is your stand on a car that is qualified and they make a driver change for Saturday? How about you can only drive the car you qualify? No switching cars and starting at the rear? If you want fair that is the way to do it.

Edited by bezerker, 02 September 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#40 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

All rulings and decisions are Highly dependent on the parties involved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users