127 replies to this topic

#101 Dr_Dirt

Dr_Dirt

Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 5,055 posts
  • Interests:DIRT

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

Hell since were spitballing ideas. What about a three or four class show earlier Saturday afternoon. Run the Lates and 305's. Then maybe rotate the stock divisions and or the Semi's. Start around 1 and be done by 4. Any class count under 10 runs a feature only. Of course this would mean the track prep better be spot on to run in the afternoon. Just an idea.

I think you are on to something here Kip but I think it would be difficult for anyone to keep the track in good shape in the middle of the day like it would need. I'm afraid you would end up being dusty, one groove, no passing racing.

HAMMERS DOWN - GREEN FLAG'S UP - WE'RE RACING!!!

#102 rsadiedog

rsadiedog

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

[quote name="116 octain" post="392456" timestamp="1403362470"]

[quote name="rsadiedog" post="392447" timestamp="

Your entitled to your opinion and we're entitled to ours and, that's all they are opinions. If people can't handle it don't read it!!!!!![/quote]

Yes I posted my opinion and you are entitled your opinion just as much as the next guy. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion such as " I think they should run Sundays". But There is a lot of other garbage mixed in among these opinions, and when voicing your opinions is detrimental to the point that people are deciding not to attend a track based on what they read on here, and now a track is suffering because of these voiced opinions, many of which really seem to be almost retaliatory in nature, then I would have to say what is your motive behind these posts? By all means if you want to see Mr. Taylor fail and close up the track, keep up the negativity. But if you want to see the track survive and maybe even flourish some day, then a person should think before about what they are stating and the effects those statements have on the track. This is just my opinion, which is the opinion of someone who loves this sport, and plans on loving it for many years to come, as long as it can survive. And to quote Forrest Gump, " that's all I have to say about that!"

Edited by rsadiedog, 21 June 2014 - 07:54 PM.

Nick Loffredo

#103 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:dirt track racer

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

car counts were good in the 305 sprint cars tonight and the front wheel drive class now they just need to figure out why the streetstocks and purestocks and late models need to build their classes .

race ace

#104 kip77

kip77

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:sports-racing-Hanging out with my daughters Kaelynn and Lana

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

Ace the I think the word you're looking for is consistently. Thats what the track had always lacked.

Motor racing, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports... All the rest are children's games played by adults." Ernest Hemingway

Find me on Facebook: Kip Charles - Clearfield, PA
or Twitter @kip1977

#105 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:dirt track racer

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

kip you know as well as i do that there are cars sitting around  for one reason or another they are not coming out weather it be payouts or just not happy with the rules it would seem to me that someone weather it be amp or hummingbird would try to find out why these cars are not racing this year.

race ace

#106 Fwig

Fwig

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

I thought I heard AMP and Clinton Co. had a "partnership" agreement? If they do, why aren't they running the same classes and rules?

I love what Port Royal has done. No more "Street Stocks", they replaced them with ECONO-LM's. Limited motor, not sure about the rest of the rules, but they can't run Clinton Co.. They look like a LM. It's a lot easier to find a used LM versus clip cars, plus grooming drivers to move up.

#107 thebigdueceduece

thebigdueceduece

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

It is the track. I have heard mtie drivers that left say it isn't worth the time spent fixing fenders and doors after every week. You may see a very few who can race there clean. But look...there are drivers that win there and would never win ANYWHERE else because they start on the pole and its nose to tail racing. That is, unless you wreck the guy. Widen the track. And I font mean say you made it wider and you pushed it maybe a foot...make the corners longer and not so tight and that would be a fun racey track. But...we all here know our words fall on deaf ears!

#108 racer111

racer111

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

We can all come on here and say what we think, what we would do, what they should do etc etc etc...BUT no promoter that I have ever known pays much attention to anything that fans or drivers have to say...NOW I didn't say ALL of them don't...but the biggest percentage of them don't...I'm not sure why this is, maybe they all go to "How not to promote a race track 101," before they go out and actually buy or lease a track.

#109 tom

tom

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:53 AM

The difference between the limited lates  from port is there head which is steel and they run a 2 barrel carb. where as Clinton and amp limited lates run an alumuin head with a 4 barrel and have a cam rule.

#110 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

So big deuce .... The dude is tight on money and your suggestion is basically demo his race track and build a new one lol lol lol lol.

#111 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

Sounds like bam bam economics ... You know where bam bam said if he forces company's to offer 12 weeks per year paid leave it will actually increase profits lol lol lol

#112 snooky

snooky

Race Fan

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Well legend have you ever seen the place? It is pretty well known that the layout of the track is conducive to follow the leader racing and results in contact trying to pass. You make me laugh. Your opinion is only one that matters (to you). The rest of the world is wrong and you are right. You're obnoxious and profane and a legend in your own mind.

#113 Tim W

Tim W

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

While AMP is indeed a tight track, the ability to pass goes hand in hand with ones ability to drive... I recall Alan Dellinger going from 23rd to 2nd in a 30 lap feature without hitting anyone... and this was with the previous even tighter layout of the track.

#114 bobvogtjr30

bobvogtjr30

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with the layout. I raced there quite a few times and never had a problem passing cars. Yes it does require patientce sometimes but it can be done. Some ppl will hit u there or on a track as wide as pms! Just the way some ppl drive. The ulms race there last yr proved that passing can be done.

#115 plymouth-man

plymouth-man

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
  • Interests:car racing, motorcycles,the great outdoors!!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

It is the track. I have heard mtie drivers that left say it isn't worth the time spent fixing fenders and doors after every week. You may see a very few who can race there clean. But look...there are drivers that win there and would never win ANYWHERE else because they start on the pole and its nose to tail racing. That is, unless you wreck the guy. Widen the track. And I font mean say you made it wider and you pushed it maybe a foot...make the corners longer and not so tight and that would be a fun racey track. But...we all here know our words fall on deaf ears!

He has already started on widening the track through 1 and 2, the work will be complte for next year..

Mash the loud pedal.

#116 thebigdueceduece

thebigdueceduece

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

I'm not saying lengthing it...but widen it. Both a little if it was possible. And legend...I wasnt making a comment as to what he needs to do with the money he has
..if you could read before you type your thoughts...You may have understood it...I was implying to why some....well...many have left that place. The lowering of the payout only ADDED to it. As well...for those who know what they are talking about...he said he was to lengthen and widen the track this year. Then they changes it to only widening it. Which they said they did.....and they obviously did not.

#117 racing fan 5

racing fan 5

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

Wall looks to be about 6 ft wider with a cement barrier replacing old bent guide rails... Dirt is there and Tks are still hauling. Heard Township is now wanting a already destroyed road bonded.

#118 116 octain

116 octain

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

I don't do the website.. I just sent Terry a message to have the payouts changes posted as soon as he can (he's at Dog Hollow now). If you wanna talk shit, at least be enough of a man to put your name on it.

Payouts still the same
Wall was only moved back so that the edge of the concrete is even with the old wall.
OF COURSE THIS IS JUST MY OPINION BUY TICKETS AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF.

#119 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

It's already been explained the track
Is in an area competing with 2 other tracks for cars and it's bleeding money. So your idea is to dump a couple hundred grand into reconfiguring the track lol lol lol lol. People on this board are a special kind of stupid

#120 thebigdueceduece

thebigdueceduece

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Yes...its bleeding money because of those reasons hahaha hahaha duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users