• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#81 Tim W

Tim W

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

Just wondering if they are going to post the pay outs or if your the bullshit we should not be listening to. Web site was updated but no pay increases. SPOON. click click

I don't do the website.. I just sent Terry a message to have the payouts changes posted as soon as he can (he's at Dog Hollow now). If you wanna talk shit, at least be enough of a man to put your name on it.

#82 deathpunch

deathpunch

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

I don't do the website.. I just sent Terry a message to have the payouts changes posted as soon as he can (he's at Dog Hollow now). If you wanna talk shit, at least be enough of a man to put your name on it.

I need a like button x 10....

Edited by deathpunch, 20 June 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#83 116 octain

116 octain

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

Yeah sure so every time there is a caution you and terry can put me to the tail, anybody that races at that track on a weekly basis knows that after the drama that happened with the points fund last winter Jeff lost his care for running a track, and now the same cats that ran it into the ground the first two times are at it again. Didn't make any sense why you would put the same people back in charge that made it the quality place it was when Jeff first laid eyes on it.

#84 116 octain

116 octain

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

I need a like button x 10....

So your mom and dad where on an acid trip when they put death punch on your birth certificate?

#85 deathpunch

deathpunch

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

So your mom and dad where on an acid trip when they put death punch on your birth certificate?

U can look in my profile and see my name anytime. Its been there since the day I joined racestud

#86 116 octain

116 octain

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

U can look in my profile and see my name anytime. Its been there since the day I joined racestud

Now that I know who you are I know your parents where on acid.

#87 deathpunch

deathpunch

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Now that I know who you are I know your parents where on acid.

Lol u make me laugh. .. I wont feed into a war of words. But 90% of the ppl on here hides behind a screen. Its pathetic. This is a racing forum with more drama then Facebook.

#88 racing fan 5

racing fan 5

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

Was just wondering who the same cats are? Gamblers? Don't see him or them. Hidden Valley? See running grader ?? When hidden Valley was here over 100 cars a night. Must be someone I never met.

#89 116 octain

116 octain

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:44 PM

Was just wondering who the same cats are? Gamblers? Don't see him or them. Hidden Valley? See running grader ?? When hidden Valley was here over 100 cars a night. Must be someone I never met.

100 cars a night why did it close?

#90 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:dirt track racer

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:07 AM

i remember over 100 cars lots of nights  i would say it closed because of a lot of things that are happening now  a lot of guys were being pegged as track favorites and then hummingbird opened and they lost a bunch of cars. the classes were front wheel drives .pure stock and i do mean pure stock on street tires and mostly stock engines ...streetstocks 355  engines and 2 barrell carbs ....358 modifieds and late models  that was the original 4 classes and maybe super stocks was a class at one time .

Edited by race ace, 21 June 2014 - 01:08 AM.

race ace

#91 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:54 AM

Race ace ... Of those " over a hundred cars " how many of them still race ? 30 ?

#92 racer111

racer111

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

I remember Hidden Valley getting a lot of cars also...but that was a long time ago...no Hummingbird....

#93 racing fan 5

racing fan 5

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

Race ace is dead on. Proves that the cars will race. Fans need to show up. AMP does not draw much of the support from local fans. The Bird took a majority of the crowd.

#94 rsadiedog

rsadiedog

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

There are several different causes for AMPS struggles; the economy, some of Jeff's decisions, too many tracks on same night. But the biggest cause for its current situation is this damn message board! While there are only a few who are making the posts, there are lots reading all this crap! I had several people approach me at Clinton Co. last night and commented on it. These people were all hesitant on going to AMP or going back to AMP, mostly because of what they are "hearing."

You guys won't be happy until the track is closed again, and then you will bitch that it is not open! Yes I agree some changes could be made, but it's not our money and not our decision. Call Jeff and express your ideas and thoughts, get the drivers together and have them sign who is willing to run Friday or Sunday. If your a fan, do the same thing, walk around and poll the fans and present it to Jeff. You people are supposedly lovers of this sport, and want a local track to do it at, so start being good stewards of your sport. You know not only a track promoter promotes the track, the fans and racers do too. please stop putting nails in AMP's coffin.

Nick Loffredo

#95 deathpunch

deathpunch

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

There are several different causes for AMPS struggles; the economy, some of Jeff's decisions, too many tracks on same night. But the biggest cause for its current situation is this damn message board! While there are only a few who are making the posts, there are lots reading all this crap! I had several people approach me at Clinton Co. last night and commented on it. These people were all hesitant on going to AMP or going back to AMP, mostly because of what they are "hearing."

You guys won't be happy until the track is closed again, and then you will bitch that it is not open! Yes I agree some changes could be made, but it's not our money and not our decision. Call Jeff and express your ideas and thoughts, get the drivers together and have them sign who is willing to run Friday or Sunday. If your a fan, do the same thing, walk around and poll the fans and present it to Jeff. You people are supposedly lovers of this sport, and want a local track to do it at, so start being good stewards of your sport. You know not only a track promoter promotes the track, the fans and racers do too. please stop putting nails in AMP's coffin.

Well said

#96 RocketRide

RocketRide

Race Fan

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

You really cant put it on the fans and the racers, the reality is that any issues that they may have, need to be worked out by mamagement, and so far i have not seen that, i would like to see them succesful but the only option i see is to change days, that would be a no brainer If i was running the place, I. Dont understand why they dont see that, alot of racers frequent there.home track on sat nites, but i also know that they will race again on sunday if they had a place to go, and guess what, if it would happen to rain out sat nite tracks lookout packed house at amp.Jmo

#97 116 octain

116 octain

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

[quote name="rsadiedog" post="392447" timestamp="1403358309"]

Your entitled to your opinion and we're entitled to ours and, that's all they are opinions. If people can't handle it don't read it!!!!!!

Edited by 116 octain, 21 June 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#98 fordblueoval

fordblueoval

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

Please consider this option.  Switch to Sunday afternoons and pay the cars in cash instead of checks. 

#99 racer111

racer111

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Clinton County pays in cash, ((at least they used to)) when we run we get paid in cash...

Tri-City used to be very successful running Sunday afternoons...but they of course were running sprint cars...but then again so is AMP...

#100 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:dirt track racer

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

THE LEGEND asked how many of these guys still race and i will answer him as best as i can remember from the old hidden valley days .....dan smeal still does so does dwayne stiner and dwayne tanneyhill...louie jacoby ..Emory rinehart still has his ride ..todd mathews ..luke hoffner .. john brady .. jamie price ran hidden valley .me when the car is fixed lol...john brady ...bob garvey races at racing for hero 's and hummingbird in two  different classes   i am sure there are a lot more guys who still have cars but back then the rules were a little more sensible and gas prices were better i have said it a thousand times racers are their own  foes you need to wipe the slate clean and come up with affordable classes that make the kids of today want to build a car that is where the future is a lot of these guys are getting old enough that in a few years they will be done racing and there really is no affordable class to race any more  there was once a time you knocked the windows out of a car and put a cage in it and go racing for around 1000 dollars with some used parts and some junkyard pieces now if you don't have 30 thousand dollars in a car you might as well leave it home and that is what guys are doing and that is why your car counts are hurting .i wish i could post pictures from hidden valley but i cant . i believe that the semi late class at AMP is a good idea though.

race ace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users